PDA

View Full Version : Instant Skill Migration

Jonty
05-07-2004, 07:14 PM
As previously announced each character will be given an opportunity to instantly migrate their skills on May 20th (the traditional date of the Festival of Oleani). While there is currently no staff supported event planned for the Festival of Oleani, on this date each year characters will be granted the ability to use the FIXSKILLS command.

Step 1: Type GOALS in the command prompt to open the Skill Manager (If you are unable to use the Skill Manager, CHECK IN to the local inn and complete this process via the Character Manager).

Step 2: Adjust your skill ranks in the Skill Manager as you see fit. Click the APPLY button and go back to the game screen.

Step 3: Once you have determined that your skills are set up exactly how you want them, type FIXSKILLS in the command prompt.

Step 4: The system will prompt you to confirm your decision in the next 30 seconds by typing FIXSKILLS CONFIRM in the command prompt.

Following this process will instantly migrate all skills. Attempting to use FIXSKILLS again will prompt a message explaining that your one-time migration has already been used.

Please be aware that opportunities to use FIXSKILLS do NOT stack. If you fail to utilize the opportunity before the next opportunity arises, then you will lose it. If you have any questions on this process, please ASSIST with a GameHost before using this migration.

Brauden

This message was originally posted in Help For Players, Skill Management and Migration. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=2&topic=8&message= 327

AnticorRifling
05-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Someone translate that for me.

Does this mean if we've used FIXSKILL we get another one good for that day only?

Does it mean that we get another FIXSKILL.

WTF does it mean exactly, I'm really to tired physically and mentally to really try and understand it.

The Korean
05-07-2004, 11:44 PM
means for that day, and that day only, every year, you get to use fixskills only once. so you better be sure its what you want to do, because you're stuck with it.

Trinitis
05-08-2004, 12:01 AM
If you fail to utilize the opportunity before the next opportunity arises, then you will lose it. If you have any questions on this process, please ASSIST with a GameHost before using this migration.

This information here leads me to beleive you have use of that fixskill for 1 year..but you can use it only once.

The Korean
05-08-2004, 12:02 AM
yeah, i could be wrong....

Trinitis
05-08-2004, 12:03 AM
So I'll assist and find out :)

Check back for more info in a bit

Trinitis
05-08-2004, 12:23 AM
For anyone wondering.

/LOG

You ask, "Are we only able to use this fixskills on the date in question? Or will this option be open for one use till another fixskills is added?"
>
Mangried says, "The way it will work is that you will receive a FIXSKILLS option on teh 20th of May."
>
Mangried says, "You can either use it, or keep it in reserve."
>
Mangried says, "If you choose to keep it in reserve, if another FIXSKILLS option is granted to you, you will lose the one in reserve."

/ENDLOG

There ya go. :)

Kitsun
05-08-2004, 12:43 AM
I wish I could dig up the post that stated we would be able to store 2 FIXSKILLS in reserve. I would've friggin' bet money that someone said it.

Blazing247
05-08-2004, 01:14 AM
I want to say it was Melissa, but I'm not positive. Someone in Red most certainly stated that we could stack the FIXSKILLS. Of course, they have probably altered/deleted that post and will deny till they die that it was ever stated.

Some Rogue
05-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
I wish I could dig up the post that stated we would be able to store 2 FIXSKILLS in reserve. I would've friggin' bet money that someone said it.

Melissa did, back when the last fixskill was announced. Of course, I can't find that post anywhere now....

Jonty
05-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Oh well, apparently that has changed and they won't be stacking now. I don't blame them.... It's enough that we'll already get one instant migration a year.

Omens
05-08-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm not sure where you heard that from. But that was never the case. If you do find a post with something along the lines of that in it. I'm sure it was a thought or something from a red name. Not fact.

Nakiro
05-08-2004, 07:59 AM
It was posted by Soli, and it wasn't a gaurentee, it was a "maybe it'll be this way, but we're not sure yet" bit.

Kuyuk
05-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Someone needs to put some time in and made the stat/skill converter spreadsheet thing(tsoran's thing) on the web so fucks like me who dont have excel can use it on the web :-)

Kuyuk

Caipre
05-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Kuyuk
Someone needs to put some time in and made the stat/skill converter spreadsheet thing(tsoran's thing) on the web so fucks like me who dont have excel can use it on the web :-)

Kuyuk

Has anyone tried it with Open Office?

Kuyuk
05-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I dont have anything except notepad and wordpad.

Kuyuk

Farquar
05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Has there been any mention of extra stat re-allocations, or are the five we got all we're gonna get?

Tsoran
05-28-2004, 08:48 AM
With regards to the trainer spreadsheet and open office, yes, it will work, but several features won't be available because Open Office doesn't support either macros nor form controls.

For the person who said they don't have Open Office either: It's free. Unless you're using a computer you can't install software on, you can download it for nothing. The URL is openoffice.org or something like that; you can always Google it.

Although some of the advanced spreadsheet functions won't work, and you'll need to set things like race and profession manually, I know that many people use Open Office to use the spreadsheet. The documentation that comes with the spreadsheet tells you how to work around some of Open Office's limitations. I'd give it a shot, if you can.

Regarding the 1 or 2 fixskills, yes, someone officially stated a ways back that there would be TWO fixskills you could save. After discussions with several GM's, including Melissa, I think I understand what transpired. The reason they said that was because they originally planned on having the Oleani fixskills be stored separately from the other fixskills. That would let us have one of each (but not two Oleani fixskills, however.)

They subsequently changed the way the were going to impliment that, and there's only one type of fixskills now. Hence, you can only store one fixskills.

The bottom line is yes, they originally said two, but they changed it to one. No, nobody has been able to find the posts that said so because they're scrolled off the boards.