PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Arnold!

Methais
08-07-2003, 07:56 PM
If you live in California, register to vote and vote for this man! I know I would if I lived there.

Lord Deprav
08-07-2003, 08:57 PM
"I am a cop you idiot!"

"NO DEAL!"

Lord Deprav

Rowi
08-08-2003, 01:06 AM
ILWU for life!

Work Union sleep longer!

imported_Kranar
08-08-2003, 01:39 AM
I think him being governor would be the coolest thing ever.

Rowi
08-08-2003, 03:28 AM
actually being from a union labor family and job id still vote for arnold!

Davis sucks! Bunker tax sucks! triple your car tags sucks!

peam
08-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Arnold's going to win.

Dighn Darkbeam
08-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Love that tie

Caels
08-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Even though I love him as an actor I don't think he has what it takes to be governer. I watched some of his interviews and he comes across as an idiot on some of the issues. Other issues he completely ignored or gave such long-winded answers that had no true meaning that made me think he's not for the part.

But overall I'd say he's acting like a politician already by dodging questions and giving evasive answers.

I'd certainly rather see him govern than Larry Flint.

Chyrain
08-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Why not vote for a man who carried a child? He's amazing!

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/ioa/arnold//arnoldwebart/junior2.jpg

smarty pants
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
gary coleman is going to win.

i remember halloween
08-11-2003, 09:57 PM
at least arnold has moral character. i cannot speak for all the candidates, but of the high profile ones, he's the only person who i would trust to actually care what happens. besides he'll kick your ass if you don't vote for him.

Ilvane
08-11-2003, 10:03 PM
So what exactly does Arnold stand for that everyone is so ready to vote for him?

What got California in a mess to begin with was that people didn't pay attention to the issues..now why would you vote for him, when he has barely said anything he stood for, aside from being a movie star and bodybuilder?

-A

Bobmuhthol
08-11-2003, 10:14 PM
He will pump up Sacramento.

imported_Kranar
08-11-2003, 11:04 PM
<< What got California in a mess to begin with was that people didn't pay attention to the issues..now why would you vote for him, when he has barely said anything he stood for, aside from being a movie star and bodybuilder? >>

Arnold has voiced his political opinions many times, even before he ever considered being governor.

I posted my reasons for why he would make a good politician, unfortunately right after I posted this BBS went down.

Basically the jist of it was that what California needs right now is someone who has a lot of ambition and energy to fix this situation. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to be a politician because you have an entire team of advisors and researchers who can figure most things out for you. Very few politicians even come up with their own ideas or speeches, they simply give the ideas of their advisors a yes or a no. What it takes is someone who can keep the confidence of his constituents and is willing to constantly allocate resources into various problems.

You yourself don't have to be a genious, but you have to have a genious working with you, and you have to be able to tell your genious what to look into and what issues need solving. I think Arnold's fame will be able to charm most of California into trusting and liking him.

Have to remember, the election isn't for sometime, so I wouldn't expect that either he, or any candidate has THE solution to fix California's economic situation.

CrystalTears
08-11-2003, 11:46 PM
I'd rather vote for someone who has been able to keep his career visual. Heh, get it, Gary Coleman, short. can't be seen, career gone? <sighs>

Actually I'd like to see Gallagher get a chance. Your vote or he'll squash your head like a watermelon. :D

Bobmuhthol
08-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Gallagher is funny, not smart.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

Red Devil
08-12-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Caels
Even though I love him as an actor I don't think he has what it takes to be governer. I watched some of his interviews and he comes across as an idiot on some of the issues. Other issues he completely ignored or gave such long-winded answers that had no true meaning that made me think he's not for the part.

But overall I'd say he's acting like a politician already by dodging questions and giving evasive answers.

I'd certainly rather see him govern than Larry Flint.

:bouncy:

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Red Devil]

Caels
08-12-2003, 05:54 AM
I had disabled the post timer a while ago, thank you for reminding me to turn it back on.

Betheny
08-12-2003, 06:55 AM
California just wants to outdo Minnesota.

I miss Jesse Ventura.

Be prepared for a shitstorm. Then again if he's running GOP... Ventura's problem is that he was third-party and the media (inexorably intertwined with our lovely political parties, stupid jerks) didn't like that he wouldn't play their games.

