PDA

View Full Version : Teras Invasion

Omens
05-12-2004, 05:16 AM
A black-robed battle mage just arrived.
>get scro
You remove a dark scroll from in your warlock's cloak.
>
The voice of Mekthros says, "Lovely."
>
Great Lord Menos just went north.
>wear shi
You sling a large mithril-studded vultite shield over your shoulder.
>grin
You grin.
>invoke 503
1d100: 71 + Modifiers: 255 == 326

You raise the dark scroll and gesture to invoke the spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the dark scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>
Violent flames begin to whip and spit about the area as a fire mage strides into view!
>cast
You gesture.
Glowing specks of light red energy begin to spin around you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>invoke 513
1d100: 44 + Modifiers: 155 == 199

You raise the dark scroll and gesture to invoke the spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the dark scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>cast
You gesture.
You bristle with energy.
>
A fire mage leaves a trail of fire in the air while gesturing at you!
A swirling whirlwind drifts into the area, moving slowly towards you.
>put scro in my clo
>
You put a dark scroll in your warlock's cloak.
>
A black-robed battle mage gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
>rem shi
You sling a large mithril-studded vultite shield off from over your shoulder.
l
>[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see a swirling whirlwind, a fire mage, a black-robed battle mage, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
>
A fire mage utters an arcane phrase as flames lick her lips.
stance offensive
>You are now in an offensive stance.
>prep 719
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Dark Catalyst...
Your spell is ready.
>
A swirling whirlwind grows more violent, the sounds of its winds rising to deafening heights as they swirl around you.
>cast at mage
You gesture at a fire mage.
CS: +321 - TD: +298 + CvA: +25 + d100: +83 == +131
Warding failed!
... and hits for 11 points of damage!
A fire mage is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
The fire mage absorbs the heat.
... 35 points of damage!
Polar blast decimates the fire mage's left hand!
The fire mage screams in agony and falls to the ground, clutching at her mangled left hand!
... 1 point of damage!
Hair stands on end. Neat effect.
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to chest!
You feel 2 mana surge into you!
>
A black-robed battle mage gestures at you.
CS: +411 - TD: +303 + CvA: +14 + d100: +12 - -5 == +139
Warding failed!
Your mind goes completely blank.
>

A blazing swash of flame trails a fire mage's fingertips as she waves her hand back and forth in a serpentine pattern.

>prep 719
That is impossible to do while unconscious!
>cast at mage
>
A violent whirlwind continues swirling around you and picks up more sand. Before long it becomes a raging sandstorm.
>whe
>l
A fire mage burns brightly as she rises to her feet.
>
>stand
>
Your thoughts slowly come back to you as you find yourself lying on the ground. You must have been sleeping.
A raging sandstorm swirls around you, and you are assaulted by sand and bits of debris...
... 50 points of damage!
Hard strike removes the right eye and a goodly bit of skull!
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
You no longer bristle with energy.
The powerful look leaves you.
The air calms down around you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The white light leaves you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
You feel less confident than before.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The layer of protection fades away.
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
You feel the extra courage wane.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
>

A quick gesture from a fire mage produces a fine, blackened pouch. With a wave of her hand over your corpse, the fire mage scorches your hand! Reaching down, the fire mage pries loose a few of your fingernails, catching them in her pouch. With a pleased look on her face, the fire mage attaches the pouch to her belt.

>
A black-robed battle mage just went north.
>
* Omens just bit the dust!
>
Suddenly the last wisps of a raging sandstorm rise into the air, still swirling, and then disappear.
>
Great Lord Menos just arrived.
>
[Roll result: 170 (open d100: 93)]
Menos feints high, the fire mage buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
>
[Roll result: 107 (open d100: 30)]
Menos feints to the right, the fire mage buys the ruse and moves to block the blow that never came!
>
[Roll result: 112 (open d100: 35)]
Menos feints to the right, the fire mage buys the ruse and moves to block the blow that never came!
>
[Roll result: 157 (open d100: 80)]
Menos feints to the left, the fire mage buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
>l
[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see the Menos disk, a fire mage, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
Also here: Great Lord Menos
>
Menos thrusts with a leaf-bladed crimson vultite pike at a fire mage!
AS: +307 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +85 = +140
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
>
* Graiy just bit the dust!
>
[Roll result: 153 (open d100: 76)]
Menos feints low, the fire mage buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
>
>
Great Lord Menos just went south.
>
A black-robed battle mage gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
>
A black-robed battle mage just went south.
>
A fire mage sits down and begins to apply some crude first aid to herself.
>
>
>
>
>chat Shit
You focus on transmitting your thought.
>
A fire mage burns brightly as she rises to her feet.
>
A black-robed battle mage just went south.
>
A fire mage retrieves a small, smoky crystal globe from within her robes. With a thoughtful look on her face, the mage gazes into the globe for several seconds. A dark look passes over her as she returns the globe to the depths of her robes, and she is obviously disturbed.

