PDA

View Full Version : Bandit Tasks?

JustDan
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
My empath is currently 67, and can absolutely plow through bounty tasks, but I've been too chicken to try a bandit task. I've been annihilated by them too often, and I don't want to leave my bandits out there to ambush hapless passersby... Is there a way to do bandit tasks safely as an empath? What sort of strategy do you employ, or do you just turn those back in and wait for something easier?

Bolting empath, primarily, with 1106 post-wrack as my fallback.

Vimp
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
take some muscle with you, pretty much the same for all pures - if ambushed and put into RT you're dead solo. Guarantee one set of the bandits will do this to you at some point along the task.

audioserf
06-10-2011, 09:59 AM
You can mitigate most of the issues of bandit tasks with Haste imbeds (run it constantly while on the task) and EWave imbeds (because Empaths lack crowd control). My level 60 wizard wrecks bandits and has for a long time. He has 0 CM training.

Gweneivia
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
empath crowd control for non-undead=1120 (will also force from hiding sometimes). Also, it's a lot of mana but trying to keep 140 up will help a lot...even if they force your stance and you're stunned that +100 DS means they're probably not going to kill you. Keeping 1125 up helps too to shake off some stuns and keep your hps up while you lay there waiting for the rt to wear off.

Lord Orbstar
06-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Love that profile pic Gwen. To add...Ruby amulet or just having a wizard spell u up will. Help too. U will still die solo sometimes tho. I prefer group hunts on those.