PDA

View Full Version : Mana Control and Spell Aiming.

GlassEngine
04-30-2011, 12:49 PM
My level 40 Empath is singled in both spirit and mental mana control. Is this a waste of points? Do they add together when effecting mana regain? Is this just good for sharing?
I'm wondering if I should cut one back for the points.
I'm also doubled in Spell Aiming though I'm frantically trying to decide if I want to drop it all and up lores and empath base. Although I'm not to keen on losing the ability to use 1110, 111 and web bolt.
Any insights would be great. Thanks.

Kitsun
04-30-2011, 01:09 PM
You probably only need 24 in one mana control and single in the other. They will both add to your mana pulse but typically isn't worth it for that alone.

Bolting is expensive as an empath. I'd probably recommend it post-cap more so than pre-cap. Bone Shatter is insanely effective if you don't mind being picky about hunting grounds.

GlassEngine
04-30-2011, 01:48 PM
When picking up aiming after cap, is it a situation where you dump something to make points, or just attempt to pick it up to double as you gets the points?
And, if ignoring cost-effectiveness, does keeping the singling in both mana controls at least allow greater regain? Or does it just default to the higher ranked one?

mgoddess
04-30-2011, 02:03 PM
You'll get +1 mana regen per pulse per 10 ranks of one mana control, and then +1 additional mana regen per pulse per 20 ranks of the second mana control.

I'd suggest getting 25 or 30 ranks in spirit mana control, and singling mental mana control.

It seems they both play a part in spells available to empath's, so I think what you do really depends on which spells you use most often...

Spirit Mana Control on Krakiipedia (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_Mana_Control)
Mental Mana Control on Krakiipedia (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Mana_Control)

subzero
04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Bolting is expensive as an empath. I'd probably recommend it post-cap more so than pre-cap. Bone Shatter is insanely effective if you don't mind being picky about hunting grounds.

The great thing about being able to use bolts is it opens up more hunting grounds. And really, for 10 mana, 1110 is pretty powerful if you train for it properly. Also, if you're GoS, it shouldn't even be a question. Fire spirit + troll camps is pretty good stuff.

GlassEngine
04-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Well, I built him to Voln Fu, so I mainly hunt undead... which sort of means 1110 probably isn't worth it as much as I'd like to think. Having the ability to use those bolt spells has been nice though.
I could add a significant amount of CM after ditching Spell Aiming too... I just don't like the fact that it would make 2 spells totally useless... yet the CMs, lores and extra empath base would be great... and would leave Bone Shatter and Wither as my go-to spells.
Still so on the fence... Somebody convince me!

GlassEngine
04-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Mgoddess - Why do you suggest keeping singled in mental and 25-30 spirit and not the other way around?

mgoddess
04-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Mgoddess - Why do you suggest keeping singled in mental and 25-30 spirit and not the other way around?
Because mental affects 1106 (Bone Shatter) and 1110 (Empathic Assault), your two main (empath) attack spells.

Spirit only affects a few spells that empaths use, and, in my personal opinion, not to a degree where it's worth it to single spirit, versus mental.

Of course, if you aren't going to be using 1106 or 1110, then doing it the other way around may be to your benefit. *shrug*

phantasm
05-01-2011, 12:07 AM
2x MMC, and 24 SMC, no spell aim.

1x MMC, 24 SMC, and 2x spell aim.

1110 is awesome though.

mgoddess
05-01-2011, 12:00 PM
2x MMC, and 24 SMC, no spell aim.

1x MMC, 24 SMC, and 2x spell aim.

1110 is awesome though.
^^ This.

For what it's worth, here's my empath's skills...

(at level 21), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Shield Use.........................| 93 21
Physical Fitness...................| 142 42
Magic Item Use.....................| 90 20
Spell Aiming.......................| 142 42
Harness Power......................| 140 40
Mental Mana Control................| 90 20
Spirit Mana Control................| 90 20
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 93 21
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 50 10
First Aid..........................| 142 42

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 6

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 21

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 21

Once fixskills comes around again, I'll probably be ditching the blessings lore to pick up more Major Spirit ranks. Having 2x spell aiming is, I think, a must for pure-spell hunting empaths (instead of healing 'paths, and warpaths).

GlassEngine
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Well, I adjusted it and am just waiting for the fixskills in a couple weeks. I ditched the spell aim until way later, and not having use of 1110 still makes me cringe, but 1106 and wither are going to be my mains, since I mostly hunt undead which pretty much makes 1110 useless anyway. Thanks for all your help everyone. Very insightful.