PDA

View Full Version : need some info

Chyrain
05-10-2004, 01:49 PM
I need a good stat placement for a human wizard. Pure magic, runestaff user. Optimized for about 50 trains.

gimme your opinions...i know you got 'em.

Kitsun
05-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Two words: Tsoran's Spreadsheet!

Best spot to tweak and twiddle on your own to suit your own goals. Some people can live with low STR, other people hate it. There's so many factors involved it's like asking someone else to name your baby.

You'll probably get better responses if you toss us a base and we can comment on where you'd likely run into trouble and advise you on future difficulties.

Disrupture
05-10-2004, 07:31 PM
I used the GS4 stat cruncher to do this. 1 physical weighting, 2.5 mental weighting, and optimized for 50.

This is what it gave me on 10000 iteritations.

CO 21
DE 27
DI 70
LO 96
IT 90
ST 70
AG 21
IF 90
WI 95
AU 80

http://home.mchsi.com/~cphillips73/StatCruncher/GS4/StatCruncher.html

That's the cruncher if you ever want to do the calculations on your own. I picked 2.5 because that's what worked for my wizard. So yeah, no guarantees that this character won't totally suck.

Kitsun
05-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Oh sweet jesus. The DE and AG are WAY too low. That stat cruncher really needs to be worked with Tsoran's spreadsheet. By itself it can do some terrible evils.

Mental TP's are important but not at the cost of having a negative Dex bonus which will detract from bolt AS and negative AGI for lowered DS.

Snowman
05-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Well, in regards to the first set of stats, the full results of the early sacrifices in power and deeds would eventually be realized, but the first half of the characters life would be borderline hellish, that is of course unless there is an older babysitter around to make up for the short commings of initial poor stats.

All in all....I'd recomend a more balanced approach, min/maxing just doesnt have the same impact it did in GS III.

Snowman

D~

Meos
05-10-2004, 10:22 PM
check your u2u