PDA

View Full Version : Harassment of GM Mahegh

daragon13
08-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Is it just me getting harassed and tortured by the GM Mahegh? So far my entire account has been locked for an offense only worth a warning, I have never been reported before and this is my first and he is a real jerk in my opinion. But I was just wondering if anyone else is getting harassed by him?

~Player of Dargius~

Scott
08-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by daragon13
Is it just me getting harassed and tortured by the GM Mahegh? So far my entire account has been locked for an offense only worth a warning, I have never been reported before and this is my first and he is a real jerk in my opinion. But I was just wondering if anyone else is getting harassed by him?

~Player of Dargius~

I've always hated Mahegh and Mahegh's PC. He does leave me alone, however he's a jackass and is a horrible GM.

imported_Kranar
08-04-2003, 09:02 PM
I've always been of the position that Mahegh is the worst GM Simu ever hired.

I don't know about Celtic, I mean I know they're the same, but I haven't had much encounter with Celtic to be able to say anything about him. Mahegh, however, is incredibly ill informed about his own profession (wizardry), and worst of all has gone on several power trips, including one on the amunet.

daragon13
08-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Reason why? Cause some snert named Lisu reported me for killing her in retalliation to her killing my friend in the game. Apparently she can dish is out but cant take it. Here is the chat with Mahegh I did take out the deaths thats all.

Dargius just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none

SEND[Mahegh] I'll be with you in a moment.

>"Very well.
You say, "Very well."
>pond
You ponder.
>Put my kris in my pack
You put a wavy-bladed faenor kris in your black leather pack.
>Wear my shield
You slide your black vultite shield deftly over one shoulder and it settles comfortably into place.
>
You feel at full magical power again.
>yawn
You yawn.
>"Why yes I shall sit.
You say, "Why yes I shall sit."
>sit
You sit down.
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
>

[Entering rest mode...press any key to resume.]

A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Mahegh is standing in its place.
>

[Leaving rest mode.]

look
[Consultation Lounge]
Also here: GameMaster Mahegh
>"Hello.
You say, "Hello."
>
Mahegh says, "Good evenign Dargius."
>"This about killing Lisu?
You ask, "This about killing Lisu?"
>
Mahegh asks, "Have you had the opportunity to review our policies?"
>"Yes, and I refuse to read them to be punished for roleplaying.
You say, "Yes, and I refuse to read them to be punished for roleplaying."
>nod mah
You nod to Mahegh.
>
* Wethalhalas just bit the dust!
>
Mahegh asks, "You refuse to read our policies?"
>"I refuse to be punished by being forced to read them.
You say, "I refuse to be punished by being forced to read them."
>"I have read them.
You say, "I have read them."
>shrug
You shrug.
>
Mahegh says, "Let me put this another way."
>
Mahegh says, "If you refuse to review the policies that I will assign for you to read, I will have no choice but to lock you out for unwarranted PVP."
>"It was very warranted I assure you and yes I do have proof, just bring Wichurana here.
You say, "It was very warranted I assure you and yes I do have proof, just bring Wichurana here."
>

Please read the policy file at this time by typing POLICY and the page number that you wish to read. Once you have finished reading all of the policies, a GameMaster will return to answer any questions you may have.

