PDA

View Full Version : Shattered RP Event attempt anyone?

Drunken Durfin
06-15-2011, 08:00 PM
So, who's up for attempting to getting together and doing an RP event in Shattered? Once we get organized we are going to try and get one or more of the GM's involved on a very light level via the Commune spell.

Fortybox
06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Count me in.

Spooky
06-15-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm in

Reland

raith
06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
count me in let me know if i need to leave teras for it
kzanl

doughal
06-15-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm in if it happens at a time I can be online.

Bhaalizmo
06-15-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm in, at an undetermined hour and place.

Glitch
06-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Totally down if I'm around.

GodSatan
06-16-2011, 11:05 AM
This is Shattered, you cant make me RP!

(unless it actually happens and looks like fun while I'm around)

Fallen
06-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Any idea on your plan for the Commune? Maybe hold a tournament/Glad game type event in honor of either Kai or V'Tull, depending on the rules, then hold the Commune to see if you have earned the Arkati's favor. Hopefully the GM will be cool and have an appropriate themed invasion, or send down their Avatar to participate (AKA beat the shit out of all of you)

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
My plan was to use the Report verb in addition to the Commune to make sure that we were not just casting into the wind.

Fallen
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
My plan was to use the Report verb in addition to the Commune to make sure that we were not just casting into the wind.

That sucks, man. I would suggest e-mailing a GM personally, perhaps one that has shown interest in shattered in the past (And is still active). Tell him what you have in mind, and when you plan to do it. The worst he/she can say is no. Don't give up just yet.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I'm just in that "one step forward, two steps back" mindset right now.

Unless we do something, other than acting like tards wandering around with dumb-ass alters and whatnot, the Shattered server is going to turn into Modus Operandi, Active Players: 4.

Pissing off the GM's is not the way to go either. They don't have to interact with Shattered at all, acting like a bunch of window-lickers won't encourage them to.

Asha
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
This should all end badly.

Glitch
06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
It might work better if you brought this up on the officials too. Since... you know... GM's read those.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
"Hey do something" has not really worked on the Officials. My plan is a bit more structured.

Assemble the masses.

Develop a general activity/goal.

Invade the officials with plan asking for support.

See what happens.

HJFudge
06-16-2011, 03:37 PM

Because you know, an RP event without GM's is totally pointless.

Whose dong are we gonna slobber over for tasty RPAs if a GM isnt there? Isnt that the whole point of an RP event? To whore ourselves out for GM attention?

Shattered server got exactly what it wanted. Boring scripting with little/no interaction. And the only planned RP event aint really an RP event, its a 'Lets all beg for GM attention' party. Enjoy guys.

Eoghain
06-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Whose dong are we gonna slobber over for tasty RPAs if a GM isnt there? Isnt that the whole point of an RP event? To whore ourselves out for GM attention?

Shattered server got exactly what it wanted. Boring scripting with little/no interaction. And the only planned RP event aint really an RP event, its a 'Lets all beg for GM attention' party. Enjoy guys.

Wow. I don't know you, but you're a total dick. Good luck with that.

FibGS4
06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Wow. I don't know you, but you're a total dick. Good luck with that.

He got raped on Shattered and is all butt hurt over it.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Actually no, it is not about the RPA's - but you do need GM's if you want it to be more than just a stupid "let's kill each other" event. As you proved when you actually were in Shattered, you have no fucking imagination.

You are just pissed because we tore your playhouse down. Get your gimp-ass back in your box. If I want any shit from you I'll have a tranny hooker wipe off their dick and give me the rag.

raith
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
hoping for some GM interaction with this one as well but... if we cant get it its always a bit of fun to have a hey lets kill each other event even if i currently have no chance in surviving one of them

HJFudge
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Actually no, it is not about the RPA's - but you do need GM's if you want it to be more than just a stupid "let's kill each other" event. As you proved when you actually were in Shattered, you have no fucking imagination.

