PDA

View Full Version : What TV Series Should I Watch Next?

Dyslexia
04-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I missed most of the cool shows when they first came out, so I like to catch up and stream on netflix or just buy the DVDs and watch them whenever I get a chance.

I tend to like shows that have an element of suspense / mystery / and a lot of unknowns. I tend to like shows with overarching plot themes and not a bunch of unconnected 1 ofs (think BSG vs. ST:TNG).

These are the shows I watched in the past 2 years or so.

Sopranos
The Wire
BSG
Lost

Ok - what next?

Stanley Burrell
04-22-2011, 07:43 AM
jinni.com

Kaig
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
ROME.

It's badass, and historic to boot. Good story flow, and awesome acting!

Buckwheet
04-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Dexter

Asha
04-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Dexter X 2

WRoss
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Xena

Kaittee
04-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Agree with both Rome and Dexter. So sad that Rome only had 2 seasons :-(

LMingrone
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Twin Peaks.

DeV
04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Off the top of my head:
Being Human
Oz
Weeds
Dexter - although only 2 seaons are currently available, and the remaining seasons are up in the air as of March.
Friday Night Lights
Spartacus

Sam
04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Glee

inso
04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
If anyone wants a relatively short show to watch, the BBC show Luther is 6 hour-long episodes. Columbo-style inverted detective show with decent cases and a really great final two episodes. They're working on two 1.5 hour episodes for this year.

Stringer Bell is the titular character, for Wire fans. Bit of a change of pace to see him in his natural British accent.

Archigeek
04-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Breaking Bad. I loved that show: some great acting and some great characters. I would also add my voice to the Dexter fans, as well as Weeds.

On the other hand, summer is approaching. Turn off the TV, toss the remote somewhere you can't find it, and enjoy the outdoors for a couple of months? I'm going to try to do this, and attempt to be a bit more of a ludite over the summer.

Sam
04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
BBC's Sherlock is pretty good. It's only 3 episodes, but each one is like 90 minutes. It's essentially a modern day take on Sherlock Holmes.

inso
04-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I liked both of the actors for Holmes and Watson in Sherlock. Also liked a lot of the stylistic things they did (text message popups on the screen cartoon-style). Just felt the first two cases themselves were pretty weak. I liked the ending though, and am interested in seeing how that pans out.

Part of the problem with Sherlock is that I watched it right after Luther. The first episode case of Sherlock has basically the same bad-guy as one of the Luther cases.

Other British shows I've liked:
-Wire in the Blood (psychiatrist helping police catch serial killers)
-Top Gear (even though I'm not a huge car person, their challenges never fail to make me laugh)
-Spooks (spy show involving MI-5, not afraid to kill off main characters spectacularly)

Gnome Rage
04-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I liked the first season of Being Human and I love Fringe...

That's basically all I watch

Androidpk
04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Fringe, because it's awesome, and because Olivia is hot.

Gnome Rage
04-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Peter is hot!

awol0509
04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Dexter and Sons of Anarchy are musts!

Cephalopod
04-22-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll toss in votes for:
- Breaking Bad
- Six Feet Under (old, ended a few years ago, but there are a couple of seasons to entertain you)
- Dexter
- Walking Dead

For strictly humor:
- Archer (my current obsession)
- Louie
- Weeds

diethx
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Being Human

Hi DeV! Also, good call - I love that show. I was a bit disappointed they went the route they did with Bishop, but I suppose that's ok.

Glee

Seriously Sam? :/

diethx
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh also I suggest you check out Shameless as soon as it's available for streaming. Awesome show.

Jayvn
04-22-2011, 02:10 PM
since it doesn't have nearly enough votes.... mmm Dexter

Latrinsorm
04-22-2011, 02:20 PM
BSG again.
Stargate Universe
Trigun
Justified

Being Human is in a state of becoming. I don't want to recommend it until it reaches its potential, but it is close.

Be careful with your expectations of Louie. Sometimes he makes episodes that are designed to be and are jaw-rendingly hilarious. Sometimes he goes in a completely different direction, which is fine and all, but if you go into one of those with the thought "I need a quick laugh, I'll watch Louie", you will be off-balance and unable to open the distance.

