PDA

View Full Version : Security BS

Drunken Durfin
05-04-2011, 11:00 AM
X-ray machines and metal detectors will not make you safe. Neither will limiting people to 3oz of liquid containers when they are getting on a plane. These masturbatory exercises are not protecting us from anything. Farouk Abdul Mutallab made it on the plane with a bomb, it was only his incompetence that kept it from working. I forget who the other guy was that tried to light his shoe strings on fire, but the important here is that he was already on the plane.

All these increased security measures are doing is making me late and I'm tired of the bullshit. It took me 1.5 hours to get through security and into court today and I'm pissed.

[end rant]

Tgo01
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
If people complain about these security measures then the terrorists win!

4a6c1
05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
1.5 hours is not efficient for a court house. They should all be fired.

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
It takes me about 5min to get thru security at the state courthouse here. Everyone already knows the drill, if they don't someone is explaining it to them while they are in line, your turn to step up you move thru you're done.

CrystalTears
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
It's only a matter of time before they require passengers to fly while fully sedated and nude. For your safety.I wouldn't mind sleep regulators, ala Fifth Element.

Dyslexia
05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Only takes me like 5 - 10 minutes to get through airport security most of the time

4a6c1
05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't mind sleep regulators, ala Fifth Element.

Supergreen!

NocturnalRob
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Only takes me like 5 - 10 minutes to get through airport security most of the time
Do you work for an airline or fly first class?

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't mind sleep regulators, ala Fifth Element.

Until you wake up at the end of a flight with a bruised soft palete and a condom hanging out of your butt...or as Rojo calls it "Thursday Nights".

Dyslexia
05-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Nope just a schlub

CrystalTears
05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Or going out of a smaller airport for a red eye flight.

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Nope just a schlub

Got one of those in Thailand once, took me three weeks to pee straight again.

NocturnalRob
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Got one of those in Thailand once, took me three weeks to pee straight again.
At least he didn't charge much.

Dyslexia
05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Or going out of a smaller airport for a red eye flight.

That's true I do a lot of red eyes and I have my packing down pretty tight.

One carry on for a laptop and a backpack with a few personal things and clothes. Laptop goes in a tray by itself, bag and backpack go through by themselves, one tray with my wallet and pocket stuff as well as my little toiletries bag (which includes some liquid medication that has been examined a few times.)

I usually fly out of Logan in Boston (notoriously bad security), but I've never really had a long wait for a domestic flight.

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Very true. He didn't speak much English but he sure as hell knew what "Give me the Rob discount" meant.

NocturnalRob
05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Very true. He didn't speak much English but he sure as hell knew what "Give me the Rob discount" meant.
So he paid you?

Tisket
05-04-2011, 11:45 AM

I don't think she/he is counting the time spent standing in line holding your shoes before actually reaching the security checkpoint.

NocturnalRob
05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't think she/he is counting the time spent standing in line holding your shoes before actually reaching the security checkpoint.
I'll hold my own shoes, thank you very much.

Tisket
05-04-2011, 11:48 AM
lol, hate u

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I'll hold my own shoes, thank you very much.

Standard Rob position.

NocturnalRob
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Standard Rob position.
Only when your wife is tossing my salad. ENJOY THAT IMAGE!

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
JOKES ON YOU SHE HATES LETTUCE.

Wait a minute...

NocturnalRob
05-04-2011, 11:51 AM
JOKES ON YOU SHE HATES LETTUCE.

Wait a minute...
HA! Wait, what?

Drunken Durfin
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Guy in front of me at Memphis airport was getting wand'ed and his "bathing suit area" kept setting it off. He looked at the woman and with a smile said "jewelry." It took her a second to process, then she just waived him through.

Tape a detonator to your cock, tell the TSA it is a Prince Albert, ???, Profit.

4a6c1
05-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Until you wake up at the end of a flight with a bruised soft palete and a condom hanging out of your butt...or as Rojo calls it "Thursday Nights".

YEAH. Well. Somebody has to give your wife what she really needs.

*creepy latex glove snap*

AnticorRifling
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
As long as she keeps me fed I'm ok with this.

JDDZ
05-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Tape a detonator to your cock, tell the TSA it is a Prince Albert, ???, Profit.

Do you really think the TSA is responsible for the security of what happens in air planes? Wouldn't it make more sense for real security to do it's job in not so public a manner?

The TSA is similar to a job bank, the real things that keep us 'safe' are not known about so much.

Drunken Durfin
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Do you really think the TSA is responsible for the security of what happens in air planes?

I hope not, I saw a girl I went to high school with, who was in special-ed, with a blue uniform on in the airport where I grew up.

The TSA is similar to a job bank, the real things that keep us 'safe' are not known about so much.

Safety is a myth. It is only a matter of time before something else happens and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

Tisket
05-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Safety is a myth. It is only a matter of time before something else happens and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

But imagine the firestorm of censure that would rain down on government's head if the efforts weren't made in advance.

Drunken Durfin
05-04-2011, 01:10 PM
But imagine the firestorm of censure that would rain down on government's head if the efforts weren't made in advance.

I do almost every night when I lay in bed hoping that the morning will greet me with news that the revolution has started.

Warriorbird
05-04-2011, 01:11 PM
The sad bit is still the screamingly huge flaws that exist in spite of these stupid measures.

Stry
05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah... I may have mentioned this before.

My buddy who is in the military works as a police officer. They run opps at the Airport here to test security. Last fall they had him dress as a civilian and he got his handgun in past security, and out (much easier of course). Never was caught by airport security.

I don't know how, but someone didn't do something right. So I think it depends on the airport.

But court? The courthouse I used to work at was a simple metal detector and a pair of security guards. Took 30 seconds a person.

What the hell kinda courthouse are you trying to get into that it takes 90 minutes in line?

Also, thank you Rob and Anticor. I needed a laugh.

Drunken Durfin
05-04-2011, 07:20 PM
What the hell kinda courthouse are you trying to get into that it takes 90 minutes in line?

Federal courthouse, Southern District of New York...about 500 yards from the big hole in the ground that used to be the World Trade Center.

Obama is going to be there tomorrow (WTC site) so I imagine things are going to be much worse. If some terrorist blows me up in the morning I'm going to be really pissed.

Stry
05-05-2011, 11:56 AM
That...would explain it.

AnticorRifling
05-05-2011, 11:57 AM
That...would explain it.

Not really. If anything that building shouldn't be as protected since there since you can't re-blow-up-ificate the WTC.

Stry
05-05-2011, 12:03 PM
you can't re-blow-ificate

I hope you didn't pay much for the one who told you that.

AnticorRifling
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
You doctored my response and you are not Stry M.D. I'm writing a strongly worded letter to someone, expect backtracing.

Stry
05-05-2011, 12:42 PM
You doctored my response and you are not Stry M.D. I'm writing a strongly worded letter to someone, expect backtracing.

No! Not teh backtracing!

IW cried about how bad that burns.

Though, I do like the title idea, though not for the typical meaning.