PDA

View Full Version : Keith Primeau

Pulpit
05-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Here is a nice story about Keith . It is an old story now but a little back ground on how I came across this is .I was a Car Insurance agent a few years back with
a company named AIG and I spoke with this girls Mother and she emailed me this
story about her daughter ..I thought about this since the Flyers are playing right now hope you all enjoy it

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,2915745,00.html

Galleazzo
05-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Primeau is a fucking whiny tool who screwed the Whalers over big time. I got no respect for him.

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Galleazzo, this is for you: :violin:

Personally I think he is a great addition to the Flyers team. Another great story of the team is Donald Brashear. His mother placed him in foster care when he was young so he now speands alot of his time with Orphans and children in general, visiting hospitals and taking the kids places and just speanding time with them. I know many players do things like this, but he goes beyond what the team asks him to do. Its nice to see that he can play the Flyers 'hitman' on the ice and then off the ice he can be a soft gentle human being like anyone else.

TheEschaton
05-16-2004, 01:13 AM
The Flyers are a bunch of fucking pansies.

Fin.

-TheE-

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Wait, where are your teams?

Fin.

TheEschaton
05-16-2004, 01:21 AM
The Sabres. Eric Lindros and his pansy ass teammates used to allows whine and moan and bitch about us "playing cheap"....which is another way of saying "I'm a giant, wet vagina, and I can't play hockey unless no one touches me."

-TheE-

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 01:28 AM
The Sabres

I know WHO they are. I asked WHERE they are, because last I checked they hadnt made it this far into the season. Also last I checked Eric Lindros was playing for the NY Rangers, not the flyers. I don't blame you for living in the past though, after all, the Sabres were nothing to brag about this year.

For the record, the Philly fans hated Lindros more than other fans. We were happy to see him leave. He was a pussy.

Siefer
05-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Who gives a shit about Philly, this is Tampa's year.

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Whoever wins the Philly/Tampa series will end up winning the cup. The East is a good bit stronger than the West this year. Enough that this is basically the series for the cup. Anahiem is too young and San Jose doesnt have the physical presence nor the ability to find the back of the net against better teams. San Jose was seeded well because they were in a very week conference. They got as far as they did because they have played well in the second half of the season against weaker teams.

TheEschaton
05-16-2004, 01:37 AM
Anaheim isn't in the West finals. It's Calgary.

Anyways, I'm glad to see the East strong again. Though I am a little perturbed that the Cup might be fought for between Tampa Bay and San Jose.

-TheE-

Siefer
05-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Elrodin is right. I couldn't give 2 shits about any team in the playoffs right now, but I still think Tampa will pull it out. Andreychuk will cut and run and end his career like Borque did a few years back, then St. Louis will take up the C. The NHL needs an exciting team like Tampa to win the cup since I'm the only person left in the world who has the patience to appreciate the Devil's defensive style of play.

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Damn, i blame the mistake on the time(1:41 am) and getting from from a 9 hour workday at midnight... Im a little tired. I agree, it is good to see the East strong again, but I am not so sure about which team will win the East. To be completely honest either one could pull it off. I think that the Flyers REALLY need to win to pull Philly out of its Semi-Final slump. The past what, 3 years the eagles have made it the step before the super bowl and not been able to pull it off. Its time for a Philly team to bring back a trophy, I want a damn parade!

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate the Devils style of play. I am a defensemen in nearly every sport I play(Lacrosse, roller hockey, soccer...). I appreciate a good defense. My motto tends to stick with "the best offense is a good defense". BUT I HATE THE DEVILS! sorry, the Philly inside me got out.

Just wondering though, why would Tampa make it exciting? They were number 1 all year, they played a solid game all year. There would be no real surprise if they won it.

Siefer
05-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Because nobody gives a shit about hockey anymore. Everytime I hear about hockey on ESPN it's either how the Devils have ruined the sport or bitching and complaining that the sport is losing money and is going under. Powerhouse teams like Detroit need to move over and a young team like Tampa has to get the ball rolling again and bring some interest back into the sport.

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 02:01 AM
Dunno, something about a team from florida winning a major event in a cold weather sport bothers me. Id rather see calgary or San Jose win. But that wont happen so go flyers!

The Korean
05-16-2004, 02:18 AM
W00t! go flyers!

Scott
05-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Hockey is a dying sport, I just don't get it though. It's such an entertaining sport. I can't imagine spring without playoff hockey. Hits, fights, scoring, etc. I look forward to it just as much as the start of Football. Flyers with the Stanley Cup, Eagles with the super bowl.....

TheEschaton
05-16-2004, 09:02 AM
I don't see a reason why Tampa Bay or San Jose should win the Cup. Maybe that's just the cold-weather-is-necessary-for-hockey in me.

-TheE-

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 11:14 AM
So we all agree then, the flyers deserve it... :yes: (bout time the other flyers fans showed up)

TheEschaton
05-16-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm rooting for Calgary. But that's because I'm a Buffalonian, which means I'm almost Canadian.

-TheE-

Zanagodly
05-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Um the Devils won championships getting away with things that were once more often called as penalties. They grab and drag down skaters all the time and get away with it. When a guy gets a 100 points in a season nowadays its a very very great effort and mainly only the elite players reach that level. 20 years ago you were just a typical all star forward if you had numbers like that. The refs are calling it the same for all teams so the Devils wins weren't cheap etc, but high octane offenses are slowed and the interest in hockey is diminished. Every team is looking for big defensemen who can just grab and knock guys off the puck by any means necessary, it sucks.