>
Mahegh says, "I will be back when you're through to discuss what you've read and the incident."
>"I am being punished for roleplaying?
Mahegh gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs him. When the light recedes Mahegh is no longer there.
You ask, "I am being punished for roleplaying?"
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
>"What the hell.
You say, "What the hell."
>fold
You are currently tasked with reading the POLICY file, please type "POLICY 1" to read your next unread page.
>"No.
You say, "No."
>"I will not go through this.
You say, "I will not go through this."
>"The killing was very warranted I want another GM
You say, "The killing was very warranted I want another GM"
>stand
You are currently tasked with reading the POLICY file, please type "POLICY 1" to read your next unread page.
>
* Olorhen just bit the dust!
>"I know you can hear me.
You say, "I know you can hear me."
>
* Hashum just bit the dust!
>
* Pacie just bit the dust!
>report I refuse this Punishment and request another GM
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone III staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. You may type ONDUTY to see which staff members are currently on duty. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Mahegh is standing in its place.
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
>"I refuse to speak with you on the matter, I wish another GM.
You say, "I refuse to speak with you on the matter, I wish another GM."
>
Mahegh says, "Your choices are clear, Dargius, if you would like, I will leave you here and offer an SGM referral."
>
Mahegh says, "The SGM referral will come whenever they can make it to see you."
>"This is BS for getting punished for roleplaying.
You say, "This is BS for getting punished for roleplaying."
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
>
Mahegh says, "Until that point, you will remain here."
>
Mahegh asks, "Do you wish the SGM referral?"
>"Are there any around now?
You ask, "Are there any around now?"
>who
>
Mahegh says, "No."
>"Why the hell am I getting punished for roleplaying?
You ask, "Why the hell am I getting punished for roleplaying?"
>"Lisu attacked another person in our army as an act of aggression so I retalliated.
You say, "Lisu attacked another person in our army as an act of aggression so I retalliated."
>fold
>

Mahegh asks, "Your army?"
>"She killed Wichurana
You say, "She killed Wichurana"
>"Yes I am a member of the Faendryl Expeditionary force
You say, "Yes I am a member of the Faendryl Expeditionary force"
>
Mahegh says, "Dargius, you had better read the policies, because right now, you are very close to being locked out."
>
Mahegh says, "Just based on your own admissions."
>"For roleplaying?
You ask, "For roleplaying?"
>"It was warranted.
You say, "It was warranted."
>
Mahegh asks, "Are you refusing to read the polcies?"
>"I refuse punishment, for roleplaying yes.
You say, "I refuse punishment, for roleplaying yes."
>"I will assure you all will see this
You say, "I will assure you all will see this"
>
Mahegh says, "I have requested that you be locked out from our game for a period of at least 30 days. At this point, Dargius, you have left me with no choice in the matter. Any further discussions about this will have to be with LOCKOUT@SIMUTRONICS.COM ."
>
You feel yourself being pulled away...

Reyek
08-04-2003, 09:15 PM
yup sounds like an ass

Scott
08-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
yup sounds like an ass

Not to mention, him being assigned as a GM to the wizard profession is the worst thing that ever happened to it.

Reyek
08-04-2003, 09:19 PM
but you know the other GM's will stick up for him. its a "club thing" if your in your in if not screw you type thing. if y ou want him out only thing i can think of is to write simutronics about it. but even then i doubt it would do much recourse

imported_Kranar
08-04-2003, 09:20 PM
You kind of did ask for it in that case though.

Straight-up
08-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Ok where to start. First off you got what you asked for. Disagree...ok let me break it down for you since you insist on acting like a child and hiding behind "I was RPing".

First, you could have gotten out of this in any number of ways. How you ask?
- Read Policy, then explain what happened to the GM. Making you read policy is in itself not a punishment. you might not like it, but they do it so you and they are on the same sheet of music.

I am willing to bet you could have gotten out of it with no warning by simply reading it and explaining your situation.

Next, you could have read it and said your sorry and gotten an SGM referral and dealt with someone else.

But instead of doing this, you acted like a dickhead from the very start. And by doing so you got what you deserved.

Now on to what you did in the first place. I don't know why people find it so hard to grasp one simple concept in GS. DON'T GET IN OTHER PEOPLE'S CONFLICTS.

It's pretty simple. Verbal conflicts and such are one thing, but whether you RP it or not, it is against policy to engage someone in CvC if it isn't your conflict. This problem was Wichurana's, not yours. If the problem was unconsentual...let HER handle it by going through the GMs. In that case LISU would be in the lounge and in trouble and not you. But noooo you had to start trouble and go tossing your weight around. I would be willing to bet any amount of money she is younger than you are.

