PDA

View Full Version : infused 1602 into my bonded maul

LizardClan1
04-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi.

I've been working on bonding to my new weapon, a 4x hcw maul.

I've reached a level 3 bond (out of 5), and was surprised that I was able to INFUSE 1602 into the maul.

So now I have a crit weighted AND flaring maul!!

Best,
-LizardClan1
AIM: LizardClan1

thefarmer
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Save your mana for Divine Strike/Judgement

Izzy
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Infusing is such a waste of time. It still costs mana, and IIRC only flares the once (until you re-infuse). If you want to cast the spell, type "prep 16XX;cast target." If you don't...don't. Don't leave it up to chance. Just sayin'.

TheLastShamurai
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Infusing is such a waste of time. It still costs mana, and IIRC only flares the once (until you re-infuse). If you want to cast the spell, type "prep 16XX;cast target." If you don't...don't. Don't leave it up to chance. Just sayin'.

Correct, it will only flare once. The worst part about infuse is that the flare happens randomly; if it were to go off on the next attack it would be a lot more useful.

GTG
04-07-2011, 06:47 PM
What also blows is you get hard RT to infuse the damn spell. If it was soft atleast you could keep it moving.

Izzy
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Correct, it will only flare once. The worst part about infuse is that the flare happens randomly; if it were to go off on the next attack it would be a lot more useful.

I don't even see how that would be helpful. You still have the cast time of infusing it in the first place, and the effect doesn't happen until after the swing. So really it's like:

I'm gonna 1615 you!
/infuse weapon
Swing ->
a) critter dies from swing anyway, no flare
b) critter dies from flare crit, could've skipped the swing
c) critter doesn't die from either, but could've been kneeling from the swing if 1615 had happened before

etc.

It seems like a cool idea at first. Then you realize that it blows hard :(

Actually having thought of it for a short moment, you *might* see some benefit if you infused right after killing something, and are looking for a new target. Then the cast RT would be a non-issue if it takes you > 3 seconds to find something new to smash, and you'd get a free cast on your next critter (assuming TLS' scenario).

Izzy
04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
What also blows is you get hard RT to infuse the damn spell. If it was soft atleast you could keep it moving.

Oh. Well that's just stupid.