PDA

View Full Version : general help

a_man_
07-11-2011, 08:04 PM
if i were to write a fletching script, how would i manage RT between steps? i've looked at few scripts posted on here and can't quite figure it out. i figure it would be a good idea for me to write my own, but i'll take any help i can get. thanks.

Axhinde
07-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Just insert "pause" where you would be incurring rt. I made a simple fletching script that makes arrows without adding arrowheads. I can post it if u want it. You'll just have to edit it with your fletching pack ad fletching knife.

a_man_
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
that would be awesome. two other questions....is there a point to using arrowheads? and in terms of the script...i have a quiver with my rough shafts and finished arrows, and my pack with all the other supplies...good idea or bad idea?

Axhinde
07-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, some arrowheads from merchants can add flares I believe. Other than that they're namely for personalization. You really only need fletchings to make the arrow fireable.

You should be fine keeping your blank shafts in your quiver. I just keep them with the rest of my supplies in one pack.

Axhinde
07-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Try this one out. You'll have to modify it obviously if you paint your arrows, add arrowheads, or scribe your arrows.

This is a super simple script, and you will have to keep an eye on it. Sometimes the RT that Stormfront displays and your actual RT can be off by one second. If that happens you'll have to pause the script and do things manually to catch up. Things to edit would be fletching knife, supply pack, your bow/crossbow, whether or not you want painted arrows and arrowheads.

loop:
put get knife
wait
put swap
wait
put get 1 my shaft
wait
put cut my shaft with my knife
pause
put cut nock in my shaft with my knife
put cut nock in my shaft with my knife
pause
put stow knife
wait
put remove bow
wait
put measure my shaft with my bow
pause
put wear bow
wait
put get knife
wait
put cut my shaft with my knife
pause
put stow knife
wait
put get glue
wait
put put glue on my shaft
pause
put stow glue
wait
put get fletch from my pack
wait
put put fletch on my shaft
wait
put stow fletch
waitfor The glue on your arrow shaft has dried.
put get knife
wait
put cut shaft with my knife
put cut shaft with my knife
pause
put stow knife
wait
put put arrow in arrows in my cloak
wait
goto loop:

a_man_
07-11-2011, 08:35 PM
i r douche.

also, they should have finished the scene for your avatar.

a_man_
07-11-2011, 08:40 PM
thank you! this definitely gives me something to play around with.

Talhanna
07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I used match. It takes care of variable RT's, too. Pause isn't always reliable. I'll post it if you want. I paint and use arrowheads, though. If you want it customized, just PM me, and I can do that, too.

Axhinde
07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I could use it. I find ;ultrafletch doesn't work when using arrowheads.