PDA

View Full Version : Custom feature-altering mask (dryad-themed)

petroglyph
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I have too many masks.

a brown vulpine-faced mask wreathed in a wild mane of russet and umber

>l mask
Plainly, a master artisan was responsible for the creation of this faintly furrowed, brown mask. The face is framed in waist-length, variegated russet and umber hair that frames the face in wild tendrils and is riddled with tiny, dried haon leaves dappled in sunset hues. There are no eyeholes; instead, copper-flecked deep green eyes are painted upon the mask. An intricate arcane sigil has been incised just above the sharply pointed nose.

When worn, the mask itself disappears and your features shift like so. Eventually it falls off into your hand and your features go back to normal.

She has copper-flecked deep green eyes and faintly furrowed, brown skin.
She has waist-length, variegated russet and umber hair that frames the face in wild tendrils and is riddled with tiny, dried haon leaves dappled in sunset hues.
She has a sharply pointed nose.

CB: 1m to Mike SOLD

BriarFox
04-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Heh. 500k.

petroglyph
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Once to Briar. I'm sure it'll look charming on Nuadjha.

BriarFox
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Once to Briar. I'm sure it'll look charming on Nuadjha.

You know it.

Ardwen
04-24-2011, 11:23 PM
He's gonna give it to his girlfriend the fox

petroglyph
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Bump, twice.

Mike
04-26-2011, 01:06 AM
1m

petroglyph
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Bump, twice. Sold tomorrow if no further bids.

WRoss
04-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Are you sure this falls back into your hands? There were a bunch of masks like this sold at the FWI festival in Western Harbor that were 1 wear only.

Mike
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Are you sure this falls back into your hands? There were a bunch of masks like this sold at the FWI festival in Western Harbor that were 1 wear only.

Clarification from the OP?

petroglyph
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I'm sure; I've used it before. (And am currently waiting for it to fall off again, since I had to wear it to capture the description.) This is a contest prize, not an off-the-shelf item.

I have no idea what happens if you don't have an empty hand when it's ready to fall off. Probably something bad. I have no idea what happens if you go to jail/Droughtman's/the bathhouse while wearing the mask. Probably something bad.

petroglyph
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
For the curious:

A chilling sensation ripples across your features briefly, feeling as if your face were slowly sliding off.
s>
Your facial features slowly grow heavy and seem to harden. Without warning, something solid and smooth slips from your face and tumbles into your free hand.

And SOLD to Mike.