You are just pissed because we tore your playhouse down. Get your gimp-ass back in your box. If I want any shit from you I'll have a tranny hooker wipe off their dick and give me the rag.

No you don't. It just shows your lack of creativity. I've hosted and participated in plenty of player run events that needed no GM and involved no killing.

Saying "You have no imagination" and then going on to say "You cant have any event that isn't LETS JUST KILL EACH OTHER without a GM" made me giggle.

Teehee

Fortybox
06-16-2011, 05:05 PM
I have no idea what RP means here anyways. It's kind of hard to do prime RP with the names of people around here.

RP in the Shattered sense is oh noez Terminators are attacking teh Matrix and we need Jack Bauer! Or big fat uglyass trolls are attacking the landing!

Mordiegay is right in the sense that people are overreacting here. Just because the GMs haven't been around recently doesn't mean the apocalypse has happened. By far the first year of Shattered has been great and there are many cool items and uber stuff around. GMs have also given out RPAs numerous times as well. We are also getting Droughtmans too.

Let's not treat this as the sky is falling. I'm up for goofing off anytime but doing Arpee in the prime sense is not something for me personally.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Saying "You have no imagination" and then going on to say "You cant have any event that isn't LETS JUST KILL EACH OTHER without a GM" made me giggle.

I'm sorry, but getting some other guy who is pretending to be a girl behind a locked door in GS to cyber is not my idea of an RP event either. I know that is how you roll, but it is just not my thing.

Since I made you giggle, I'll expound on that. Without a GM to add a little flair and possibly a goal or item that is not otherwise attainable through standard game activities, the events tend to be kind of boring. Some really, really, big critter that takes a lot of (capped) people to kill with planned out attacks and teamwork requires a GM. Or perhaps an invasion of demons after a failed attempt to open a portal of some kind, this requires a GM. A bunch of us run running around with one person playing the part of a Narrator or something is not my idea of fun, and would do little to draw in more players to Shattered, which is the main goal here - but you apparently are not paying attention. If we can't compete with the Prime story lines (that do have GM interaction) we are not going to get more players to come over.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I have no idea what RP means here anyways. It's kind of hard to do prime RP with the names of people around here.

RP in the Shattered sense is oh noez Terminators are attacking teh Matrix and we need Jack Bauer! Or big fat uglyass trolls are attacking the landing!

Mordiegay is right in the sense that people are overreacting here. Just because the GMs haven't been around recently doesn't mean the apocalypse has happened. By far the first year of Shattered has been great and there are many cool items and uber stuff around. GMs have also given out RPAs numerous times as well. We are also getting Droughtmans too.

Let's not treat this as the sky is falling. I'm up for goofing off anytime but doing Arpee in the prime sense is not something for me personally.

Names like Oprah, RuPaul, etc? Who's fault is that?

If it is not for you, nobody is forcing you. And by the way, you might want to check your meds, your short term memory seems to be going:

Count me in.

HJFudge
06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry, but getting some other guy who is pretending to be a girl behind a locked door in GS to cyber is not my idea of an RP event either. I know that is how you roll, but it is just not my thing.

Since I made you giggle, I'll expound on that. Without a GM to add a little flair and possibly a goal or item that is not otherwise attainable through standard game activities, the events tend to be kind of boring. Some really, really, big critter that takes a lot of (capped) people to kill with planned out attacks and teamwork requires a GM. Or perhaps an invasion of demons after a failed attempt to open a portal of some kind, this requires a GM. A bunch of us run running around with one person playing the part of a Narrator or something is not my idea of fun, and would do little to draw in more players to Shattered, which is the main goal here - but you apparently are not paying attention. If we can't compete with the Prime story lines (that do have GM interaction) we are not going to get more players to come over.

Shattered had plenty of attention when I was there. People still ask me to come back because its gotten boring and stale.

