PDA

View Full Version : Connecting When Port is Blocked

caelric
04-26-2011, 07:09 AM
I know this is not a lich issue, but lichers usually have the best knowledge of connection and such.

Is there any way to connect via some other means and still run SF and Lich, when the port to the Simutronics server is blocked by the local ISP?

Kaittee
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
someone answer this!

Buckwheet
04-26-2011, 09:35 AM
I know this is not a lich issue, but lichers usually have the best knowledge of connection and such.

Is there any way to connect via some other means and still run SF and Lich, when the port to the Simutronics server is blocked by the local ISP?

The only way I have been able to do this is by making a VPN connection to another machine which effectively tunnels the information.

Angel
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM

Are you sure it's being blocked by your ISP? If you're at work, then it's probably being blocked by your company, not your ISP, in which case you can sometimes bypass this by accessing a proxy server from the internet and then connecting to Simu from there.

WRoss
04-26-2011, 09:55 AM
The only way I have been able to do this is by making a VPN connection to another machine which effectively tunnels the information.

This. You can make a simple DOS prompt proxy connect.

caelric
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
This. You can make a simple DOS prompt proxy connect.

Care to make an effort at walking me through this?

caelric
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Anything?

LMingrone
04-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Set up a VPN and/or a proxy (pretty much the same thing). Google can help.

If you're trying to do it from work, just talk to the IT guy. They will hook up RPG nerds.