PDA

View Full Version : MB formula

GlassEngine
04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
According to krakiipedia,
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Voln_fu
perception skill factors into MB, and CM ranks do not. Does anyone know that, with this being an ice age combat system, if this is still correct? Has anyone tested the effects of CM on MB? Does it really not effect it?

Riltus
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
According to krakiipedia,
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Voln_fu
perception skill factors into MB, and CM ranks do not. Does anyone know that, with this being an ice age combat system, if this is still correct? Has anyone tested the effects of CM on MB? Does it really not effect it?

The formula posted on Krakiipedia is correct. MB is not increased by CM training.

Mark

GlassEngine
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks.

Latrinsorm
05-01-2011, 02:58 PM
According to my notes, that formula was obtained year-end 2004, so it's pretty recent. Also, it only applies to squares, and everybody else only gets 17/17 brawling.

Riltus
05-01-2011, 03:55 PM
According to my notes, that formula was obtained year-end 2004, so it's pretty recent. Also, it only applies to squares, and everybody else only gets 17/17 brawling.

That was originally a gaffe by me which I later corrected. For some inexplicable reason there is an MB increase of 6 for the first brawling rank (5 skill) for professions that can 2x the skill and only an increase of 5 for professions capped at 1x training. I gave a sorcerer and cleric 1 rank each and calculated their MB and thought that the mod was 17/17 and not 20/17. But once they trained a second rank the 20/17 kicked in. So, initially, with equal training pures lag 1 MB behind squares.

Mark

m444w
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I was always told CM factored into the chance for you to get a crit with voln-fu, not your MB...

I think that is what perhaps needs to be tested.

Silvanostar
05-02-2011, 12:06 AM
while i don't have logs to prove it, i call bs on needing cm for more crits. on my ranger i was easily critting soul golems and wind wraith without any cm.

wandererjs
05-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but as long as we're talking about Voln-Fu:

Is the impact of holding your weapons only the drop of MB, or does it also decrease the damage factor and crit chance?

A 10 second test earlier showed my MB dropping by two when holding two yierka-spurs, and by 3 more when holding two fist-scythes. If the only penalty is 2 MB for double weapons and double parry chance, I'll definitely hold them. I usually fu open-handed.

Asrial
05-10-2011, 05:59 AM
While I don't know WHAT exactly is being reduced.. there is DEFINITELY a massive penalty to having something in your right hand.

Riltus
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but as long as we're talking about Voln-Fu:

Is the impact of holding your weapons only the drop of MB, or does it also decrease the damage factor and crit chance?

A 10 second test earlier showed my MB dropping by two when holding two yierka-spurs, and by 3 more when holding two fist-scythes. If the only penalty is 2 MB for double weapons and double parry chance, I'll definitely hold them. I usually fu open-handed.

1. MB is reduced by half the weight of the items held.

2. Damage factors apply to PUNCH and KICK only. They are based solely on creature size and are not modified by items held.

3. You cannot THROW or PUNCH with both hands full.

THROW messaging with both hands full:

<You are in position, but suddenly realize that you can't grab hold since your hands are full>

PUNCH messaging with both hands full:

<You suddenly realize that you can't do this with your hands full!>

4. You can KICK with items in both hands, however, the penalty is severe. Combat panel messaging alerts you to this penalty.

KICK messaging with both hands full:

<What you are holding makes this more difficult.>

The KICK penalty with both hands full is one-half of the MODIFIED ROLL. This is much more severe than strictly reducing the damage done by 50%. The modified roll must be greater than the target's THT for damage to result. By halving this roll you may completely miss the target causing no damage.

5. There is a significant penalty to the effectiveness of THROW with an item in one hand as seen by this messaging.

<You find it very difficult to grab hold with something in your hand.>

The THROW penalty is more difficult to quantify since there are no damage factors for throw. THROW is designed to knock the target to the ground with the potential for added critical damage. With both hands empty this result is more likely but I don't know by how much.

AFAIK there is no penalty to PUNCH or KICK with an item held in one hand.

Mark