PDA

View Full Version : Changing shield size + weight?

ganf
07-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I've got a medium shield that I want to make into a tower, but no matter how much I puzzle over it I can't get an idea on how much it's weight will go up...

Veil iron is the material. It weighed 10-11 pounds and I got it max-lightened down to 4. Any guesses on where it'd be after getting it turned into a tower shield?

thefarmer
07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Don't bother planning on getting it changed. The chances of it happening are virtually none.

Just buy a veil iron tower shield.

Archigeek
07-01-2011, 12:27 PM
The first and only time shield size changing has been offered in GS in the last 16 years was at the Spitfire this spring. Hopefully the trend is to do it more often, but it is still one of the rarest of services ever offered.

WRoss
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
A lot of old tower shields were medium based. If they are unconverted, then he still has that option.

Wyrmx
07-01-2011, 01:03 PM
A lot of old tower shields were medium based. If they are unconverted, then he still has that option.

Yeah, a quick trip to the armory will tell you that. I converted two so far.

Don't the the shields have to have tower or great shield in the description as well?

ganf
07-01-2011, 06:36 PM
It's newer than that, and since it isn't getting sold anytime soon I'll just find out the hard way. One of those things where you just don't know when to stop inching your manhood into the garbage disposal

Drew
07-01-2011, 06:46 PM
It's newer than that, and since it isn't getting sold anytime soon I'll just find out the hard way. One of those things where you just don't know when to stop inching your manhood into the garbage disposal

Usually before the tip gets anywhere near it.