Morph
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Dexter is the best, but everyone has suggested it already. You could try Damages. I watched it on instant netflix, and it was pretty good.

TheEschaton
04-22-2011, 02:32 PM
If Dexter was a hot woman, I'd fuck her, leave her, then crawl back on my hands and knees. That show is awesome.

Kaittee
04-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Also seconding Nachos' recommendation of Six Feet Under. I forgot how much I loved that show.

And let's toss It's Always Sunny on there too, shall we?

Buckwheet
04-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I will throw the first three seasons of weeds out there. I don't know about the more recent ones. I sort of lost it in season four.

Kid Danger
04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Firefly

That is all ;)

Ryvicke
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Firefly

That is all ;)

QFT.

Except it bears mentioning if you want any sort of ending you also need to watch the concluding movie: Serenity.

I think the best TV series I ever watched was called.............

Deadwood

crb
04-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I missed most of the cool shows when they first came out, so I like to catch up and stream on netflix or just buy the DVDs and watch them whenever I get a chance.

I tend to like shows that have an element of suspense / mystery / and a lot of unknowns. I tend to like shows with overarching plot themes and not a bunch of unconnected 1 ofs (think BSG vs. ST:TNG).

These are the shows I watched in the past 2 years or so.

Sopranos
The Wire
BSG
Lost

Ok - what next?

So you like serialized shows. I think that is the word you were looking for.

Breaking Bad
Rome
Dexter
The Shield

NocturnalRob
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Are you looking for shows that have finished/been cancelled? Or something you can catch up on and continue with?

Dyslexia
04-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Serialized, yep. Learn something new every day.

A bunch of good choices here and I've been looking up a lot of these.

I think I'm either going to check out Fringe or Deadwood.

I actually watched Season 1 of Rome (awesome!) but I couldn't get into the second season. I tried the Shield a bit too but I tried watching it like right after the Wire and it didn't feel as heavy.

Keller
04-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Deadwood is GOAT TV show.

Kaig
04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, seson two of ROME was not as good as the first, but the acting still made it a strong follow-up, including a very strong emotional scene with Antony later on. Wish HBO would have had the funding for the other four (if I recall correctly) seasons.

4a6c1
04-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm doing the same thing with Netflix! My list looks like this:

Bones
Dexter
Big Bang Theory
Grey's Anatomy
House
Firefly
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: DS9
Star Trek: TNG
The Tudors

I guess I should put BSG on that list too. I'm jumping around between, Voyager, Bones and Big Bang Theory right now. It takes me forever to finish a series...

4a6c1
04-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Oh, I just realized what you asked! Voyager and DS9 have arching storylines. TNG bugs me for the same reason...Every. Episode. Is. Isolated. I recommend DS9 moreso than Voyager. DS9 is the Grey's Anatomy of Trek. Voyager has large sweeping archs but they are not consistent and there are some random episodes where you are just like wtf. :D

/trekkie

crb
04-23-2011, 08:09 AM
both those star treks have random procedural episodes. Neither is truly serial. The shows are about something (in the sense that Seinfeld is about nothing), but they aren't serials.

Middian
04-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Deadwood, was freken awesome! On the other hand it made me want to PUNCH because of how it left you hanging!! Trixy at least should have shanked that bad guy in the end or something!! Not just let him leave the town and never have another episode again! (rant off)

Dyslexia
04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
BTW - How did you like Lost? I finally finished the last two seasons a couple months ago... I loved how it ended, personally.

Are you interested in anime at all?

I was fine with the ending, fine with the way the show progressed for the most part. The first two seasons were just awesome - full of suspense, lots of nagging and unanswered questions - after that it got kind of silly and less intense but by then you are probably invested enough to get to the end.

As far as anime goes I really enjoyed Serial Experiments: Lain, but again I like stuff that is really suspenseful / mind-bending whatever you want to call it. I can't really sit through typical anime faire.

petiteSylvan
04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
As far as anime goes I really enjoyed Serial Experiments: Lain, but again I like stuff that is really suspenseful / mind-bending whatever you want to call it. I can't really sit through typical anime faire.

