PDA

View Full Version : Magicka Multiplayer, anyone?

ganf
07-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Just trying it out right now, but the thought of seeing what other gemstone players might use for spell combinations and the mayhem that would ensue could motivate me to buy it.

If you haven't tried it, it's a ridiculously fun game with an enjoyably diverse spellcasting system that enforces creativity and teamwork, unless you're a nazi zombie or something... Check out some youtube of it, or there's a free demo on steam. In the beginning they mention that there are thousands of spell combinations, and if that weren't so open-ended a statement it would be an underestimation.

There are bugs, but after 24 updates in 6 months a lot of them seem to be resolved. And it's still supported.

Can I see a show of hands?

TheEschaton
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I played the demo, but it ends pretty quickly. I also had the feeling that singleplayer would get overwhelming pretty quickly.

ganf
07-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Single player is a snap. Took me two days to beat, but largely because I needed breaks. A few moments were frustrating.... Like when I skipped over the book that teaches summon elemental and tried to fight the dwarf army without any "Big bang" spells such as vortex and meteor swarm.... Spell combinations really shine in multiplayer though, assuming you can keep from nuking your partners.