I have killed MANY people in GS. I have never gotten in ANY trouble at all ever. I have been consulted several times over it. I read the policy, explained what happened to the GMs, and walked away scott free.

Face it, you were being a bully, you got caught, tried to be an ass when you were and got in trouble...and now you are whining to us? Gimme a break...I hope you don't try this shit in RL.

Straight

Straight-up
08-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Oh Yeah, you were right about Mahegh being a jackass, but in your case he didn't do a thing wrong.

Straight

Reyek
08-04-2003, 09:45 PM
true i would have read the policy too and still asked for a sgm refferal to talk about him
but thats just me

Skirmisher
08-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Your log should be titled
"How to get locked out the quick and easy way."

Could you have sabotaged yourself anymore? Not really.

daragon13
08-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Its called pride meeting up with an Power mad GM.
Good enough?

Tendarian
08-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Pride is a sad sad thing,next time swallow it and go through the channels in place and hope for the best. Realize they have the power so acting out does you no good. God forbid you ever get pulled over by the police for speeding and think you're innocent.....

Scott
08-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Tendarian
Pride is a sad sad thing,next time swallow it and go through the channels in place and hope for the best. Realize they have the power so acting out does you no good. God forbid you ever get pulled over by the police for speeding and think you're innocent.....

Pride a sad thing? Pride is a very important emotion, and I'm sorry that you yourself have no backbone and don't stand up for yourself. I will always stand up for what I believe in, no matter what the situation. In this case, I don't think it was a pride issue. However claiming pride is a "sad thing" is ridiculous.

Artha
08-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Sounds to me like you whipped out some unwanted PvP, and get angry for being punished. Maybe if you hadn't been a smart ass, you'd've gotten off with a warning.

peam
08-04-2003, 11:58 PM
I saw him throw down a pretty cool decision tonight.

Some friends and I were harassing the HS porch-dwellers, which is always fun and I highly recommend, and it ended up in a massive throwdown.

One of my friends, who really had nothing to do with the argument, but neither did half of the porch dwellers, ended up killing like six of them and got yanked.

What the conversation boiled down to was this:
Mahegh says, "I think that all of them contributed to what they got."

Fun night.

Makkah
08-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Yeah... I dealt with GM Mahegh and I must say it was the most delightful experience in my dealings with ANY of the GMs (merchants and RP events not included). He got MAD props from me tonight.

rht

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Makkah]

Tendarian
08-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Pride a sad thing? Pride is a very important emotion, and I'm sorry that you yourself have no backbone and don't stand up for yourself. I will always stand up for what I believe in, no matter what the situation. In this case, I don't think it was a pride issue. However claiming pride is a "sad thing" is ridiculous.

Your right,sticking up for yourself is important. In the sense that he used pride tho i think its foolish at best. Mouthing off to authority instead of using the proper channels is a sad sad thing. Not accepting help from those willing to help you is another foolish example in my opinion. People use pride like they use patriotism and overdue things to make a good thing bad if that makes any sense.

Edaarin
08-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Heh. Which one were you Peam? I reaaaaaaaaaaally hope you weren't Heidi, she was getting on my damn nerves.

Like I said though I'll concede that you all stayed completely in character (wasn't a big fan of the hit and runs, but whatever works I guess), and Devilslove wasn't exactly the protagonist in this case.

I'll post the log tomorrow after I clean it up at work, it's going to take awhile. Everyone should get a kick out of it, they did a really good job of getting under everyone's skin.

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Edaarin]

longshot
08-05-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Kranar
You kind of did ask for it in that case though.

kind of? This guy begged to get the shaft.

Maybe he is a shit GM, but if you did anything, you made me feel sorry for HIM with the garbage you spewed at him.

You should take your thirty days and figure out a better way to approach people of power in any situation.

edge
08-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Alright. Mahegh/Celtic is a jerk and anyone that likes him is a jerk. Why? He is only in power/GM because of the cock he takes in the mouth from the owner Whatley. He cried and made me read policy recently because I kept reporting I want another GM because he is unfair. Wait? He made me read policy because I thought of him as a jerk? Yep.

