PDA

View Full Version : Minor pet peeve

Farquar
05-04-2004, 10:53 PM
You know what kinda pisses me off? People who post with IC accents on the official boards. It's bad enough in game (Ise bee sellunz a cryhstal ahmulet fers fyve hunra kay). First off, these posts are hard to understand. Second, these stupid IG accents obscure and distract from the point the poster is trying to make. What is the point anyway? Do these dense people think they'll actually get an RPA for a post on the boards?

Every time I (try to) read one of these posts, I just yell out loud: WHAT A DAMN LOSER!

Nakiro
05-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Yes, it is retarded. Congrats.

Wezas
05-04-2004, 11:09 PM
I know not of what ye speak, peasant.

Farquar
05-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
I know not of what ye speak, peasant.

That I can deal with, its these other obscenely long pieces that piss me off. I'm reading the official boards now, I'll post one if I see it.

Nakiro
05-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Lookie here laddie. I'va been playin' dis here game fer longer thdan you'll evea known'. Ye bes' mind yer trap if ya think ya know what'll serve yer interests.

Tisket
05-08-2004, 12:30 AM
I realize this is about posts on the boards using accents but it hurts my head to translate some of the 'accents' used in game. Take this scottish laddie for instance...that is all, just take him somewhere, anywhere, far far away:

P>
Heindel says, "Weel dinna stey gaun lang, aa coud alwis use aa prettie fey lang shank lass aboot."
P>
Heindel says, "Dinna mak' mah huirt ye laddie aa dinna lik' ye sneak'n aboot mah back."

Well, at least the guy is RP'ing anyhoo. Just wish his RP didnt translate into my headache.

Kitsun
05-08-2004, 12:41 AM
That accent could use a tiny little tone down and it'd be fine. I wonder if he notices that it takes people 4 times as long to respond to him than anyone else heh.

Jazuela
05-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Tisket

P>
Heindel says, "Weel dinna stey gaun lang, aa coud alwis use aa prettie fey lang shank lass aboot."
P>
Heindel says, "Dinna mak' mah huirt ye laddie aa dinna lik' ye sneak'n aboot mah back."

1) Well, don't stay gone long, I could always use a pretty long-legged woman around.

2) Don't make me hurt you, boy, I don't like you sneaking around my back.

HAPPY NOW?

Vesi
05-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Accent in game = fine.

Accent in posts = annoying.

Vesi

P. S. Heindel has always talked like that. So did Geoff. Is he still around? (think I spelled that right)

HarmNone
05-08-2004, 03:39 PM
To me, it always depended on who was talking. If the character is communicating, the accent is fine. If the player is communicating, can the accent. Sometimes, what is posted on the official boards is, actually, posted from the character's point of view; therefore, the accent is not really out of place.

I rather like Heindel's accent, and never had any trouble understanding either him or Geoff.

Artha
05-08-2004, 03:39 PM
The official boards suck. The PC's where it's at.

Galleazzo
05-09-2004, 08:33 AM
I got a way I deal with those fucktard accents. I ignore them. Guy shoots a paragraph of gibble gabble at me, I zone out. Life's too short.