PDA

View Full Version : Insecure & All Knowing...

FinisWolf
05-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Amberain whispers, ""where is estoria ..just tryin to find my human roots..and i ask if i dont know where it is."

You quietly whisper to Amberain, "Tis in Idolone. No idea where that is, since I was abducted as a child."

You quietly whisper to Amberain, "And taken to Ta'Vaalor."

Amberain whispers, ""ok..i was just curious..i dont know where i came from..so i ask humans where they are from..i didnt mean to offend you."

You quietly whisper to Amberain, "Not offended at all, of course I am very curious to know how you had any inkling as to where I came from."

Amberain whispers, ""well i heard you were from there and i wanted to know what city it was in...didnt mean to bother you."

You quietly whisper to Amberain, "Hmm..., makes me curious as to where you would hear such a thing, since I have never told anyone, but my betrothed."

You quietly whisper to Amberain, "And as I said, tis no bother."

Amberain whispers, ""i have seen you round town..and someone mentioned yer name and told me where ye were from that is all..i didnt think askin where ya came from..would make ya mad at me..it was just a question."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bullshit. You don't magically know where someone is from, I have never said to anyone, except my IG and RL Fiance'e. I don't really care that she knows, but o I have seen you about town and someone said..., come on... BS! Sorry, but it is. And I told her I was fine with her asking, why all the sorries?

Finiswolf

Praefection
05-22-2004, 06:24 AM
Because she's a fucking twit.

Artha
05-22-2004, 08:04 AM
if i = a, you = correct.

Killer Kitten
05-22-2004, 10:37 AM
If she had said, 'I saw it on your culture title,' or, 'I read it in a posting on a message board,' you'd be here ripping her a new one for being so OOC.

I don't know her (or you), but in all fairness it sounds as if she was attempting to roleplay by starting a conversation about your culture. Her attempt at conversation in character was met with an indication that even her attempt to be IC was going to be considered OOC. She tried to cover the blunder by staying IC.

If you want people to roleplay and not be OOC they have to be encouraged to do so, not shot down on a technicality when they try.

I thought she seemed graceful under pressure and resisted your attempts to embarass her by calling attention to her blunder her very well. Recognizing her blunder, she tried to end the conversation and you kept prolonging the awkward moment. From the point of view of a disinterested third party she came off a lot better during this encounter than you did.

K/T

Skirmisher
05-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I'd kinda have to agree with Kim on this one.

She may have messed up, but tried to cover it and it really was not some huge gaffe.

Just not much to get irked about.:shrug:

SiKWiDiT
05-22-2004, 05:20 PM
She fucked up, you embarressed the shit out of her.

I don't really care for Amberain, but I don't think you would have made as big a deal of it had it been anyone else.

Bobmuhthol
05-22-2004, 05:25 PM
It was in whispers and you're complaining? Fuck that in the ear. *Nothing* in whispers should be taken as roleplay.

Shari
05-22-2004, 05:41 PM
I agree. On the whole whispers being taken seriously part.

Nakiro
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Its slighly humerous, but not worth bitching about. I give her props for attempting to roleplay. Her question was fairly OOC related, but she did her best to try and make it as IC as possible. The effort diserves some recognition.

DeV
05-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Come on Fin.. quit feeding the trolls. Yeah, she's a dingy broad but doesn't look like anything to complain about to me.

Bobmuhthol
05-22-2004, 08:05 PM
<<Her question was fairly OOC related, but she did her best to try and make it as IC as possible.>>

IT WAS IN WHISPERS DAMNIT.

FinisWolf
03-14-2005, 03:26 AM
So I am bored, and I decided to go sifting through the crap I wrote in the past.

Just a note folks (that were initially involved in this conversation), I never bitched (too bad), the real point of me posting it was because I HONESTLY wanted to know why she felt she needed to apologize after each statement.

It was in whispers, so no biggie, as stated, and I simply (also in whispers) pointed out that IC no one would know, but I also provided her a way of knowing, because I gave her some history in my whispers.

If she had not been busy apologizing, she may have noticed that, and we may have been able to have some sort of RP.

Also, I STILL want to know WHY all the "sorries"..., seriously..., I have my IG/RL reasons for wanting to know.

Most Respectfully,

Finiswolf

03-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Shes a bit loopy finiswolf thats all that ya need to know

Overlord
03-14-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Dave
Shes a bit loopy finiswolf thats all that ya need to know

A bit? Thats an understatement as far as I can remember

03-14-2005, 08:09 AM
I was trying to be nice.

Chadj
03-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Don't bothery trying to be nice.

She's fucking insane. Period.

03-14-2005, 08:20 AM
this coming from a guy who takes pictures of his gerbils balls...
Edit: you are right though chadj

[Edited on 3-14-2005 by Dave]

CrystalTears
03-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Dave
this coming from a guy who takes pictures of his gerbils balls...

Is that what the avatar pic is of?! Chadj you sick, sick man.

I've noticed in logs that people have posted of Amberain that she tends to apologize a lot when she tries to ask someone something and they ask why/what she is asking that.

Skeeter
03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Possibly because she gets tired of being trashed all the time? :shrug: