PDA

View Full Version : Official: Solomon Asks for Help Testing New Forums

Fallen
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
New Forum Testing - Phase Two · on 5/26/2011 2:31:53 PM

The first "test" of the forums uncovered some problems and we think they're in much better shape now.

We're going to leave the old Forums up for the next few days, but we really need people to go over and help load-test the new Forums in preparation for the switchover, which we expect to happen next week. It will be better for everyone if we have as many people as possible using the new Forums so that we can make them as stable and speedy and friendly as possible.

The link for the new Forums is: http://simutronics-forums.heroku.com/

(Note: Posts on the new Forums won't show up on the old Forums (and vice versa), but when we move to the new Forums, all the posts from the old Forums will be copied over.)

It was really..really buggy when I played with it. Still, i'll likely get it a try.

TheEschaton
05-26-2011, 04:14 PM
I love how Simu counts on its players to bug test its own products. It's pretty amusing.

Drakefang
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM
What's even more amusing is how bad the new boards function. Maybe there are more ways to lock out players or pull posts, but there wasn't much done to help a player out. They should bag the entire project as a wasted effort.

Fallen
05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
I doubt I will be able to access the officials from work anymore once this goes live as well. Ah well, I will be marginally more productive.

SpiffyJr
05-27-2011, 08:48 AM
They still look the same to me.

EDIT: Oh, nope, there's a forum users online thing. REVOLUTIONARY!