[Edited on 17-May-2004 by Zanagodly]

Siefer
05-16-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm not bashing the Devils in any way, I'm not bashing any team, but all I hear from ESPN, TSN, fans etc etc, is how the trap style of play has ruined hockey. And for the record, Barry Melrose is a fucking idiot. Biggest hypocrite in sports broadcasting today.

Anebriated
05-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Uh, the physical style of play is why the flyers beat the maple leafs. The leafs were a much quicker and high scoring team but over time the flyers wore them down with heavy checking and just rough play. Put a few in the back of the net and the leafs couldnt keep up. The Devils style of play is still active with a few teams, the flyers being one(not quite to the full extent though).

Lord Deprav
05-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin
Galleazzo, this is for you: :violin:

Personally I think he is a great addition to the Flyers team. Another great story of the team is Donald Brashear. His mother placed him in foster care when he was young so he now speands alot of his time with Orphans and children in general, visiting hospitals and taking the kids places and just speanding time with them. I know many players do things like this, but he goes beyond what the team asks him to do. Its nice to see that he can play the Flyers 'hitman' on the ice and then off the ice he can be a soft gentle human being like anyone else.

Donald also plays the piano. I don't like him on the ice, but he is quite a human off.

Thanks for that story on Primeau. Being a long time Wings fan, I remember when the lights went out and that happened. I heard about yzerman and him saying those great things about that little girl. I had no clue those incidents were similar. Thanks again

Deprav

Xcalibur
05-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Saw Donald Brashear at a bar (dagobert). I'm tall and big, he's taller and bigger.. heh

Galleazzo
05-17-2004, 04:40 AM
I like good tight defensive play -- I started watching hockey in the Sixties -- but this is frigging ridiculous now. When was scoring this low, the 1920s? Open the game up a bit, kiss the red line buh-bye.

TheEschaton
05-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I agree, the red line's gotta go. That being said, there's some beauty to a defenseman playing well.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
05-17-2004, 01:47 PM
They should get rid of offsides and the no two line passes rule. Me and a few guys (who admittedly weren't much for hockey, and weren't on ice at the time) had some fun with those rules.

TheEschaton
05-17-2004, 02:04 PM
That's like NHLPA 93 for the Genesis, won't work. Offsides has to be there, or you'd have goal hangers. Which is stupid.

And getting rid of the red line would solve the two line passing thing, Latrin...because if it passed two lines, it would be offsides anyways (blue line to blue line).

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
05-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Offsides has to be there, or you'd have goal hangers. Which is stupid.No more stupid than whatever country it is that always leaves a defender back. It's not like I'm some hockey aficionado, but as a fan I figure it would liven up the game some.

Lord Deprav
05-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
That's like NHLPA 93 for the Genesis, won't work. Offsides has to be there, or you'd have goal hangers. Which is stupid.

And getting rid of the red line would solve the two line passing thing, Latrin...because if it passed two lines, it would be offsides anyways (blue line to blue line).

-TheE-

NHLPA 93 greatest game in the world!!!!

Can't eliminate Red Line. But can kill 2 line passing. Scoring would be up a ton. Also enforce the crease rule. Goalies leave the crease, fair game or they get a 2 minute penalty for leaving the crease.

Deprav

TheEschaton
05-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Who's your team?

Mine is the Rangers, Turcotte LW, Messier at Center, and Gartner at RW.

On the backline, who else? James Patrick (how excited was I when the Sabres picked HIM up?!?!?!?) and Brian Leetch.

In the nets, Mike Richter, of course.

-TheE-

longshot
05-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Aren't you from Buffalo?

Galleazzo
05-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Har, Keith was Vinnie D's bitch in the faceoff circle tonight.

TheEschaton
05-19-2004, 08:42 AM
I am from Buffalo, but for some reason, the Rangers were always my team. Don't get me wrong, Buffalo had good players....but we had, like, Clint Malarchuk as goaltender.

And Keith Primeau was JUKEd by Davey Andrychuk on that last face off last night.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
05-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Wow, did you see the game tonight? Holy shit.

Primeau, kicking the game tying goal to himself through the crease? Amazing.

-TheE-

Hulkein
05-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Best hockey game I've ever seen.

Amazing.

Anebriated
05-20-2004, 11:51 PM
It was definately an amazing game, I tried to stop watching midway through the 3rd because I figured the Flyers had lost but i couldn't bring myself to leave. Glad I didnt, wish I had taken my friend up on the extra ticket he had. Game 7 should be one to remember...

Scott
05-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Was a great game..... Now if only Esche could play like Pelle Lindberg, this would be easy.

TheEschaton
05-21-2004, 09:44 AM
I have to say, Philly vs. Calgary would bring back hockey to OLD SKOOL times.

-TheE-

Parkbandit
05-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Sorry... Lightning GAVE that game away. They won't make the same mistake in the Palace.

Lightning vs Calgary.

Lightning in 5

TheEschaton
05-21-2004, 09:53 AM
I frickin' refuse to accept Tampa Bay even possibly winning the Cup.

It was bad enough in the late 90s when the first southern team, Florida, won the Cup. Then, the NORTHSTARS went to DALLAS and became the Stars, and won a Cup (against the Sabres on a NO-GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and my world was shattered.

-TheE-

Parkbandit
05-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Wow.. not only do I want the Lightning to win the cup.. but now it will shatter The E's world?

Two word for you...

GO LIGHTNING!!!