Go to Simucon. This fact will be proven. You will see Whatley begin, then you will see Celtic/Mahegh/Allen(Used car saleman. Liar) end. I never could tell where they changed. I hope he enjoyed all those rim jobs.

This jerk tried to set me up. Hell, I use to have access to GH accounts and he would say shit like. Edgeleaf is controling Alex. He was mad when I sent him that IM. Celtic did everything in his power to try and screw me. But he could not. Why? He was the stupidest jerk in Crackstone. Hell, people would tell him he was a asshole at Simucon and he would be happy about it. Now this is the person that abused enchant then lobbied for it to be changed. He’s a cheater and liar. I hope you trust him. Then you will wonder why your ass is sore afterwards.

Edge

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Kranar]

Snapp
08-05-2003, 02:11 AM
you have major issues edge...

Drew2
08-05-2003, 02:11 AM
I -think- the point of edge's last post was to say Mahegh likes to give Whatley some form of oral sex, but there was so much BS in between the big words he used ("fag" and "rimjob" ) that I got lost somewhere.

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Tayre]

Bobmuhthol
08-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Mahegh had told me to ASSIST about some idiot that was yelling, out loud, in TSC, that I would be locked out for killing him. He did this after I.. well.. didn't kill him. Mahegh pulled me and the first thing he said was, "Was there something you didn't understand about ASSISTing?" I was in the queue at the time, no GameHosts were onduty. His arrogance there was the only problem I've really ever had with him. I don't know him enough to like or hate him.

Bestatte
08-05-2003, 07:07 AM
First off, let's just say Alan (Celtic/Mahegh)'s player and I don't see eye to eye on anything. It's a given, so we'll just move on to the point now.

It looks, based only on the log that was admittedly edited (to take out death messages), that the player got exactly what he deserved and that in this case, Mahegh did -exactly- what he was supposed to do in the situation.

It is customary, in my experience, that when there is a violation or even a perceived violation, that the player read the policies that apply to the situation before discussing the situation. It saves a ton of time.

This way, if Mahegh says "the policies say that you can't do this, and you can only do that in these circumstances" - you will know exactly what he's talking about and won't make him sit there waiting while you find the policy and re-read it to make sure that what he said is accurate.

It has nothing to do with being punished, and your "refusal" to read the policies is just begging to be forced out. Gemstone isn't the USA where you have the "right to remain silent" and all that crap.

In the amount of time it took you to argue about how you wouldn't read the policy, you could've read it and been finished with the entire discussion that would happen after it. Instead, you *chose* to waste Mahegh's time, and your own, and whichever Senior GM had to be consulted to approve the lockout.

Remember, Mahegh is not a Senior GM, and doesn't have the authority to lock you out. That decision was made by a Senior GM. He asked for it, sure. But it was the Senior who made the decision and granted the authority for the lockout.

So don't be all pissy about Mahegh's forcing you to do anything. He followed procedure. You refused to follow procedure. Rather than subject the entire staff to hearing your "reports" about how you want to talk to someone else, you got locked out for 30 days. He offered to send you to a referral queue, you rejected that. He didn't have any other option but to request a lockout, and because you rejected the referral queue, the Senior had no choice but to approve the lockout.

You dug your hole and crawled into it. You'll just have to wait your 30 days until you can crawl back out.

Sucks to be you I guess, but maybe next time you'll learn to pick your battles a bit more efficiently.

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Well Said Bestatte.

And Edge.. do we have to hear your absolute hatred for this game and the GMs in every topic? Can't you put it all in a neat little topic called "Edge Hates Gemstone and here's why"?

Makkah
08-05-2003, 08:55 AM
<<And Edge.. do we have to hear your absolute hatred for this game and the GMs in every topic? Can't you put it all in a neat little topic called "Edge Hates Gemstone and here's why"?>>

You must not have read the PC for very long. That's always been edge's style... yeah it gets old.

rht

HappyGuyJr
08-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Lets get this back on track and call a spade a spade shall we?