Try Neon Genesis Evangelion, Soltey Rei, Noir, Gantz, Gunslinger Girl, Innocent Venus, and Le Chevalier D'Eon, if you like suspensful/mind bending anime. Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but ... just a few suggestions.

As for actually TV series, since I didn't read the entire thread it might be a repeat, but I am currently enjoying Mad Men. It starts out a bit slow, but if you like slowly revealed characters and 1960s settings, it's great!

RSR
04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Deadwood, was freken awesome! On the other hand it made me want to PUNCH because of how it left you hanging!! Trixy at least should have shanked that bad guy in the end or something!! Not just let him leave the town and never have another episode again! (rant off)

I'm continually amazed that Dan on Deadwood:
http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dority.jpg

Also played:
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsB/30555-24020.gif

in 'There's Something About Mary'

Deadwood was awesome though.

Dexter as has been mentioned is among the best shows ever.

Game of Thrones is kicking ass as a new show.

-Richard.

Some Rogue
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
!@#!@^$%!^@$%!

Just finished the finale for season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. This show is fucking awesome. Can't rep this shit enough. This is definitely one to watch.

diethx
04-28-2011, 02:16 PM
!@#!@^$%!^@$%!

Just finished the finale for season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. This show is fucking awesome. Can't rep this shit enough. This is definitely one to watch.

I know, I love that show. I thought season 1 was the best, but the last few minutes of the season 3 finale was fucking ridiculous.

LMingrone
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Isn't it awesome that Peg and Al Bundy have their own dope shows now? I pretend that they got a divorce and these two shows are their new lives.

FallenUnder
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Boardwalk empire was entertaining and solid for the first season. It was fun to see prohibition gangsters doing their thing. Also, Steve buscemi does a great job.

Cephalopod
04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Isn't it awesome that Peg and Al Bundy have their own dope shows now? I pretend that they got a divorce and these two shows are their new lives.

I always pretend that Peg was abducted by aliens, transported to the future, had an eye removed and boob implants put in, then started working for a galactic package delivery service.

This helps me sleep at night. After I've masturbated to Peg 2.0.

Eliaku
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Sons of Anarchy. Dexter.

Back
04-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Workaholics.

If we don’t learn from History Channel we are doomed to repeat History Chanel. - Blake

4a6c1
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I have a confession to make!

I can't get into Dexter. And every single person I know loves that show. Even the bowties. Even the clowns. Even the sad sad sad panda that only frowns. :(

LMingrone
04-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I always pretend that Peg was abducted by aliens, transported to the future, had an eye removed and boob implants put in, then started working for a galactic package delivery service.

This helps me sleep at night. After I've masturbated to Peg 2.0.

What about 7?!?!!?!?!?

Some Rogue
04-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I have a confession to make!

I can't get into Dexter. And every single person I know loves that show. Even the bowties. Even the clowns. Even the sad sad sad panda that only frowns. :(

Me either. I watched maybe 2 episodes and wondered what the fuck everyone loved about the show.

4a6c1
04-30-2011, 01:34 AM
Not just me! :dance:

Back
05-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Workaholics. New season.

Let's get weird! Let's get weird! Let's get weird!

Tisket
08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
So Comcast (aka The Devil) has the first season of Boss available on demand. I hate that I'm enjoying it so far because it makes me think about adding a premium channel service to my cable package.

Fuckers.

Drisco
08-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Watch Fringe, The Good Wife, The News Room.

Some Rogue
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Fringe for me is one of those shows where I want to know what's the story behind all the stuff but I almost can't be bothered to watch each episode just to get a minor tidbit of the real meat of the story.

I also find Olivia annoying.

4a6c1
08-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Political Animals. Is this a Clinton proxy or is it just me?

Drisco
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Fringe for me is one of those shows where I want to know what's the story behind all the stuff but I almost can't be bothered to watch each episode just to get a minor tidbit of the real meat of the story.

I also find Olivia annoying.

That's true but the OP said she liked Lost and it's basically the same kind of thing (same writers).

I agree with the Olivia thing, she's a hit and miss. I love the old man though, truly carries the show.

Androidpk
08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
1. Olivia is awesome and a total bad ass. Being hot doesn't hurt either.
2. Walter is a fucking riot, I love this man. I would give my left kidney to have him as my dad.

I hope Olivia's sister comes back at some point because Ari Graynor. :heart:

Nilandia
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Supernatural is my guilty pleasure for the moment. I'm just starting into season 3, and the folklore freak in me is very happy. Other folklore-ish shows I like are Grimm and Once Upon a Time, two very different takes on similar source material.

Game of Thrones is magnificent. I watch True Blood with friends mostly to hang out, but it's entertaining enough to keep me watching.

I plan on watching Doctor Who and Firefly once I get the time. I've seen bits of both of them already, but I want to see it all.

Gretchen

Some Rogue
08-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I agree with the Olivia thing, she's a hit and miss. I love the old man though, truly carries the show.

Definitely. Walter is great. I think with her it's the whole "I am so awesome, I can do whatever I want and it always works out. I don't care if I have to directly go against my superiors orders. I DO WHAT I WANT." I just watched the episode today where she's trying to get back the power to see the out of place things...and when she was all...I am afraid of nothing. I couldn't do anything but roll my eyes.

Androidpk
08-20-2012, 09:35 PM
That's exactly why she's so awesome. Headstrong women that knows how to get the impossible done.

diethx
08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Supernatural is my guilty pleasure for the moment. I'm just starting into season 3, and the folklore freak in me is very happy.

Don't lie - you know the main reason you're loving Supernatural is because of this:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7800000/-Dean-3-dean-winchester-7889766-1024-768.jpg

Drisco
08-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm assuming there should be a naked picture of Jensen Ackles. Which we can all agree is amazing.

Latrinsorm
08-20-2012, 10:33 PM

I also find Olivia annoying.You crazy. She's the Jean Luc Picard of women FBI agents with intermittent supernatural powers. <- fact.

diethx
08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm assuming there should be a naked picture of Jensen Ackles. Which we can all agree is amazing.

I think I'd die from all the ecstasy.

msconstrew
08-20-2012, 10:48 PM

I had to Google this name. And now that I have I concur with diethx's assessment.

diethx
08-21-2012, 07:26 AM
I didn't even realize that pic was broken. Whoops.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30500000/-Jensen-jensen-ackles-30582737-399-400.jpg

Drisco
08-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I didn't even realize that pic was broken. Whoops.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30500000/-Jensen-jensen-ackles-30582737-399-400.jpg

Was I right about the Jensen Ackles picture missing? :)

Roblar
08-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Game of Thrones is magnificent.
Gretchen

This. Btw, has there been an HBO show that wasn't awesome? Trying to remember one I didn't get sucked into.

SHAFT
08-21-2012, 12:24 PM
I got my fiancee to start The Sopranos again with me a few months ago and she absolutely loves it. She kinda sneered at it in the past, but now she's completely hooked. We're on the last season and she wants to finish it more than I do.

Everyone I talk to about Breaking Bad tells me I must watch it. I think when we finish The Sopranos I'll get into Breaking Bad.

Some Rogue
08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
This. Btw, has there been an HBO show that wasn't awesome? Trying to remember one I didn't get sucked into.

Couldn't get into Rome or Six Feet Under.
Eastbound and Down isn't very funny either.
Sex in the City because I am a straight man.
Never watched an episode of True Blood, not really interested to either.

leifastagsweed
08-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Six Feet Under is the best show ever. I wish it had gone on forever and ever. I constantly vascilated on the object of my fantasies: Rico! Billy! Nate! Russell! Claire? :)

diethx
08-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Was I right about the Jensen Ackles picture missing? :)

Yes, but not naked.

ALSO WHY THE FUCK DO MY PICTURES KEEP BREAKING?! Two completely different Jensen Ackles pictures from two completely different sites, and neither work now. I guess the PC simply can't handle such hotness.

TheEschaton
08-21-2012, 12:49 PM
While there are some HBO shows I didn't watch, they all had their diehard fans, and they've all been seen as pretty good.

I recently rewatched the Sopranos, and my bitter, jaded, cynical 31 year old self was much more at ease with the series finale than I previously remembered being.

Tisket
08-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Sex in the City because I am a straight man.

I thought for a moment that you were admitting to liking that show and I was all like "I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! LIA IS HIS BEARD!!!"

Then I read what you quoted and was all like "CURSES! FOILED AGAIN!!"

I hate you.

TheEschaton
08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I watched Sex in the City, all 6 seasons, and saw the movie, and I'm a straight man....

...with lots of close female friends.

Tisket
08-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I watched Sex in the City, all 6 seasons, and saw the movie, and I'm a straight man....

You are a special case.

(I might even mean that as a compliment)

Tgo01
08-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Sex and the City!

And yes I'm straight even though I knew that...

TheEschaton
08-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Maybe if I'd seen the second movie, I woulda known that Tgo. You're such a total Miranda.

Androidpk
08-21-2012, 01:21 PM

You shave your legs too don't you.

Some Rogue
08-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Sex and the City!

And yes I'm straight even though I knew that...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/372/425/103.gif (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/372425-homophobic-seal)

Latrinsorm
08-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't get why a straight man wouldn't like Sex and/in/aboard the City. You're about guaranteed a funny moment in the open, an awkward pun before the first commercial, simplistic resolution at the end, beautiful women throughout.

Some Rogue
08-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I don't get why a straight man wouldn't like Sex and/in/aboard the City. You're about guaranteed a funny moment in the open, an awkward pun before the first commercial, simplistic resolution at the end, beautiful women, a horse and a lesbian throughout.

Fixed

Drakefang
08-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Hah, she really is horse-faced. I never saw what many others saw in her. Was Kim Cattrall the lesbian? God I hated that show.

4a6c1
08-21-2012, 06:15 PM
You probably hate Hemingway too, you communist.

Some Rogue
08-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Hah, she really is horse-faced. I never saw what many others saw in her. Was Kim Cattrall the lesbian? God I hated that show.

Latrinsorm
08-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Hah, she really is horse-faced. I never saw what many others saw in her. Was Kim Cattrall the lesbian? God I hated that show.She's no Brad Pitt, you've got me there.

TheEschaton
08-21-2012, 11:39 PM
HOW THE FUCK IS NANCY SELLING HASH LITERALLY THREE EPISODES AFTER SHE CLAIMS THE FAMILY NEEDS TO START OVER AND RUNS AWAY FROM HER DRUG CARTEL HUSBAND?

And why the fuck is Shane allowed to babysit and moralize that "everyone else" is a bad influence for Avi WHEN HE FUCKING MURDERED SOMEONE LIKE FIVE EPISODES AGO?

Jesus, Weeds, I feel like I need to finish you just to say I have, but you're stretching yourself thin.

diethx
08-22-2012, 07:13 AM
She's no Brad Pitt, you've got me there.

Haha.

I get SJP has a long face but I really don't think she's ugly.

Androidpk
08-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Hideous is more like it.

diethx
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Meh, grain of salt. Your taste is questionable.

Kaig
08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Been watching Breaking Bad recently and it amazes me how many times Jesse gets his ass kicked. Its almost like every-other episode. Great show so far, definately interesting, though I'm only partially through season three.

Kaig
10-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Watched the first two seasons of Boardwalk Empire recently. If you have not heard of it, it's about prohibition era Atlantic City and the subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) power struggles between so-called mob bosses of the era. Steve Buscemi plays the main lead (and the part is so friggin suited for him, not to mention its about time he had a lead role). It's good drama, with action, historical relevance, not to mention drugs, violence, and intrigue. Definately awaiting the next season.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 06:42 PM
The BBC three part series, In The Flesh is pretty damn good. It's about a teenager who gets released from a treatment center after being treated for Partially Deceased Syndrome (PDS) and returning to his village in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Watch it free on Comcast On Demand. Good effects and acting.

RSR
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Three's Company. There's just something about a girl named Chrissy.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
H8 u

Jhynnifer
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
I just finished Doctor Who. The first season was slow to draw me in but once I started on Season 2 I was fairly addicted.
Being Human was good, but I preferred the American version to the British (though I plan on going back and checking that out too)
Sherlock - Seasons 1/2 are available on netflix and amazon.com. I really liked it

I tried getting into Breaking Bad but stopped after episode 4. I'll probably pick it back up at some point.

diethx
07-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Being Human was good

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/aidan-being-human-photograph.jpg

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

Jhynnifer
07-28-2013, 08:18 PM
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/aidan-being-human-photograph.jpg

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

At first I was FAP FAP FAP then after about 10 episodes his chin started bothering me.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 08:22 PM
What's wrong with a chin you can drink out of?

Suppressed Poet
07-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Rome hands down. That was an amazing series. Don't watch Lost...it will hook you and then piss you off when you watch the last season.

Back
07-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Rome hands down. That was an amazing series. Don't watch Lost...it will hook you and then piss you off when you watch the last season.

Rome. Deadwood. The Wire. Six Feet Under. Big Love. Newsroom. Game of Thrones.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Game of Thrones = Big Yawn

diethx
07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
What's wrong with a chin you can drink out of?

Ahahahaha. BODY SHOTS!!!

Honestly though... nnnggghhh.

Nathala Crane
07-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Sherlock, yo. All episodes so far are available on Netflix. I also have to recommend Hell on Wheels. Seasons 1 and 2 are now on Netflix, and Season 3 starts this Saturday.

Warriorbird
07-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Game of Thrones = Big Yawn

You did always remind me of the Queen of Thorns.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Sherlock, yo. All episodes so far are available on Netflix. I also have to recommend Hell on Wheels. Seasons 1 and 2 are now on Netflix, and Season 3 starts this Saturday.

With that avatar, it's hard to take anything you suggest seriously.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 08:52 PM
You did always remind me of the Queen of Thorns.

I don't know anything about her because I haven't read beyond about halfway through the first book and although I did watch the first season, I don't recall that character.

I will assume you are complimenting me though.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 08:57 PM
I just wiki'd her.

Did you just call me old, WB?

I hate you.

Nathala Crane
07-28-2013, 08:58 PM
With that avatar, it's hard to take anything you suggest seriously.

I am the stalwart shield of wizardry. Heed my words, and watch Sherlock.

Warriorbird
07-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I just wiki'd her.

Did you just call me old, WB?

I hate you.

<3

She's just one of my favorite badass schemers.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Right now I'm scheming how to get the last piece of a birthday cake in the fridge without anyone noticing.

diethx
07-28-2013, 09:49 PM
You should stomp into the kitchen, swing the fridge door open, and grab that piece of birthday cake. If anyone asks why, you tell them "because fuck you, that's why", and eat your damn cake.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Oh I could get to it just fine. It's the tackling and tickling that would inevitably follow that has me worried. I am very ticklish. No, my current plan involves waiting until everyone is asleep. Delayed gratification, yo.

Nathala Crane
07-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I thought you were a hardass, but it turns out all you need to tame the Tisket is a quick tickle-finger. Hee.

diethx
07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Oh I could get to it just fine. It's the tackling and tickling that would inevitably follow that has me worried. I am very ticklish. No, my current plan involves waiting until everyone is asleep. Delayed gratification, yo.

I totally did that with a birthday cake cupcake on Thursday. It tasted even better I think.

Tisket
07-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I thought you were a hardass, but it turns out all you need to tame the Tisket is a quick tickle-finger. Hee.

I'm a lover, not a fighter!

Unless I have a keyboard.

Nathala Crane
07-28-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm a lover, not a fighter!

Unless I have a keyboard.

... <tickle>

Latrinsorm
07-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Rome hands down. That was an amazing series. Don't watch Lost...it will hook you and then piss you off when you watch the last season.I liked the last season of Lost, but I like pretty much everything.

Nathala Crane
07-28-2013, 10:54 PM
I've watched maybe.. three episodes of Lost, and they were early ones. I just never got into it. It was the same way with Heroes, but I understand I did myself a favor on that one.

diethx
07-28-2013, 11:54 PM
The first season of Heroes was awesome. The first season. -.-

Jhynnifer
07-29-2013, 02:50 AM
I've watched maybe.. three episodes of Lost, and they were early ones. I just never got into it. It was the same way with Heroes, but I understand I did myself a favor on that one.

My boyfriend pushed me through all 5 seasons of Lost in a four month period so I'd be all caught up when season 6 came out. Now I wish I'd just stopped at 5. =( I've only seen 2 episodes of heroes, I never got into it.