PDA

View Full Version : UGH.

Shari
05-20-2004, 02:13 AM
This isn't so much about GS as it is about the official message boards.

Unfortunately I still check them for info on merchant events and the auctions, because the ass-kissing just gets so bad I try to avoid it as much as possible.

But christ almighty the amount of brown-nosing (especially to Khaladon) involving the Dhu and I swear I'm going to vomit until my intestines come out. And Khaladon is a cool guy but WHY THE FUCK does everyon feel the need to fucking ass-kiss on the boards?!?

<rips her hair out>

I'm purposely not doing the first run of the Dhu to avoid the overly-excited-must-buy-the-first-round-ticket people because they make me want to go on a killing rampage.

That is all.

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Jesae]

Edaarin
05-20-2004, 02:15 AM
You just explained the reason I hate haven't gotten an alteration in two years (3 and a half if you discount the last official alteration was a portrait of Edaarin painted by Piruvio). The ass kissing gets nauseating, and every so often you get treated to gems like

Jaxyon says, "Sukara I hit my girlfriend and my mother is dying, it would really make this warrior's night if you would choose me to work for"

Shari
05-20-2004, 02:21 AM
I know. I've had people saying similar shit.

You know what? If my mother was dying, I sure as fuck wouldn't be playing gs. To top it off...people who say shit like that should realize that karma is real, trust me.

Kitsun
05-20-2004, 02:45 AM
Is it wrong of me to enjoy stealing list slots from them just to hear them cry?

Mint
05-20-2004, 02:53 AM
<------- One of the overly-excited-must-buy-the-first-round-ticket people :bye:

Originally posted by Jesae

I'm purposely not doing the first run of the Dhu to avoid the overly-excited-must-buy-the-first-round-ticket people because they make me want to go on a killing rampage.

Someone take away Jesae's guns please....

Shari
05-20-2004, 03:36 AM
I should have added more onto that, Mint.

I was referring to the butt-kissers who buy the first ticket to do all the quests first and sweet-talk the merchants until their face turns blue in the hopes they will get picked for an alter.

Galleazzo
05-20-2004, 05:33 AM
I dunno. No offense, Jesae, but I see the same boards and a lot more folk tell GMs to kiss their ass than kiss GM ass. Also looks to me like what Miss Manners said about what most guys call a brown-nosing teacher's pet: a kid turning in homework on time, doesn't cut class, doesn't throw spitballs or stab the kid in front of him with pencils, and who speaks kinda polite. Kid's got to be an asskissing suckup, right, 'cause he's not a frigging barbarian?

Same deal here. Someone posts saying a GM did nice work, keep it up, and folk start muttering "asskisser asskisser asskisser."

Now maybe I ain't the king of happy chat but isn't it screwy when we think that only insults are sincere?

Pallon
05-20-2004, 06:31 AM
Khaladon is the man, but I have to say he jumped the shark with those sock & wheel monstrosities from the Spitfire. What creations on the Dhu are they kissing his ass about?

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Pallon]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-20-2004, 08:58 AM
At least Gullman doesn't post anymore, he must have made gm or something, which is so sad it makes me weep softly into my pillow each night.

Bobmuhthol
05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I've picked fights with alterers before.

They ended up charging me four times the normal cost.

Atlanteax
05-20-2004, 12:00 PM

Unfortunately I still check them for info on merchant events and the auctions, because the ass-kissing just gets so bad I try to avoid it as much as possible.

But christ almighty the amount of brown-nosing (especially to Khaladon) involving the Dhu and I swear I'm going to vomit until my intestines come out. And Khaladon is a cool guy but WHY THE FUCK does everyon feel the need to fucking ass-kiss on the boards?!?

<rips her hair out>

That is all.

If you're referring to the Premium folder... it doesn't seem like "ass-kissing" as I'd define it... more like playful banter.

Even similiar to the banter that goes on here.

My problem is that it's not so much as "ass-kissing" as it is predominantly point-less drivel. Just seems out of place.

Chadj
05-20-2004, 12:12 PM
If the damn boards didn't confuse me so much, I would gladly go on and do some anti-kiss ass. I don't give a damn if they know that I think they are fuckers for such high pricing, and that the Dhu is gay in the first place :P

DCSL
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Pallon
Khaladon is the man, but I have to say he jumped the shark with those sock & wheel monstrosities from the Spitfire. What creations on the Dhu are they kissing his ass about?

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Pallon]

I think I'll kiss his ass for bringing poisons to GS, on the Dhu. Well, not really, but I did thank him profusely, I think.

CrystalTears
05-20-2004, 02:37 PM
No it's not the "keep up the good work" comments that are considered brown-nosing (not to me anyway). It's the ones where they try to do the cutesy little playful banter with them as though "look at me I'm being friendly and playful with staff, they love me!" kind of bullshit that irritates other people.

Many people have GM friends, its just that some don't feel the need to flaunt it.

[Edited on 5/20/2004 by CrystalTears]

Xcalibur
05-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Question: Was Porcell an ass licker? If so, I understand now.

If not, I don't.

P.S. Some people got no self esteem.