>
>
A black-robed battle mage runs for cover.
>
A fire mage walks south.
>
You hear a black-robed battle mage says, "We shall use you..."
>
You hear a black-robed battle mage says, "For bait"
>

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Hammerrhead...

[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
The view from the tower is spectacular. The city is spread out before you, huddled in a valley beneath the great mountain Stormbrow. Far to the northeast, beyond the walls, the sky is lit with a dim, red glow. To the northwest, you see only mist. A white glaes statue of a dwarf stands tall on a podium, gazing over the town. You also see a wooden charity bin, a marble ledge with some stuff on it and some marble stairs.
Also here: the body of Drevenn who is lying down, the body of Hammerrhead who is lying down
Obvious exits: none
>

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Hammerrhead...

[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
The view from the tower is spectacular. The city is spread out before you, huddled in a valley beneath the great mountain Stormbrow. Far to the northeast, beyond the walls, the sky is lit with a dim, red glow. To the northwest, you see only mist. A white glaes statue of a dwarf stands tall on a podium, gazing over the town. You also see a wooden charity bin, a marble ledge with some stuff on it and some marble stairs.
Also here: the body of Drevenn who is lying down, the body of Hammerrhead who is lying down
>

[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
>
A fissure opens in the ground and a massive pyrothag slowly climbs out before you!
>

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Jacina...

[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a white cat, a moldy raisin cupcake, a massive pyrothag, a yellow sapphire, a red granite statue and a wooden table with some stuff on it.
Also here: the body of Rylark who is lying down, the body of Gibreficul who is lying down, the body of Kalakandos who is lying down, the body of Lady Jacina who is lying down, the body of Kristianna who is lying down, the body of Marex who is lying down
>
A massive pyrothag lumbers west.
>
The battle mage appears a bit less vulnerable.
>
A massive pyrothag lumbers in!
>l
[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see a massive pyrothag, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
>'hrm
You say, "Hrm."
>l
[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see a massive pyrothag, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
>
You hear a black-robed battle mage says, "seems your pitiful companions value not your life"
>
A black-robed battle mage just came out of hiding.
>
A massive pyrothag stands straight upright and pauses a moment.
>'They will be back for me
You say, "They will be back for me."
>'You will fall
You say, "You will fall."
>
A black-robed battle mage points at a spot just beyond your feet.
A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.
>
The fire crackles and flames jump. Burning embers ride upward in the shimmering air above the blaze.
>
A black-robed battle mage says, "I will burn your corpse"
>
A black-robed battle mage points at a spot just beyond your feet.
A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.
>
As the air currents shift, you are buffeted by acrid waves of withering heat and billows of hot smoke from the raging fire.
>
A massive pyrothag lumbers west.
>'You Might, aye, But i will get you sooner or later.
You say, "You Might, aye, But i will get you sooner or later."
>l
[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a black-robed battle mage, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
>
Now and again, resin in some burning wood is ignited by the flames and the fire hisses loudly. The sharp smell of the scorched resin permeates the air and invades your nostrils.
>
A black-robed battle mage says, "In a pyre of raging anger you will burn for all your kind's transgressions."
>
A black-robed battle mage just went north.
>
A fire mage walks in!
>'Enjoy yourself while you have the time
You say, "Enjoy yourself while you have the time."
>
A fire mage walks south.
>
>
>
>
>
>'For you will die soon
You say, "For you will die soon."
>
>
A massive pyrothag lumbers in!
>
A massive pyrothag lumbers south.
>l
>
[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
Also here: Great Lord Menos
>
Great Lord Menos just went east.
>
>
>
As the air currents shift, you are buffeted by acrid waves of withering heat and billows of hot smoke from the raging fire.
>l
[Dragonspine and Ora]
Preoccupied folk make their way along this wide and busy avenue. A crew of broom-wielding dwarves sweeps the street clean of rubbish, working quickly under their supervisor's glare. To the west is the Company Store, which draws a steady flow of traffic to and fro. You also see a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a massive glaes club, a massive glaes club and a massive glaes club.
>
A length of timber crashes and falls over into the fire. The flames grow upon it slowly like roses awakening until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.
>
A length of timber crashes and falls over into the fire. The flames grow upon it slowly like roses awakening until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.
>
* Qikir just bit the dust!
>
Sparks shoot up from the flames to dance in the hot air above the fire. Most glow brightly for a time and then slowly burn up and wink out, but an alarming few drift off, still glowing red hot.
>
The flames glimmer, red and scarlet, orange and yellow, as they flare and climb upward above each other.
>
* Rayquaza just bit the dust!
>
Azerius just arrived.
>
Azerius just went south.
>
The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
>
Azerius just arrived.
>
Azerius tried to drag you, but your group status is closed. Type "GROUP OPEN" to permit yourself to be dragged.
>
You see a wave of energy emanate from Azerius toward you. It coalesces around your body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around your body.
(You sense that your soul has been bound to your body for 13 minutes longer.)
>
Azerius tried to drag you, but your group status is closed. Type "GROUP OPEN" to permit yourself to be dragged.
>
Arvial's group just arrived.
>
Arvial's group just went north.
>
>
Azerius just went north.
>