Like it or not, the whole Marlu/Vanguard war was the most exciting thing to happen in Shattered. But you guys didn't want to have your scripting interrupted.

What shattered could have been is no longer possible, due to the preponderance of Capped folk. Now its just a place to zombie script and chat on the lnet.

As to the stuff about 'have to have GM to make it fun' I again, disagree. Sure, the loot whores and RPA whores probably wont come...but when have they ever really been RPers anyway?

Sheikh
06-16-2011, 05:24 PM
We all have to RP our chars based on whatever retarded name they have.

Then the GMs will come, but probably just to see how dumb we all actually look.

Fortybox
06-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Names like Oprah, RuPaul, etc? Who's fault is that?

If it is not for you, nobody is forcing you. And by the way, you might want to check your meds, your short term memory seems to be going:

You missed the point of my post. I have no intention of ever roleplaying the typical way. If I wanted that I would do prime. My count me in post assumes that nobody is actually going to be roleplaying in that sense Mr. "Ifor Get."

And you're right, nobody is forcing me and I most certainly am not going to Arpeez for real if that is what this is all about. Bring in some Terminator Drag Queenz attacking teh White House and you have me in.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Shattered had plenty of attention when I was there. People still ask me to come back because its gotten boring and stale.

Like it or not, the whole Marlu/Vanguard war was the most exciting thing to happen in Shattered. But you guys didn't want to have your scripting interrupted.

What shattered could have been is no longer possible, due to the preponderance of Capped folk. Now its just a place to zombie script and chat on the lnet.

As to the stuff about 'have to have GM to make it fun' I again, disagree. Sure, the loot whores and RPA whores probably wont come...but when have they ever really been RPers anyway?

Attention like that is the same as saying that people pay a lot of attention to their dick when it burns to pee. It was unwanted. What you were doing was forcing people to play YOUR game, not letting people who wanted no part of it mind their own business. And if so many people are asking you to come back, and you always "did it for the fans", what is stopping you? Punk. GS time cut into your laser tag practice hour?

And on the topic of RPAwhores and Lootwhores, if they come others will follow.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 06:02 PM
You missed the point of my post. I have no intention of ever roleplaying the typical way. If I wanted that I would do prime. My count me in post assumes that nobody is actually going to be roleplaying in that sense Mr. "Ifor Get.".

The name Ifor Get actually has a history, it is not just something stupid that I came up with for Shattered. Back when I had high hopes for Shattered I actually took the time to come up with a back story for Ifor. He is of the Toktrog Clan and is an explorer. He was hit in the head during a cave in of an area he was surveying and lost his memory. When those who rescued him asked him what his name was his response was "I...I...I forget." Those who rescued him, other drunken dwarves, started calling him Ifor as a result and it stuck.

Sam
06-16-2011, 06:09 PM
cool story bro

Glitch
06-16-2011, 09:12 PM
I would have supported Marlu if it was anything other than a killfest. I tried multiple times to RP "shattered style" with your cult and got nothing but blank stares and attacks. It was nothing more than a thinly veiled Sluntty.

In fact, I even tried to talk to you (Mordechai) multiple times about going for a more flavorful approach to your killings, but alas, you pissed off so many people that the whole thing had to be taken apart.

Anyway, that was a year ago.

HJFudge
06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I would have supported Marlu if it was anything other than a killfest. I tried multiple times to RP "shattered style" with your cult and got nothing but blank stares and attacks. It was nothing more than a thinly veiled Sluntty.

In fact, I even tried to talk to you (Mordechai) multiple times about going for a more flavorful approach to your killings, but alas, you pissed off so many people that the whole thing had to be taken apart.

Anyway, that was a year ago.

Every idea presented to me about "flavorful approach" was simply silly. Usually it involved wanting me to ask permission or give some speech before I hit the kill macro. Yeah, that would not have worked at all.

I DID try to add a more flavorful way to the killing, using the Extortion method (pay up or die).

