PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Anyone else out there play Fantasy Football?

We just had our draft last night... I think I am screwed.

QB: Kurt Warner
RB: Fred Taylor
RB: Ahman Green
WR: No real standouts (I can't even remember)
DT: Caralina
K: Martin Gramatica
TE: No one good.

Good thing this isn't for real money.. only Gemstone Silvers.

Bobmuhthol
08-05-2003, 09:03 AM
You totally sux0r. You be skrooed.

Scott
08-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

QB: Kurt Warner
RB: Fred Taylor
RB: Ahman Green
WR: No real standouts (I can't even remember)
DT: Caralina
K: Martin Gramatica
TE: No one good.

Kurt Warner. He's either going to be great, or he's going to suck. The rams should have traded him and let Buldger play. Taylor, decent. Green is alright, he just doesn't get touchdowns.

In other words, your screwed.

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Warner COULD come back this year... Taylor COULD go the whole year without an injury (I picked him because he will get more touchdowns this year with Stacey Mack leaving to Houston), Green COULD go the whole year without an injury and keep his starting job...

If everything goes my way.. I could have a potentially great team.. just too damn many IFs though.

I could always trade my other QB Brady for Stacey Mack... wonder if Sergey will still do it...

Scott
08-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Keeping Brady and getting rid of Drew Bledsow was the worst move ever. Tom Brady isn't even close to being as good as Bledsow.

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Keeping Brady and getting rid of Drew Bledsow was the worst move ever. Tom Brady isn't even close to being as good as Bledsow.

Bledsoe got me to 5-1 at the beginning of last year. He really made me look like a superstar (Especially since I also had Peeless)

He also got me 2-6 after that. He really choked down the stretch.

Brady will never be a great FF because he simple doesn't do anything that spectacular. He will have a good game here and there, but you need someone that will put up 4000 yards and had 25+ TDs a year to really do well in that position. 300 yard games are the key in most leagues.

If Fred Taylor stays healthy this year.. he could have a good Marshall Faulk year.

Zanagodly
08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Tom Brady is an excellent FF quaterback. Guy gets a TON of touchdowns. His yards tend to be 200-300 a game which is decent. Doesn't throw a lot of dangerous passes so his interceptions are real low. Patriots made a good move by unloading Bledsoe. Brady fits Charlie Weiss' offense better than Bledsoe, and Belichick has schemes against Bledsoe that he just can't handle. Patriots will sweep Buffalo like they did last year.

Scott
08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Zanagodly
Tom Brady is an excellent FF quaterback. Guy gets a TON of touchdowns. His yards tend to be 200-300 a game which is decent. Doesn't throw a lot of dangerous passes so his interceptions are real low. Patriots made a good move by unloading Bledsoe. Brady fits Charlie Weiss' offense better than Bledsoe, and Belichick has schemes against Bledsoe that he just can't handle. Patriots will sweep Buffalo like they did last year.

Buffalo will make it to the playoffs this year. I look for them to be a contender in a few years. Brady blows, and the only reason he's a better FF pick then Bledsoe is because Bledsoe has no offensive line to keep him protected. Bledsoe is a way better QB.

Makkah
08-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Our draft is in a week or so i think... I don't care about anything except getting McNair, George, and... RICKY WILLIAMS.

rht

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
Our draft is in a week or so i think... I don't care about anything except getting McNair, George, and... RICKY WILLIAMS.

rht

You need to be in the top 3 to get Ricky Williams unless you trade up spots.

The only sure way to get him this year is having the #1 spot.

Makkah
08-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Yup, I know this.

rht

Parkbandit
08-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Here's my team:

Park Bandits
Brady, Tom (QB-NE)
Bruce, Isaac (WR-StL)
Galloway, Joey (WR-Dal)
Gardner, Rod (WR-Was)
Green, Ahman (RB-GB)
Hilliard, Ike (WR-NYG)
Miller, Billy (TE-Hou)
Mungro, James (RB-Ind)
Northcutt, Dennis (WR-Cle)
Pollard, Marcus (TE-Ind)
Taylor, Fred (RB-Jac)
Warner, Kurt (QB-StL)
Gramatica, Martin (K-TB)
Carolina (DEF-Car)
Dallas (DEF-Dal)
Freeney, Dwight (DL-Ind)
McFarland, Anthony (DL-TB)
Parrish, Tony (DB-SF)
Rice, Simeon (DL-TB)
Surtain, Patrick (DB-Mia)

Zanagodly
08-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Ricky williams is the man. Been my favorite player since his Texas days. Just love his running style, his demeanor etc. Has a good website too where he writes journal entries. www.runrickyrun.com He's a cool shit.

Lord Deprav
08-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Kelly Holcomb rules!

Scott
08-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Just thought I would bring this back since I got screwed because Vick is a moron and got hurt. Yes, he's a moron for getting hurt. Not to mention I have Pierless price as a WR and now I'm going to have a backup QB throwing to him. DAMN preseaon! First couple weeks are going to blow.......

On second note, my first week game is against a guy who has/had Chad Pennington as starter, except he never picked up a backup and ended up taking Testaverde. Drew Brees will have to do for a couple weeks.....

We need a PC fantasy football league or something. Winner gets..... Caels for a week? Or maybe he'll be nice and give you a spiffy little new title. 5m silvers says Bob would come in last place behind Warclaidhm....

edge
08-31-2003, 06:57 PM
One injury will ruin your season. I lost the superbowl because Holmes got hurt. Got real lucky last year and had Holmes and Thomlison. They alone won weeks for me. I also never pick a WR or QB that has a QB controversy.

[Edited on 8-31-2003 by edge]

Kia
09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Hopefully I'll beat your ass this year.

Fear me!!

KIA.

peam
09-30-2003, 11:26 AM
This was a good week to have Randy Moss. :D

Sean
09-30-2003, 05:38 PM
maybe?

Soulpieced
09-30-2003, 05:49 PM
I started Peyton Manning instead of Tommy Maddox.

Soulpieced = Genius.

Askip
10-01-2003, 09:19 AM
<< I don't care about anything except getting McNair, George, >>

George? Eddie George? I'm going to bench his sorry butt this week and start Amos Zeroeue (along with Moe Williams).

Donovan McNabb sux right now too.

:D

Sean
10-01-2003, 03:30 PM
you wanna talk about sucks for a minute ... lets discuss peerless price then