Straight-up
05-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Ouch, you got....PWNED! I saw all the deaths and wondered what happened...it looks like Teras got slaughtered.

Nakiro
05-12-2004, 05:36 AM
I really, really hope this is some kind of intro into a high level hunting area on Teras.

That would be sweet.

Kitsun
05-12-2004, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes too high up, I mean they've stated repeatedly that higher level hunting grounds aren't even on the long term radar. Unless of course you believe that the polls jump started development.

Meos
05-12-2004, 10:46 AM
damnit I musta just went to sleep, when did this happen!?

Omens
05-12-2004, 10:52 AM
It was at 4:59am this morning when we seen the first one.

Wezas
05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
>'For you will die soon
You say, "For you will die soon."
>

Bet he thought you were looney.

The Cat In The Hat
05-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Gah! First invasion in months and I missed it :mad:

I was dreaming about weird things at 5am.... dont ask.

Cat

Rowi
05-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Damn I missed it to, damable work!

FinisWolf
05-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
Gah! First invasion in months and I missed it :mad:

I was dreaming about weird things at 5am.... dont ask.

Cat

Just to be nosy, and a smart-ass, give it up, I like hearing about weird dreams.

Finiswolf

HouseofElves
05-15-2004, 11:12 AM
First of all--Mekthros and Menos roxz0r. :heart:

Secondly, I would have been up kicking ass if someone didn't keep me. I'm all about the 1k DR decay right now.

And thirdly, I think all these invasions are just like training for the 17(I think) new GMs they signed on. I know the one from Vaalor was by a new GM and this black-robed battle mage was just kinda hokey. He was saying, "I will kill you" and "Get off this isle or else" and we are all like..."Um, we're dead. How much 'or else' can you get?" Ah well. It was hella fun at least. I miss invasions were everyone gets taken out.

Souzy
05-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Menos...isn't he the one that speaks only in elven? I remember he saved me in Teras once, he used his last LK on me or something. I could've kept myself with Voln. But, he told me to replace his LK. Ran around Teras trying to figure out where they sell them and they didn't have any at the pawn!!! Nice of him to save me though, but dayum...it was a mission to get that LK.

HouseofElves
05-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah. He only speaks in Elven because the lesser languages shouldn't pass his tongue or something. I'm all about the Elven elitism tho. But I'll give him a good kick for making someone replace his flask. That is just being a weinie.

TheEschaton
05-15-2004, 12:01 PM
I love Elven elitism. My picker only speaks Elven and up ("up" being dark elven). If they can't understand them, too bad. He outright refuses to pick for dwarves and humans. If a halfling or a giant needs picking, he'll nod to them, use body language to indicate his willingness to pick.

Doesn't accept tips from dark elves.

-TheE-

Zentoph
05-16-2004, 12:16 AM
I expect that this is something for the Griffon Sword Saga, though that's based only on the facts that those fire-mages were one of the strongest creatures in Zerroth's Army that attacked Solhaven and Mekthros is one of the most heavily involved players on the Alliance.

Apparently canceling my account a few days ago was a bad idea.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Isn't Mekthros the ass open imploding during the invasion, with critters that disarm?

What's to like about that?

Edit to add: I really wish they'd neuter the fuck out of that spell, if some peon sorcerer causes me to lose anything, I'm going on a killing spree.

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by Suppa Hobbit Mage]

Betheny
05-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Zentoph
I expect that this is something for the Griffon Sword Saga, though that's based only on the facts that those fire-mages were one of the strongest creatures in Zerroth's Army that attacked Solhaven and Mekthros is one of the most heavily involved players on the Alliance.

Apparently canceling my account a few days ago was a bad idea.

Why would you want to RP with elitist jackasses anyway?

HouseofElves
05-17-2004, 07:09 PM
It had nothing to do with the GSS, the DA just happened to be there to make a little bling.

And, no Mekthros was NOT the person opening imploding in the Solhaven invasions.

Also I'm sorry you closed your account Zen, I had an awesome time RPing with you and I hope you decide to come back.

Beth--:heart: always.