The RP happened in between the killings, what little there was. Most folk simply didn't interact at all. The RP stopped when I realized that folk weren't keeping this IC at all, so it went OOC, as you can see by perusing this forum.

Our talks were never about flavorful killings. Every time I tried recruiting you, your concerns were twofold: One, we had that one person in our group no one liked (forget the name) and two, you wanted to play the game your way.

Which, as I said at the time, was fine.

It was an experiment, it didn't work. People wanted to afk script with no interaction, and thats what they've received.

Enjoy guys.

Fortybox
06-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Every idea presented to me about "flavorful approach" was simply silly. Usually it involved wanting me to ask permission or give some speech before I hit the kill macro. Yeah, that would not have worked at all.

I DID try to add a more flavorful way to the killing, using the Extortion method (pay up or die).

The RP happened in between the killings, what little there was. Most folk simply didn't interact at all. The RP stopped when I realized that folk weren't keeping this IC at all, so it went OOC, as you can see by perusing this forum.

Our talks were never about flavorful killings. Every time I tried recruiting you, your concerns were twofold: One, we had that one person in our group no one liked (forget the name) and two, you wanted to play the game your way.

It was an experiment, it didn't work. People wanted to afk script with no interaction, and thats what they've received.

Enjoy guys.

You keep saying people just wanted to afk script with no interaction. That isn't what has happened at all. People interact enough to keep me satisfied.

Keeping telling yourself something and you'll believe it. Truth is, Shattered has had plenty of great opportunities and events. People need to stop the QQing but overall Shattered is still great.

Nobody liked you here and that's why you don't play here anymore.

HJFudge
06-16-2011, 09:43 PM
You keep saying people just wanted to afk script with no interaction. That isn't what has happened at all. People interact enough to keep me satisfied.

Keeping telling yourself something and you'll believe it. Truth is, Shattered has had plenty of great opportunities and events. People need to stop the QQing but overall Shattered is still great.

How many players you guys got active again?

Like...10? Less?

Results speak much louder than words.

Bhaalizmo
06-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Hurrdurr. Herpa derp.

Fortybox
06-16-2011, 09:52 PM

Like...10? Less?

Results speak much louder than words.

Any game is going to have attrition. Gemstone prime used to have thousands play.

Like...100? Less?

SpiffyJr
06-16-2011, 10:00 PM

You're right - it was incredibly fun. Unfortunately the bullies (Marlu) couldn't take the ass beating and all jumped ship. It's always easy being on the winning side and talking a big game but when people pick back it takes a true man to stand his ground.

Drunken Durfin
06-16-2011, 11:06 PM

QFT

doughal
06-16-2011, 11:54 PM
I'll say this for Mord. Despite being killed repeatedly and extorted, at least he wasn't the dick about it that Sluntty was. He actually did interact with me, although yes, I did want to just afk script at the time (and mostly still do).

bigjerseydreamer
06-17-2011, 11:12 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1122579&postcount=212

who says Shattered doesn't have RP!

snarlingmaiden
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM

I was sad when ya left Mordie! You were like one of the only other Vaalor elves in Shattered.

Glitch
06-17-2011, 03:31 PM

Or, you know, doing something grandiose in public instead of hiding at a table all day. Most of the interaction I had with your crew was with the biggest assholes, who liked to antagonize everyone in a sanctuary. Probably would have helped if some slightly more rational and enjoyable people were present.

It was a decent start, but it was hardly well enforced. I know people who PAID who were killed more than me.

Most of them didn't interact because they were AFK. Killing someone who is AFK just pisses them off. That's the only goal it accomplishes. Sure you should expect some attrition, but the focus should have been active players.

You're mostly right. I tried to persuade you to distance yourself from the people who were the biggest player haters and the most OOC. I did suggested a few times that you try to wrap more flavor around the entire situation, but, yes, my bigger focus was to keep things civil and remove the people who were being detrimental to both sides.