PDA

View Full Version : Brawling weapons

HappyGnome
05-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm debating on training my Paladin in brawling weapons and would like to find some that I can cast Guiding Light on.

Preferably 4x.

THanks!

crb
05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
helsfeld has some eonake he might sell you, which you could then hire a forger, such as myself, to forge into fist-scythes or whatever.

Back
05-10-2011, 10:33 PM
If you go that route think about Voln. The thing about brawling is what to do with the empty hand.

Boora
05-10-2011, 11:40 PM
If you are going 4x, why not go with fusion brawling weapons? are they able to be bonded to? I don't know anything about what weapons are bondable and which aren't.

You could effectively make your 4x fusion weapons into 6x pretty easily with orbs if they are bondable.

Boora
05-10-2011, 11:59 PM
After some asking around, you could go brawling and TWC and bond to one, then get an eonake brawling weapon and use paladin flares on that one.

But can't bond to two weapons.

One option would be as mentioned above: a fusion brawling weapon to bond with that could give you a +10 to your AS very easily for both hands, so effectively 6x in both hands. And an eonake brawling weapon to use for flaring.

Another option would be to use splitting katars (not sure if there is a strictly brawling splitting weapon...). Then you could bond to both sides.

hmm, that's all I got for now.

crb
05-11-2011, 02:51 PM
yup, the sole functional use of eonake now is either for sub level 25 paladins, or twc paladins, and the rare mutant cleric.

Drew
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Another option would be to use splitting katars (not sure if there is a strictly brawling splitting weapon...). Then you could bond to both sides.

A splitting sai was released.

m444w
05-11-2011, 07:29 PM
A splitting sai was released.

Katars require OHE and brawling for AS.

Sai is currently on its way to 7x and isn't moving.

No Gnomes Is Good News
05-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Katars require OHE and brawling for AS.

Sai is currently on its way to 7x and isn't moving.

Glad to see I was never the only one who thought sais' were amazing weapons, especially for poking out eyeballs.

HappyGnome
05-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I've got a monk's tiger claw that (I think) is 4x and sancted, and I believe accepts guiding light.

What's the deal with fusion weapons? Or splitting ones for that matter? I'm just getting back into GS4 from a pretty long break and haven't heard of either of those two items (until recently, that is).

I wasn't even aware that paladins could bond to a weapon...

Blackmagic
05-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I can forge perfects or superiors and I have the sai glyph

Fallen
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
What's the deal with fusion weapons? Or splitting ones for that matter? I'm just getting back into GS4 from a pretty long break and haven't heard of either of those two items (until recently, that is).

Fusion weapons can hold either 1 or 2 orbs, depending on the kind, which are made via an automated process available during the past few festivals, from existing enhancive items that are destroyed in the process. These transfer 1 enhancive property to the orb, which can then be set into the weapon or armor.

Splitting weapons are brand new and have only been released via Droughtman wins. They split into two identical weapons with the same properties. They can be enchanted etc by players. A lesser form of them is said to be released at upcoming festivals off the shelf which when the weapons split, one will have half the properties of the other.

Boora
05-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I wasn't aware of any fusion weapons/armors that were released that could only hold one fusion orb. Off the shelf, they can all hold two. Also, there have been some auctioned and released from Droughtman's that have 3 or 4 fusion orb slots.

If there are any fusion weapons/armors that hold only one, they're very rare.

Fallen
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I wasn't aware of any fusion weapons/armors that were released that could only hold one fusion orb. Off the shelf, they can all hold two. Also, there have been some auctioned and released from Droughtman's that have 3 or 4 fusion orb slots.

If there are any fusion weapons/armors that hold only one, they're very rare.

Ah. I thought I had heard of some off the shelf for cheaper that could only hold one. As far as I know, there is only 1 weapon with 4 slots, though several weapons and armors with 3 from Droughtmans.