His refusing to read policy or show even the SLIGHTEST sign of respect or understanding of the position his answering Gm was in was NOT a show of pride. Also, it had nothing to do with RP, punishment, or standing up for himself.

It was EGO plain and simple.

Pride is warranted when faced with a situation of humiliation or honor... this was neither. This was a regular, every-day, run-of-the-mill policy:

Step 1:Get pulled up
Step 2:Go along with the program
Step 3:Read policy
Step 4:Nod head and be quiet.
Step 5:Request referral
Step 6:Wait and KEEP FUCKING QUIET

Do you HONESTLY think an SGM, or even ANOTHER GM is going to do anything but laugh in your face while filling out your lockout recomendation if you act like a petulant 4 year old caught pissing on the couch??

It absolutely stupifies me how so many people in this community can have such raw talent and intelligence, and yet be so emotionally and socialy inept!

Originally posted by Tendarian

HappyGuyJr
08-05-2003, 09:52 AM
At least hes finally stopped pretending to be a 'new and enlightened' Edge, and gone back to his old and comfortable openly hateful self. It was almost sad really. Its like a magician going up on stage, showing you step by step EXACTLY how he does every single trick in his act, and then does his act anyways as if no-one knows a thing.

It's boring, predictable, and oddly creepy.

Strangely enough, I find the real Edge somehow comforting, that as long as he continues to try and blow smoke up everyones ass about how he really ISN'T a scumbag, how it's NEVER his fault, and how someone else is always to blame, all is right with the world.

Originally posted by edge
Alright. Mahegh/Celtic is a jerk and anyone that likes him is a jerk. Why? He is only in power/GM because of the cock he takes in the mouth from the owner Whatley. He cried and made me read policy recently because I kept reporting I want another GM because he is unfair. Wait? He made me read policy because I thought of him as a jerk? Yep.

Go to Simucon. This fact will be proven. You will see Whatley begin, then you will see Celtic/Mahegh/Allen(Used car saleman. Liar) end. I never could tell where they changed. I hope he enjoyed all those rim jobs.

This jerk tried to set me up. Hell, I use to have access to GH accounts and he would say shit like. Edgeleaf is controling Alex. He was mad when I sent him that IM. Celtic did everything in his power to try and screw me. But he could not. Why? He was the stupidest jerk in Crackstone. Hell, people would tell him he was a asshole at Simucon and he would be happy about it. Now this is the person that abused enchant then lobbied for it to be changed. He’s a cheater and liar. I hope you trust him. Then you will wonder why your ass is sore afterwards.

Edge

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Kranar]

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by HappyGuyJr]

longshot
08-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Bestatte used words that I forgot how to use.

This is what I really wanted to say.

You asked for the lockout.

At this point, wether or not this guy sucks as a GM is completely irrelevant after reading your log.

Giving an "edge" twist to it...

You bent over and said, "I dare you to give it to me".
And they gave it to you. All the chapstick in the world wasn't going to help you lube up...

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Heh.. it's like going up to a Cop and saying "Fuck you, you can't arrest me bityach.. I'll pop a cap in your ass"

Heh... I'm so ghetto it's scary.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-05-2003, 10:41 AM
I like Mahegh, especially when he dings the moron mystery sellers on the net. All my interactions with him have been good, his merchants, his GM, and his NPC's.

Course, I've never been banned like Edge I guess, so I have no axe to grind. And the original starter of this thread -- if you'd have read policy (not punishment -- he wanted to make sure you were informed), I bet things would have gone differently. Also, you come off as a complete prick in your snapshot.

Scott
08-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I like Mahegh, especially when he dings the moron mystery sellers on the net. All my interactions with him have been good, his merchants, his GM, and his NPC's.

Course, I've never been banned like Edge I guess, so I have no axe to grind. And the original starter of this thread -- if you'd have read policy (not punishment -- he wanted to make sure you were informed), I bet things would have gone differently. Also, you come off as a complete prick in your snapshot.

