PDA

View Full Version : a pale gray spidersilk haversack, holds around 150, 2 pounds.

Telfaahga
06-13-2011, 02:32 AM
a pale gray spidersilk haversack
(o/c, holds 150, 2 pounds, back worn)

[once, twice, sold, updated daily]

MB: 5 mil
CB: 11 mil to Arctal SOLD!

>exam haversack
The density of the spidersilk haversack's weave varies at regular intervals, running the gamut from the texture of heavy damask to an attenuated cloth resembling an orb weaver's web. A faintly oily sheen imbues each shimmering thread, producing a soft, shimmering iridescence at the places where the spidersilk is most thickly woven. A small black spider-shaped mark has been unobtrusively placed upon the haversack. At the center of the mark, the black ichor gives way to a reddish-brown bloodstain in the shape of an hourglass.

>touch haversack
You gently stroke a finger over the surface of your spidersilk haversack, and the fabric shimmers faintly beneath your touch.

>inspect haversack
You carefully inspect your spidersilk haversack.

You estimate that a pale gray spidersilk haversack can store a very large amount with enough space for any number of items.

You determine that you could wear the haversack on your back. The haversack appears to serve some purpose.

>analyze haversack
You analyze your spidersilk haversack and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.

You can tell that the haversack is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.

LORESONG:
As your song draws forth the resonances in the spidersilk haversack, everything around you seems to darken, and you smell faint smoke. The sound of far-off chanting reaches you, although the words are too muted to be understood.

The image of a fat black spider resting on its web wavers into view. A wrinkled hand approaches the spider from underneath, as if the spider will be scooped away and the web destroyed, but the hand pauses half an inch away. The spider skitters forward, then backward, then leaps down into the hand's blue-veined palm, and its black fangs sink into the ancient flesh.

Not even a twitch greets the spider's savage bite. If there is any response at all, it comes in the chanting, for the voice rises to an exultant crescendo as a second hand pulls the spider web away from its moorings and places it carefully into a vat of shimmering elixir. The first hand removes the spider to a new perch, and the spider skitters away across a surface of pitted onyx as the vision dissolves.
-----
Your song draws forth another vision, and your surroundings waver and drift away as dense layers of spider web appear around you. Busy arachnids flit about on all sides, but the center of the loresong's resonance is a massive ebony loom.

The loom's closely spaced ebony teeth are carved in the stylized forms of grasping spiders. Glimmering spidersilk threads stretch across the gap between the rows of loom teeth. To draw the weft through the warp, a ruby-inset shuttle flashes repeatedly back and forth among the threads, manipulated with deft care by a pair of wrinkled, long-fingered hands. The rhythmic clacking of the treadles mingles with the sound of your heartbeat as the weaver shifts the frames and works the reed. The tension and the closeness of the threads varies repeatedly, forming a pattern as intricate and as precise as a spider's perfectly woven web.

The vision unravels from your mind.
-----
As your song weaves the resonances of the spidersilk haversack together, everything fades from view except the haversack. When the loresong takes hold of you, a strange paralyzation overcomes your body, and you have no control over anything at all -- not even the song, which continues unabated as you stand frozen.

Two wrinkled hands come out of the grey nothingness, one holding a paintbrush and the other holding a small vial. You sense the toxin within the vial as the paintbrush dips within, and you remain involuntarily motionless as the tip of the paintbrush brushes over the spidersilk surface... once, twice... pauses... then passes over the shimmering fabric twice more, inscribing a stylized spider in the poisonous black ichor. The hands retreat from sight, and you are left immobile. Even the song has faded, trapping you in the vision.

Then, the wrinkled hands return. One is empty, and that hand repositions the cloth, but the other holds a gleaming lancet, and the blade bites into your hand. As the drop of scarlet wells forth, the blade turns the blood so that the drop strikes the cloth, where it sinks in, staining a bloody hourglass mark in the center of the painted venom spider.

In uttermost silence, the vision fades away, and the world returns to normal. Your hand is unwounded, and, rather than being freshly placed, the small spider-shaped mark fully penetrates its spot upon the spidersilk haversack.
-----
Unbidden, images and emotions flicker through your mind... you recall threads of old anger, grudges that never fully faded, goals never quite reached, desires left unfulfilled, envy quashed instead of expressed, and a deep, powerful yearning, the undercurrent to every other emotion, which tastes like temptation. Brighter and richer than the finest ruby, a scarlet hourglass shines on the arachnid's back. You sense unfathomed potential within yourself that waits only the proper moment to be unlocked, if you are just willing to act -- if you will do what it takes, whatever it may take....

The enchanted resonances of the spidersilk haversack overwhelm you in the depths of your own emotion, and your voice fails, breaking the spell. With the verse broken, the magically imposed emotion ebbs away from your soul, and you become aware of yourself again. Your eyes are closed, but you still feel pressure in your hand...

Opening your eyes, you find that there is nothing in your palm except the spidersilk haversack, which lies still and inert.

Asha
06-13-2011, 03:06 AM
What happened at the end of that loresong!!?
I was enjoying that.

droit
06-13-2011, 03:24 AM
5m

Wyrmx
06-13-2011, 08:43 AM
6M

Inspire
06-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Fill it with light leathers. They weigh 10 pounds each.

Telfaahga
06-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Fill it with light leathers. They weigh 10 pounds each.

>l in haversack
>
In the spidersilk haversack:
armor (15): some light leather (15).

Winter's Kiss
06-13-2011, 10:28 PM
That's part of an entire set of clothing and container items that were for Arachne. An old friend of mine had a lot of the set. We found most of it in boxes or on critters. They're pretty spiff.

Telfaahga
06-14-2011, 12:25 AM
That's part of an entire set of clothing and container items that were for Arachne. An old friend of mine had a lot of the set. We found most of it in boxes or on critters. They're pretty spiff.

yeah and more info here - http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=63238

I did a search and the only other spidersilk haversack I could find any info on had translucent I believe in the description and had the same show, zest, and loresong but it only held 80 pounds and it weighed 8 pounds so a TON of work was done on this one.

I had this one for 2 years now I think and it was not being used and I never checked it out in detail until I just started up playing again and realized I had 7 boxes in it and it wasn't full yet.

Arctal
06-14-2011, 07:39 AM
8m on this please

Telfaahga
06-15-2011, 03:41 AM
BUMP, will sell Wednesday night if no further bids.

Wyrmx
06-15-2011, 08:26 AM
9M

Arctal
06-15-2011, 08:40 AM
11m please

Telfaahga
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
BUMP, will sell Thursday night if no further bids.