PDA

View Full Version : More Info on the Dhu Gillywack

CrystalTears
05-08-2004, 10:04 AM
More Info on the Dhu Gillywack! · on 5/7/2004 7:00:16 PM 608

Dateline 5/7/2004: MORE INFO ON THE DHU GILLYWACK!

A schedule of events, more shops, and more merchants have been added to the Dhu Gillywack information page available at: http://www.play.net/gs4/quests/info/gillywack2004.asp

A band of Merchant Tinker Gnomes return on the fabulously famous flying phenomenon, the Dhu Gillywack! The airship will begin a long tour of Elanthian towns, and will be taking on passengers through advance ticket sales! Puzzles, merchant services, shops and quests abound in this special event that will take you through the entire realms, town by town. Don't miss the boat! Only a limited number of tickets will be sold! Don't let the Tinker Gnomes pass you by!

Melissa

"Philosophers and ploughmen; Each must know his part; To sow a new mentality; Closer to the heart" - Rush

This message was originally posted in Quests, Sagas and Events, The Continuing Voyages of the Dhu Gillywack. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=9&topic=8&message= 533

Blazing247
05-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Melissa says, "More info on the Dhu. Blah blah blah."

Melissa means- "Nobody is buying our over-priced tickets, so let me try and twist your arms a bit more. If (and when) this doesn't work, we'll have to pull out the leveler lever at the Dhu to sell these tickets."

Kitsun
05-08-2004, 07:23 PM
By "Nobody is buying" you mean that the 187 tickets sold so far don't count? Or that trying to fill in the information page with more details isn't proper conduct?

Xcalibur
05-08-2004, 07:29 PM
People are really stupid. If most people would had simply boycotte that overpriced even, they'd be forced to reduce it to a normal price.

Guess what will happen next year?

Blazing247
05-08-2004, 08:01 PM
<By "Nobody is buying" you mean that the 187 tickets sold so far don't count? Or that trying to fill in the information page with more details isn't proper conduct?>

Last run, this event sold out far more quickly. With 2 weeks left, I don't think 187 tickets sold is stellar progress. I never said it wasn't proper conduct to update the page, but it was certainly spurred on by the lack of ticket sales thus far.

05-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Heh it would be nice if th einfo page said the exact dates.

Blazing247
05-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah, it would be. If you couldn't find it though, the dates are 5-21, 6-25, and 8-06.

05-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks

Kitsun
05-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Blazing247Last run, this event sold out far more quickly. With 2 weeks left, I don't think 187 tickets sold is stellar progress. I never said it wasn't proper conduct to update the page, but it was certainly spurred on by the lack of ticket sales thus far.

Yes, it sold out faster when it was run a couple years ago. However it was new and exciting and all the wares were going for quite a bit. This is a return show with lots of unknowns.

I, personally, believe that the page was updated because it sorely needed to be. Before that, it only had about 2 dozen shops and a dozen merchants. There's quite a bit more listed now.

Will it help ticket sales for those sitting on the fence? Sure. Would the update have happened in any event? I think so.

Originally posted by Xcalibur
People are really stupid. If most people would had simply boycotte that overpriced even, they'd be forced to reduce it to a normal price.

Guess what will happen next year?

And who are YOU to decide if and how anyone decides to spend their time and money is a worthwhile endeavor? Who are you to judge or guage their intelligence based upon a single purchase? Who are you to decide what is and is not overpriced?

Oh thats right, excuse me! You don't even PLAY Gemstone anymore! You just lurk on a message board dedicated to a game you used to play! This must mean you're so in tune with a majority of players' feelings of how gemstone players want to blow their cash! Damn, how could I have missed that!

Unless I missed the regularly scheduled Simutronics Enforcer Brigade, they don't force anyone to spend their money on anything. Value is in the eye of the consumer. Don't judge us, we won't judge you.

TheEschaton
05-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Kitsun, though, this is the first pay event I can think of within the past 2 or 3 years which hasn't sold out in a week or two. Not just comparing it to the last Gillywack. Hell, Anfelt was ridiculously priced, and still went quick, because of all the uber gear raffles.

So is the Artisan's Faire, that always sells out quick as well.

-TheE-

Kitsun
05-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Service events and promises of uber items always sells more than quest driven events.

This event is probably more along the lines of EG with some nice services/items but it sports more quests. EG hasn't ever sold out quickly. The last run of Black Swan Castle didn't do well at all.

Just a note on the use of phrases and words and what really happened...

You say that Anfelt was "ridiculously overpriced" but it also "still went quick." That contradicts itself from a sales standpoint. If it was "overpriced" then sales would be low/slow/non-existant. If something sells quickly, then it is possible that the price is too low.

It seems as if they're attempting to adjust their prices to fit their target market. Is it possible that they've now priced themselves out of sell-out range? Definately.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Do you work for Simu, or want to? I'm curious.

Kitsun
05-09-2004, 11:17 AM
No and no. Although I will admit that I submitted an application about 5 years ago to be a host, then I found out the weekly hour requirements and was absolutely delighted that they never responded.

Honestly, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to accuse me of being or wanting to be a GM if I took a stance that wasn't completely with the anti-GS sentiment.

Seriously, Simu has enough real faults to bash them with that people don't have to create fantasy problems to wave at the bad evil money grubbing corporation.

Many of the gripes people hold aren't even reasonable. I believe in giving those ideas a little bit of hole poking to see if there's actually any ground for them. How about some fair and balanced review?

Anyone that just pops onto these boards and see all the mindless, baseless Simu bashing would also think we're all crazy because we still play the damn game.

PS - You really aren't just 'curious' as to whether or not I'm a Simu agent. You want to know so you can call me a suck up/employee and then summarily dismiss me without arguing any of the points I bring up.