Shari
05-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
No it's not the "keep up the good work" comments that are considered brown-nosing (not to me anyway). It's the ones where they try to do the cutesy little playful banter with them as though "look at me I'm being friendly and playful with staff, they love me!" kind of bullshit that irritates other people.

Many people have GM friends, its just that some don't feel the need to flaunt it.

[Edited on 5/20/2004 by CrystalTears]

BAH! I had all this crap typed out in response and pressed the wrong button, shit.

Okay, long story short...THANK YOU CrystalTears. That was my point I was trying to make. I fully agree that GM's deserve praise for the hard work they do, a lot of them bust-ass. I thank them every time I have work done. But the whole cutesy, no cookies for you, I'm going to lock you in a room so I can get first dibs on Gigglers junk, etc, is what drives me insane.

I mean its one thing to have to listen to this for waiting in line for generally 2 hours and listen to people butt-kiss, but must it be done on the boards too?

Sorry I should have clarified. GM's definitely deserve a pat on the back when they do a good job. ;)

Souzy
05-20-2004, 08:29 PM
I was referring to the butt-kissers who buy the first ticket to do all the quests first and sweet-talk the merchants until their face turns blue in the hopes they will get picked for an alter.

I don't buy tickets to these things cos they're a waste of money. But, I did however bug the hell out of that merchant in Illistim. Cos Eider and I was rollin'. Plus, it pissed me off that I waited there forever and people walk in and they get picked. Assholes. :down:

Edited to say, umm...I didn't realize you was talking about boards Jes. Yeah, I wouldn't kiss ass on the boards. I'd tell them they all suck and they should've picked me, haha.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Lalana]

FinisWolf
05-20-2004, 11:00 PM

<rips her hair out>

That is all.

:lol: Thats cool, if I forget to buy anything on the first run, I'll ask you to get it. And, hopefully you won't be feeling like oyu need to go on a killing spree cause I am going on the first run.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
05-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I know. I've had people saying similar shit.

You know what? If my mother was dying, I sure as fuck wouldn't be playing gs. To top it off...people who say shit like that should realize that karma is real, trust me.

Makes me want to hit him for hitting his gf, thats BS.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
05-20-2004, 11:03 PM
I should have added more onto that, Mint.

Bah! Well, since I am not even going for alters, guess that leaves me out. Damn, I was hoping to a small degree you would kill Jaxyon since I said I was going on the first run.

Finiswolf

Zanagodly
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
I used to see characters break their RP all the time when GM run merchant is around. It is damn annoying and makes the game unenjoyable for me. Everyone is about personal gain and will use any means necessary to appeal to a friggin GM. They are nobody but a regular person with access to some coding features. That, and hearing people say "I never win", "I've been here (fill in the blank) years and never get picked." etc.

FinisWolf
05-20-2004, 11:13 PM
You forgot, I have been waiting 4 hours...

Screw em

Finiswolf

~ Who has been on both sides of the coin ~

Warriorbird
05-22-2004, 07:48 PM
:shrugs: I skip first runs for a different reason. I just imagine all the stuff that's broken. I'm going on the second. I don't really care about the alters, but I imagine it'll be a fun weekend off.

Ilvane
05-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I didn't get a ticket this time, though I'm hearing a lot of good things about this run. I don't think I'll do another pay event after the last couple I went to that were not that great. It's not worth the money most of the time.

I'm with you on people kissing behind on the boards. I can't do that anymore. There are way too many things going wrong in the game to pretend that everything is okay, and that we all agree with it.

Just my thoughts.

-A

OoK
06-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

If not, I don't.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I wouldn't consider Porcell to be an asslicker/asskisser/whatever.

-OoK

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by OoK

Originally posted by Xcalibur

If not, I don't.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I wouldn't consider Porcell to be an asslicker/asskisser/whatever.

-OoK

You'll learn here that most people never are quite sure what X means when he posts. You either learn to translate.. or you just ignore it.

As far as merchants go.. if I happen to be around when there is one.. Falgrin will generally make fun of them if they are not dwarven. If they are dwarven, Falgrin will strike up a conversation with them and give them an ale or two.

Falgrin is extremely hard on the elves that make weapons. I can't wait until the time Falgrin is picked for an alteration of a weapon by an elf merchant... now THAT will be fun.

Shari
06-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Heh, this reminds me of an altering session I had at the artisans faire. This dwarf had started in room order, and part of the way through ended up locking us in. The whole time he was working he was spouting off insulting elves, saying he was going to overcharge them, etc.

Linsha, myself, and a few others started in on him slowly, and we got quite an arguement going. When I handed him my lance he said something along the lines of "are you sure you can even swing this big stick, little girl?". I smiled at him and said, "I'd be more than happy to show you and make you shorter and dumpier than you are now." He got pissed and ended up working on it anyway, charging out the ass for a silly cosmetic alter, and giving me an RPA in the end, it was fun.

Kurili
06-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Lemme guess, was the Dwarf Chavie?

Kurili

Shari
06-02-2004, 03:22 AM
No, it started with a K. Khordan or something like that.

Kurili
06-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Bah, they're all related, those Dwarven merchants. Probably brothers.

Kurili :lol: