PDA

View Full Version : Scooters Suck

Bobmuhthol
08-05-2003, 06:10 PM
There's been a recent rumor that Warclaidhm crashed his scooter in real life and lost memory. This rumor is true. I have the proof.

StrayRogue
08-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Fucking brilliant!

longshot
08-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Doctor asked him his name, he answered "Warclaidhm"

longshot
08-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Google is addicting...
http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~jhunivrs/fall2000/scooter.jpg

Back
08-05-2003, 09:44 PM
There's been a recent rumor that Warclaidhm crashed his scooter in real life and lost memory.

As if he didn't ask enough questions before! Now he gets to ask them all over again!!!

Bobmuhthol
08-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Nobody has commented on my wonderful art.

Methais
08-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Wonderful art.

Artha
08-05-2003, 10:57 PM
I think this is what he was riding. You'd have to be a complete idiot to crash one of these.

http://www.delphi.com/images/vpr/products/segway.jpg

Bobmuhthol
08-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Can those things even go fast enough to give you a scratch? I thought they were like.. impossible to crash.

Methais
08-05-2003, 11:23 PM
What in the hell is that?

Taernath
08-06-2003, 12:04 AM
Bush fell off one. : /

I don't think Warclaidhm was riding an IT, they cost upwards of $5000.

longshot
08-06-2003, 05:42 AM
Bush did fall off a Segway...

Artha
08-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah, bush forgot to turn it on. That means the gyroscopes weren't working, so he just kinda tipped over.

Skirmisher
08-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Yeah, bush forgot to turn it on. That means the gyroscopes weren't working, so he just kinda tipped over.

Why does this not shock me?

That man has the IQ of moss.

imported_Kranar
08-06-2003, 05:04 PM
<< What in the hell is that? >>

Segway Transporter. It's a scooter that uses the most sophisticated gyroscope technology to ensure it doesn't tip over no matter how hard you push forward.

You accelerate by leaning forward, and decelerate by leaning backward, and it's very sensitive so it's not like you have to push or pull really hard.

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by Kranar]

Betheny
08-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Did he lose RAM or a disk.

Methais
08-06-2003, 07:39 PM
<<That man has the IQ of moss.>>

I don't think IQ really matters. After all, Klaive has an IQ of 234 remember? And look at him.

Tsa`ah
08-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Well if we're comparing the IQ of Dubya and Klaivya .... Klaive fell out of this ....

08-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Well if we're comparing the IQ of Dubya and Klaivya .... Klaive fell out of this ....

SO!?!?!?!?!?!?

Savaard
10-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Scooting can be an environmentally, useful, safe and fun way of reducing traffic congestion.

Modifications to the exhaust or intake will change the noise level of your scooter which can and will disturb others

Do not make changes or modification to your scooter which can make your scooter act in a manner that is unsafe.

Rules to Scoot By:

Do not dart out of driveways or from between parked cars
Stop at all stop signs
Be careful when checking traffic and don't swerve when looking over your shoulder
Always go with traffic flow and keep to the far side of the road
Always wear your safety gear
Never ride on sidewalks

Things You Should Know Before You Ride
This section was created to aid owners and operators of personal scooters, with tips on how to use them in an environmentally and safe manner. It is not intended to be used as a legal guide for your local laws.

Before you ride, you will need to check with your regional and local vehicle code. A particular area may also have ordinances that limit the use of scooters.

Preparing To Ride
Your personal equipment and good judgment are the only protection you will have. A safe rider wears a helmet and also makes a point to:

Wear the proper clothing / pads

Use eye and face protection

Check the scooter's equipment

Test scooter equipment

Safety Pads
Safety pads are important to help protect you against injury. Here is a list of recommended safety equipment.

Helmet

Elbow Pads

Knee Pads

Wrist Guards

Gloves

Shoes

http://www.go-ped.com/images/scooting/gear-pics.gif

Being seen is very important. Brightly colored, reflective helmets and clothing help make rider more noticeable.

Check the Scooter
A scooter needs more frequent attention than a car. The time to find out if there is something that needs attention is before you ride. Check the following:

Check all nuts and bolts

Steering moves freely

Brakes and controls, for proper operation and location of levers

Frame, for stress and fractures

Tires, for wear

Read and understand the instruction manual

Observe all safety and warning labels on your scooter.

