PDA

View Full Version : my vote

xtc
11-01-2004, 11:51 AM
With less than a day to go I still haven't faxed back my Absentee ballot. Why? I am not sure who to vote for. Has everyone here decided who to vote for or are there others like me?

DeV
11-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Very much decided. What state would be receiving your vote?

Warriorbird
11-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Already voted. The early voting things are nice if you have time off of work, no matter your party affiliation.

Parkbandit
11-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by xtc
With less than a day to go I still haven't faxed back my Absentee ballot. Why? I am not sure who to vote for. Has everyone here decided who to vote for or are there others like me?

You can't be serious, Bush can you? How can you Bush not have made your Bush decision yet? There are Bush many difference between the Bush two candidates on most issues Bush. I simply cannot Bush understand why someone Bush wouldn't have already made a decision either way Bush by now. Throw out the Bush bullshit politics, mudslinging, Bush and retoric and become Bush informed on their Bush stances. I don't care Bush who you vote for Bush as long as you vote. Bush It's your right and Bush duty.

See.. I can be Bush non-partisan!

GSLeloo
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
:lol:

xtc
11-01-2004, 01:04 PM
PB I am seriously considering Bush

Warriorbird
11-01-2004, 07:49 PM
No, really! That's like O'Reilly seriously considering Bush.

:chuckles:

Hulkein
11-01-2004, 07:52 PM
xtc really hasn't been pro-Bush at all.

I've seen him slam Bush as much if not more often than Kerry, especially a few weeks ago.

Warriorbird
11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
He should vote Badnarik.

Toxicvixen
11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Gee after reading what PB wrote I have this strong Urge to vote for Bush... I wonder why that happened? :grin:

Hulkein
11-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
He should vote Badnarik.

And Backlash should vote Nader or Green Party.

This is an election of two parties.

Warriorbird
11-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Regretably. Some ineffectual European style coalitions might be a breath of fresh air.

xtc
11-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
No, really! That's like O'Reilly seriously considering Bush.

:chuckles:

I think Bush is a dumb ass and that Iraq was a mistake and is a cluster fuck. There never were WMD. I think Bush doesn't have the slightest comprehension of the intricacies of the middle east. He is a born again Christian which scares the bejesus out of me. Good lord I don't like the man. I think he is a racist, he referred to Pakistan as those Paki's. I think parts of the Patriot Act is a unmitigated act of human supression. Fuck I hate Bush.

My problem is this. I am a very strong supporter of the Pro Life position. I believe with all my heart that as I society we have the obligation to protect its weakest and most vunerable members. It sickens me to think that we have to protect innocent children from their own mothers. In the animal kingdom most mothers will lay down their life to protect their children but as humans we want a law that allows a mother to suck it's child out of her womb like refuse.

Last week when Judge Renquist got ill I had to do some real soul searching. Do I want John Kerry picking pro-abortion Judges over the next 4-8 years? For me abortion is murder plain and simple. As such I believe that America's abortion law has killed more innocent people than the 20 million plus people Stalin killed. The 6 million Jews of the Holocaust. All the soldiers in WW1.

So for me it isn't a simple decision. So I have to balance it. I only have a few more hours to choose. My ballot is due to be faxed tomorrow and I have to mail it as well.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by xtc]

Ilvane
11-02-2004, 02:38 AM
xtc if it makes you feel better, Kerry believes that life begins at conception..and he is catholic. He just doesn't believe in legislating a woman's right to choose anymore than it already has been.

Now, if you were worried about partial birth abortion, the only reason he voted against the ban was because it didn't include an exception for the life of the mother.

:grin: Just trying to be helpful.;)

-A

CrystalTears
11-02-2004, 09:15 AM
You're just going to have to give me a reason or scenario for partial birth to be necessary.

I also can't see how someone can say that they believe that life begins at conception and in the same breath say that it's the woman's right to take that life away.

Yeah, I'm a broken record about this, sorry.

Hulkein
11-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Basically Kerry has the worst possible stance.

He believes the fetus is life yet he is in favor of most abortion laws.