Parkbandit
08-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Arnold can't be worse than Davis.. that's for sure.

Why those sprout heads in CA voted him in again is beyond me.

edge
08-13-2003, 12:24 PM
What scares me about Arnold is he bragged about being the highest paid actor in hollywood. That tells me he is the greediest. Which means he only does things for a payday. He never did the small films for fun like other actors do. It was all about money to him.

edge

[Edited on 8-13-2003 by edge]

imported_Kranar
08-13-2003, 12:40 PM
<< He never did the small films for fun like other actors do. >>

He did MANY small films, what are you saying? Twins, Commando, Junior, Kindergarten Cop... actually check out the IMDB database for a list of all his movies.

Most of his movies were low budget, but he just made them such a huge success.

edge
08-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Well, he got paid bigbucks for all those. That's what I meant.

edge

Neildo
08-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Heh, that post you made Kranar kinda reminds me of one I made elsewhere. I'll post it for the hell of it:

Let's not forget that Arnold Swartznegger married into the Kennedy family so I'm sure they'll help him out and/or try and persuade him on certain issues when he'll need the help. That and he's been involved with politics for quite awhile now. And at least he's not 100% politician yet so he'll have a few refreshing views in regards to certain things. Sort of be more for the people in a way Jesse Ventura was and who knows, maybe even Sonny Bono since he's also highly into charity acts.

As for Gary Coleman, heh, I don't think anyone will ever take him seriously especially due to all the jokes people would crack about him during the years. But I did like his "flat tax" idea he talked about.

I'll probably vote for Arnold because it'll be refreshing. And like someone else said, it's not like he'd be able to screw things up much worse than things are now. But who knows, that's if Davis gets recalled because people may not like the other choices. I always tell people not to worry as much because it could always be worse. Who knows, if Arnold does get elected, he could screw things up even worse where we'd be better off with Davis. Heck, I don't even really have that much of a problem with Davis in the first place. The only real thing I disliked was his triple the cost car tax and I'm sure that's the main thing in regards to others as well.

And yep, I agree with what Blood said, they're all mainly just a false front. Actors are actually better to be in those positions because that's what they basically are. It's the other people behind them that actually run the things. They have their staff and other groups suggesting things, manipulating things, and advise them. All the head hauncho does is take the information that is given to him and tries to make the best decision. It's not like the mayor/governor/president/whoever is a one-man system doing all the things him/herself.

- N

Methais
08-15-2003, 06:28 PM
<<He never did the small films for fun like other actors do. It was all about money to him. -edge>>

Heh. Ever seen Hercules in New York? <cough>

Artha
08-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Nobody go to the url on Methais' picture.

Methais
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Hahahaha.

Betheny
08-16-2003, 05:12 AM
Vote for me.

Bobmuhthol
08-16-2003, 05:15 AM
Whoever edited that certainly doesn't know how to use photoshop correctly.

Betheny
08-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Do you ever have anything nice to say, or is it super important for you to be far superior to everyone and everything?

CrystalTears
08-16-2003, 09:41 AM
It's all about quantity for Bob, not quality.

Methais
08-16-2003, 10:29 AM
<<Whoever edited that certainly doesn't know how to use photoshop correctly. -Bob>>

What exactly is wrong with the pic? Or are you just trolling as usual?

AnticorRifling
08-18-2003, 09:33 AM
He lifts weights, I lift weights. He's GOP, I'm GOP. What's not to like about this guy? I'd vote for him if I was in CA.

Artha
08-18-2003, 09:39 AM
He only says he's GOP...he stands left-of-center on just about every issue (that he'll answer to).

Ben
08-19-2003, 04:52 AM
Too bad he said he regrets his Grandfather being a Nazi.

Skirmisher
08-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Too bad he said he regrets his Grandfather being a Nazi.

Come on Ben, you can inflame better than that.

Put some effort into it.

Neildo
08-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Heh, he's not flaming. He's just giving his honest beliefs/opinions.

- N

Methais
08-20-2003, 02:48 PM
Are you trying to advertise that Pitbull Rescue thing or do you just like the pic? If you're advertising it it might help to put a link with it or something.

Artha
08-20-2003, 02:59 PM
If you're advertising it it might help to put a link with it or something.

Click on Pitbull Rescue Center.

Methais
08-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Uh, oops.