Know Your Scooter
Familiarize yourself with the scooter before you ride. Check the controls. Ride very cautiously until you become familiar with the way the scooter handles. Take turns slowly and give yourself extra stopping distance.

Ride Within Your Abilities
To control your scooter, you need to keep it upright and make it go where you want it to go. This section cannot teach you how to control direction, speed or balance. Only a lot of practice will do that. Here are a few things to help you.

Body Position
Stand firm but relaxed. Keep weight between the wheels. Don't stand too close to the front of lean too far back. Shift your weight to the rear when applying brakes, and lean towards the front when accelerating. Keep feet apart for more stability

Turning
New riders tend to have more trouble turning than experienced riders do. The only way to make good safe turns is to practice. Always approach turns very carefully.

Braking
Front brakes provide most of your stopping power, but you will need to learn to adjust your center of gravity to maintain stability. Again, practice this at a safe speed until you are comfortable with this action.

Areas to Ride
Ride in a safe place free of cars in a area which will not disturb other people, animals and has a clean dry surface.

Snapp
10-17-2003, 11:09 PM
LOL.. you forgot "Watch out for 90 degree hills!"

Back
10-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
Hmmmm

[Edited on 10-18-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

The funniest thing about this post is I know you aren't on drugs. Or are you? It would explain a lot.

Halfsilver
10-18-2003, 12:27 AM
I guess you can safely assume that.

You all assume pretty much everything ELSE you know about us, except of course, our posting style. (which, I know each one of you is envious of.)

grays/d (smokes a coupla rocks of crack every week)

longshot
10-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
I guess you can safely assume that.

You all assume pretty much everything ELSE you know about us, except of course, our posting style. (which, I know each one of you is envious of.)

grays/d (smokes a coupla rocks of crack every week)

No wonder you're so scrawny...

it's the crack habit!

ElvenRangeress
10-18-2003, 07:38 AM
sheesh we can't even post on a warclaidhm topic without people attacking us ...

HarmNone
10-18-2003, 07:55 AM
What attack? Where? Backlash took a poke at you, Atheana, because you edited a post that appeared to contain no more than the quasi-word "Hmmmm". Grays immediately fired one over Backlash's bow.

Folks, if you cannot find it within yourself to laugh at yourselves, you are in for one hell of a long, uphill climb through life. It is FUNNY AS ALL HELL to see an edit on a one word post! I have seen others on these boards spoofed for doing the same thing, and nobody rushed to their defense. In fact, the person who edited the one-word post usually laughed with the rest of us.

Life will be a lot easier, believe me, if you quit looking for insults everywhere. There is nothing more cathartic than a good laugh AT YOURSELF!

HarmNone says "Loosen your belt a notch. You're smashing your common sense." :P

longshot
10-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Nobody was talking to you.

But the butterfinger down, and step away from the keyboard...

Weedmage Princess
10-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Wow.

You really need to like...see a psychiatrist or something, if the littlest thing someone says is going to set you off. Take drugs, lots of them. Hell, shoot up tranquilizer darts or something.

Halfsilver
10-18-2003, 08:23 AM
*sigh*
we have to do this again in this thread?
:sniffle:

[Edited on 10-19-2003 by Halfsilver]

CrystalTears
10-18-2003, 08:31 AM
No because I'm not going to allow it. End it here and go back to talking about scooter boy. Seriously, I mean it. If she's going to do this drawn out anger management session everytime someone says something to her in any light, every thread is going to end up being about her, and frankly I'm sure several of us are tired of it. Don't make me take out my Simu Axe and chop off anymore follow up posts about Atheana/Candi of any kind in this thread. Stop it.

Methais
10-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Yeah

[Edited on 10-18-2003 by Methais]

HarmNone
10-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Hee! Methais, you rascal! Get back on that scooter! If you do not get back on it now, you will never be able to crash it again! :D

HarmNone is offering scooter encouragement, in light of the topic at hand

Savaard
10-18-2003, 02:59 PM
well folks he was telling the truth afterall! I have proof!