PDA

View Full Version : Wand Waving

vamosj
05-22-2011, 07:46 PM
We can incant and hit the next live target...

Why can't we have a wand waving verb that can do the same?

This would help a TON in warcamps.

yesicj
05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
It doesn't do anything to fix the underlying problem, but if you set a macro for WAVE WAND AT TARGET, it'll see you through your difficulties. I agree, though, that it would be nice for that to happen automatically. Also, if you drop dead non-disintegrating wands, or if there are some fresh ones you haven't picked up yet, going with MY WAND should cover all your bases.

Rimalon
05-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Doesn't WAVE LEFT work?

yesicj
05-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Probably (I can't really think of a reason why it wouldn't, actually), but I wasn't sure if the poster did shields or runestaves, so I went with the more generic one.

vamosj
05-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I use a runestaff..

yesicj
05-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Then WAVE (MY) WAND AT TARGET is your friend. I have mine with \n at the end and use it as F1 in Avalon, but I can't remember if Wizard still uses \r for the instant entry thing.

vamosj
05-23-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll give that a shot and see how the outcome is.. .If you see "Tempester bites the dust" then please come get me.

One quick question, will you have to determine the target in advance prior to this?

vamosj
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Still won't auto target the critter.. Even after I state "Target Ogre" for instance I still would have to put "wave my wand at ogre" for it to work.. And if there's more in a room and it's already dead, then it impedes things further.

Jarvan
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
There is a fairly simple solution to your problem.

Search the dead ogre.

Danical
05-23-2011, 04:23 PM
There is a fairly simple solution to your problem.

Search the dead ogre.

^

Danical
05-23-2011, 04:27 PM
It's been too long since I've done Ruby + Lich but you could try finding the array of living targets.

GameObj.npcs.each { |mob|
if mob.status != "dead"
put "wave my wand at ##{mob.id}"
end
}

vamosj
05-23-2011, 06:13 PM
There is a fairly simple solution to your problem.Search the dead ogre.

Things can die quick in a warcamp with 2 or 3 other individuals in there hunting. While they are able to blast away without regards to "dead" things it ends up leaving me somewhat useless as I would just be searching whatever gets killed just to find out when I get done searching, my next target would be dead. Hence why I'm griping about this mechanic. I'm currently working on a script to get around this but having difficulty with it also (see misc. scripts "Warcamp Wizard")

It's been too long since I've done Ruby + Lich but you could try finding the array of living targets.

I've taken a look into Ruby and it will take me a little bit to get that language down. I was hoping to make a SF script to acomplish this task. I guess if it comes down to it I'll have to learn ruby just to pick this up.

Danical
05-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Did you read my above post?

m444w
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Epic

Danical
05-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Keep in mind the code above will wave at every creature in the room that doesn't have a status of dead, so you'll get a lot of trying to wave a wand after having waved it at the first non-dead creature in the array. You can just save the first true conditional and put the waving after the array loop.

vamosj
05-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Doesn't WAVE LEFT work?

Well Rimalon, finally got around to trying your suggestion (Just saw it actually) and looks like this fixes the issue.

Simple and sweet, thanks for that command>

vamosj
05-24-2011, 12:53 AM
"WAVE LEFT" for the win.... Works wonders.

:thanx:

Rimalon
05-24-2011, 12:58 AM
I am, indeed, the fucking man.