PDA

View Full Version : Great memories of some great people

Kulbaen
05-20-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure how many "old OLD schoolers" are out there, but I realized the other day that 20 years ago I was immersed in Elanthia. Good times, great memories. The old logs and long outdated research I still stumble across on my computer make me remember that I literally grew up on Gemstone.

Hope you guys are all well, and its great to see some familiar names!

Best Regards,
Derek, aka Kulbaen (and the others)

P.S. I'd love to see if anyone else has any of the OLD logs collecting dust as well... as long as it don't involve no ebonfaerie shenanigans!

diethx
05-20-2011, 05:01 PM
My fiance <3

Warriorbird
05-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Geijon's collecting tales right now and I've seen Celtar post lately.

Ardwen
05-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Just goes to show we had no life, and some of us still have no lives hah

Jhynnifer
05-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I think I still have some 96-97 Bardfest logs on an old hard drive somewhere I could probably pull up... and I still have Ylena's Vegascon CD somewhere.

kookiegod
05-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Heya Kulbaen...

Paul/Avantos/some other guy checking in. :)

crb
05-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi Kulbaen. I (Viril) enjoyed our time together (along with Malok) as the (practically only) 3 non elf sorcerers.

audioserf
05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey, don't forget Plethe the Dwarf! Brute's going to come in here and yell at you now, V.

audioserf
05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Also, Derek/Kulbaen: I'm the original player of Bigmond and definitely remember you from back in the day. Good to see your name again. :)

bigjerseydreamer
05-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi Kulbaen. I (Viril) enjoyed our time together (along with Malok) as the (practically only) 3 non elf sorcerers.

loved Malok and he encouraged me to stray from the normal race selection / training path for my sorc in 1998. was an awesome choice not only for RP but for mechanics. a great guy.

Just goes to show we had no life, and some of us still have no lives hah

I think it shows how valuable this unique gaming experience really is.

Zylianara
05-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Though I don't really consider myself and old OLD schooler, chiming in to say HI and your Sorcerous ways have been missed.

Zylianara, ye ole Roguess

vamosj
05-31-2011, 01:45 AM
I used to have a couple of good friends when I first started playing. An empath by the name of Wisteria and a Sorcerer named Xynk.

Out of all the things I remember with all the helpful things they did, the item that stands out most to me is when Wisteria was helping me hunt Hill Trolls. Aparently she was taking some medication so was slightly out of it. She went to stun the hill troll and instead ended up blowing off one of my arms, then sat there for 3 minutes trying to figure out why I wasn't attacking.. Thank god she was an empath.

Kulbaen
06-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Awesome to see some familiar names! (You know I've always loved yours Zylianara, I probably told you like 20 times LOL!)

Yeah, I remember us always being under scrutiny for not being pointy-eared, but we just kept on doin our thing proven'm wrong. I can truly say that I miss a lot of the times in the game, but that it seems like a completely different game now every time I try to relive it, so I'm happy with reminiscing.

Is there a place where people share old stuff? I remember Jypsie had a great site for that and I had a bit on my site when I was running it. I'm just glad that some people still remember me and I had a lil bit of an impact on such a great community.

Part of my problem these days is I got to know everyone in the game that I spent time with I can remember their real names but many times can't remember their character names. lol! Seeing the good ole names, even if they weren't in my circle of friends reminds me of how close knit we all were. I'm also glad that everyone remembers me as Kulbaen, heh.

Good stuff, good times.

--- D

P.S. Thanks for bringin me back to these forums, Stef! You know there will always be a special place in my heart for you. =P

Neildo
06-10-2011, 07:56 PM
P.S. I'd love to see if anyone else has any of the OLD logs collecting dust as well... as long as it don't involve no ebonfaerie shenanigans!

If there's something you wanna see and I was there, I can try and find some logs of it. I have literally everything logged from like '97 to whenever that reallocation crap happened.

Ebonfaerie shenanigans, hehehoho, I think everyone in this thread is guilty.

COOL BEANERS!!

- /\/

diethx
06-11-2011, 01:24 PM
P.S. Thanks for bringin me back to these forums, Stef! You know there will always be a special place in my heart for you. =P

:heart: :heart: :heart:

If there's something you wanna see and I was there, I can try and find some logs of it. I have literally everything logged from like '97 to whenever that reallocation crap happened.

Ebonfaerie shenanigans, hehehoho, I think everyone in this thread is guilty.

COOL BEANERS!!

- /\/

Are you who I think you are? If so, hi.

Neildo
06-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Sup playa? ;)

- /\/

Sihaya
06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Just a quick note to say hi. I remember you lent me much needed silvers more than once! Good to "see" you again. Si

Lord Orbstar
07-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Everyone comes back eventually even if to just. say hi!

AnticorRifling
07-06-2011, 09:58 AM

That period after just skip my brain to causes.

Cephalopod
07-06-2011, 10:23 AM

That period after just skip my brain to causes.

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/1000/1148_1253230725640.jpg

Drunken Durfin
07-13-2011, 11:23 PM
fuck memories.

awol0509
07-14-2011, 11:57 AM
^ hah. That made me LOL at work..
dammit.

Kulbaen
07-29-2011, 07:03 PM
fuck memories.
I have those too... err wait thats not necessarily what you meant.

Me
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Saying Hi too! I remember you i am pretty sure you blew my arms off! Fun times.

But yeah going back just isn't the same. We all had to grow up sometime didn't we? Maybe?

Zantie, ranger

Shimeria
08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I used to have a couple of good friends when I first started playing. An empath by the name of Wisteria and a Sorcerer named Xynk.

Out of all the things I remember with all the helpful things they did, the item that stands out most to me is when Wisteria was helping me hunt Hill Trolls. Aparently she was taking some medication so was slightly out of it. She went to stun the hill troll and instead ended up blowing off one of my arms, then sat there for 3 minutes trying to figure out why I wasn't attacking.. Thank god she was an empath.

Funny story about Wisteria, she was a great lady and always helping folks out. Haven't seen her around since her daughter had a baby.

shad0ws0ngs
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Funny story about Wisteria, she was a great lady and always helping folks out. Haven't seen her around since her daughter had a baby.

I do miss Wisty-poo. I know she had a lot of trouble playing and was pretty down near the last few times I talked to her. I regret that I did not spend more time helping her.

Malok
09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
loved Malok and he encouraged me to stray from the normal race selection / training path for my sorc in 1998. was an awesome choice not only for RP but for mechanics. a great guy.

Appreciate the kind words.

What was your characters name that I spoke to?

Did I ever speak to you on AOL AIM? If so, you are probably still friended. :)

audioserf
09-29-2011, 01:07 PM
That guy's banned now but his sorceror was Jaeden (a Human, I believe).

Anthony
10-11-2011, 07:04 AM
My fiance <3

Nice pictures:love: