PDA

View Full Version : Metal Breastplate or Hauberk?

Gawyane
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
So I have a question about what armor to use. I've read that it is a good idea to get to mbp as quickly as possible as a paladin. However currently I am wearing 5x chain hauberk. Is it better to stick with the hauberk until I can wear either augmented or half plate or go ahead and make the jump to mbp?

Thanks for the help!

Back
04-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Full plate.

Gawyane
04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
So are you saying I should stay with the hauberk until I can use full plate?

Back
04-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Sorry that was snarky. All things considered I would stick with 5x hauberk unless I found some 5x mpb or any of the other plate class armors. Otherwise you may as well wear that until full plate.

mgoddess
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I've staying my 6x hauberk for the past 40 or so trains... it seems to be working quite well for me.

However, I'm in the process of having some MBP enchanted up to 7x, so I'll be making the switch over to that, once it's done.

Gawyane
04-20-2011, 08:53 PM
If i can get some good mbp is it worth the switch? Mbp only covers the torso but the hauberk provides protection for the whole body. I was wondering if the protection mbp offers on just the torso outweighs the protection offered by hauberk on the whole body.

Back
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
If i can get some good mbp is it worth the switch? Mbp only covers the torso but the hauberk provides protection for the whole body. I was wondering if the protection mbp offers on just the torso outweighs the protection offered by hauberk on the whole body.

MBP will cover torso like plate and everything else like chain. Someone correct me if I am wrong here...

Androidpk
04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
MBP will cover torso like plate and everything else like chain. Someone correct me if I am wrong here...

That's right. I would go with mbp until you can wear full plate.

Gawyane
04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Well then! That makes things much easier to decide! Thanks for the help guys!

Bocha
04-20-2011, 11:03 PM
no question you should get MBP, its far superior to haubark

MBP will provide full body coverage: giving you plate damage factor everywhere and chain crit divisor on non torso hits.

for non torso hits the MBP will be superior to haubark, not equal.

id suggest triple training armor to get 90 armor ranks asap

LizardClan1
04-21-2011, 01:23 PM
I heard 8x hauberk is comparable to 4x full plate, because of AvD's.

-LizardClan1
AIM: LizardClan1

Ivex
04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
In a way, yes, but the DS bonus from 8x berk doesn't translate to full plate AvD on warding spells, plate being superior

Buckwheet
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Also depends on if you spell tank.

I spell tank, and yes the argument of eventually you will get hit is valid, but unless you are dealing with some manuver attacks either choice is valid.