PDA

View Full Version : House of Paupers' 20th Anniversary - Raffled Sword.

Boora
04-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I can't use any blades like this so, here is the second sword from the House of Paupers Spring Auction:

a rhimar-edged mottled vultite sword

The blade is slightly worn on the flat but keenly sharp along the edges. The hilt is fashioned from an ale-stained oak keg tap handle incised with caricatures of shivering creatures. Branded into the oaken handle is the House of Paupers crest. A small steel placard is affixed below the crest. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
There appears to be something written on it.

In the Common language, it reads:
"Dame's Delight"

It has a bonus of +30 from a normal sword, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

The harmonics generated tell you that the sword has been infused with the power of an ice elemental.

The sword resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 3 to Strength.
It provides a bonus of 3 to Constitution.
It provides a bonus of 2 to Influence.
It provides a penalty of -2 to Dexterity.
It provides a penalty of -2 to Wisdom.
It provides a penalty of -1 to Logic.
The sword looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.

You sense that the mottled vultite sword will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

You carefully inspect your mottled vultite sword.

After a careful inspection you determine that a rhimar-edged mottled vultite sword requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified longsword.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.

You analyze your mottled vultite sword and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the mottled vultite sword for you.

This is the scabbard in which it came:

a makeshift oak scabbard - several charges of Thurfel's Ward, crumbly.

Any info on value or acceptable trades would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

WRoss
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
does this have cold flares? If I missed it in your jumble, my bad.

Boora
04-30-2011, 02:59 PM
That more helpful, old man?

WRoss
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
No, you left out the line in the bard song prior to it showing the enhancives. That will tell you if it has cold flares.

Boora
04-30-2011, 03:11 PM
I know, but I didn't copy that line down prior. I'll have to sing to it again in a bit.

Quicker than I thought! Done.

WRoss
04-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Alright! I think it's about 3m MB, expect about 5-8m

Boora
04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks WRoss!

Trallihn
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
The sword is also lightly scripted as well.