PDA

View Full Version : Attention Rogues/Warriors

wandererjs
07-10-2011, 02:56 AM
All,

On my list of things to do (well... list of things I'm thinking of doing) is to port/rewrite/fix autowar and guildx for lich. I am planning on writing them in Tillmen's style of alchemy: using tags to designate locations within that guild.

To that end, I'm planning to map and tag the guilds soon. One caveat, though, is that I will have to cheat on some of the rooms that you can't enter without that task: stage doors, disarm wheels, etc, and I will tag the rooms outside instead. Yes, it may be cheating, but it's impractical to get a task to enter every one of those rooms for mapping, and impossible for the tasks I've mastered already.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach? Are there any gotchas that I should be aware of?

I plan on a mapping marathon tomorrow, and will do the tags then. Thankfully, tags can be adjusted easier later if need be, as it doesn't require locking the map database to update.

Thoughts?

Kadishmal

Lord Orbstar
07-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Ur awesome for doing it is my thought

Nattor
07-10-2011, 10:01 AM
If the room is already mapped you don't have to enter it to tag it. I understand that some of the guilds may not be mapped but I'd imagine that at least a few of them are.

wandererjs
07-10-2011, 01:23 PM
If the room is already mapped you don't have to enter it to tag it. I understand that some of the guilds may not be mapped but I'd imagine that at least a few of them are.

True, but I'd need to enter it to find the correct rooms to tag. I can mine some of the info from existing scripts (autowar, which embeds spiffylib), but will likely need to visit all of them (excluding Teras, probably RR too).

Nattor
07-10-2011, 02:34 PM
True, but I'd need to enter it to find the correct rooms to tag. I can mine some of the info from existing scripts (autowar, which embeds spiffylib), but will likely need to visit all of them (excluding Teras, probably RR too).

That is one way to approach it. The other option is you could just make the script work with tagged things in one town, and leave it up to everyone else to tag the guilds in other towns if they want it to work in other places than where you set it up. Kinda like Alchemy, people are still tagging and mapping guilds.

Not trying to discourage you or anything, just offering a suggestion.

wandererjs
07-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Actually, I'm planning on tagging them all... as it's easier to do a marathon. Easier on Tillmen, too, as there's only one map to be updated.

Some guilds aren't mapped at all.. not even *mapped*, let alone tagged.

Some that were mapped (Ta'Vaalor) weren't done completely, so may as well run mapmap to reverify as I tag everything. (Empath guild in this case).

Rogue guilds will be harder with the multiple exits.. but will cross that bridge when I come to it.