You are a wizard and you think Mahegh is a good GM? He is one of the worst things that ever happened to wizards, and I saw you complaining about enchant and such. Mahegh is the reason behind most of the shitty changes of wizards.

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 12:05 PM
[quote]You are a wizard and you think Mahegh is a good GM? He is one of the worst things that ever happened to wizards, and I saw you complaining about enchant and such. Mahegh is the reason behind most of the shitty changes of wizards.

What changes did Mahegh bring about to Wizards that are so bad? He wasn't responsible for enchant, was he? I always thought that was Altiron.

I too have never had a big issue with Celtic. He and I used to butt heads on the main boards.. but that was in my less than diplomatic stage in my life. ;) No wonder I was banned from them for a time.

Never had to interact with Mahegh in the game that I know of.. but then again, I don't get into too much trouble (believe it or not) and don't get to see too many merchants. My view may be one of nothing rather than a good or bad one.

So, what is it exactly besides completely screw Edge over :bouncy: that Mahegh did to wizards?

Solkern
08-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Blah Mahegh is one of my favorite GMs always has been nice to me, fair to me, never did anything to consult anger from me, he did his job, if you refuse to read policy you get locked out, simple and plain

Scott
08-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

[quote]You are a wizard and you think Mahegh is a good GM? He is one of the worst things that ever happened to wizards, and I saw you complaining about enchant and such. Mahegh is the reason behind most of the shitty changes of wizards.

What changes did Mahegh bring about to Wizards that are so bad? He wasn't responsible for enchant, was he? I always thought that was Altiron.

I too have never had a big issue with Celtic. He and I used to butt heads on the main boards.. but that was in my less than diplomatic stage in my life. ;) No wonder I was banned from them for a time.

Never had to interact with Mahegh in the game that I know of.. but then again, I don't get into too much trouble (believe it or not) and don't get to see too many merchants. My view may be one of nothing rather than a good or bad one.

So, what is it exactly besides completely screw Edge over :bouncy: that Mahegh did to wizards?

He's the reason boil was changed. His reasoning, "Wizard are suppose to bolt." He changed it without saying anything. It wasn't until people on the boards were flipping out did he finally respond with "nothing was changed, Boil is working as it is suppose to." However it wasn't. He said it was changed to work like it was suppose to awhile later. So basically wizards had no idea what the hell was going on. When he changed boil, a spell that was figured out and remained the same for years, he refused to tell us what the factors for the new boil was. You don't change a spell which has remained the same for years, and expect people to figure it out over. (not to mention boil blows now).......

He was behind the change of enchant (as were a lot more.) Altirion isn't really the person that makes all the stupid moves, he just has no backbone to stand up and say "no this change sucks." Mahegh was against the change to mana leech because it hurt his 130 train PC, even though it helped 90% of wizards. He changes wizards as long as it works for his PC. He makes it harder and harder for wizards to hunt. The sad part is, if you see him hunt.... He hunts with 10x crap, like 100+ in DB items, and EVERY spell. This includes, Heroism, Walls, Bravery, Self Control, Alkars, all the common spells IE blues, dims, etc. and of coarse every wizard spell. When I posted a log of when I 405'd Celtic on the official boards of his PC (I of coarse editted out the name) and showed how he used every spell, he deleted it from the boards. He had been babbling about how he never needed outside spells to hunt......

Celtic is the worst GM ever hired by Gemstone, not because he rips of Edge, but because he destory's the wizard profession.

EDITED: Just edited because can't spell sometimes.....

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Gemstone101]

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Normally when a player moves to becoming a GM, he/she rarely ever plays their main PC anymore. I doubt his decisions have anything to do with how he will be able to hunt with Celtic and what advantages he will then have over other wizards.

I don't read the official boards anymore so I can't really say anything about what he posts. If what you claim really happened.. that's ashame. Communication with your customers should be pretty open, especially if it affects them like this change did.

Many spells get downtweaked from time to time... DC and weed come to my mind right now. I think boil was overpowered before (only againt PCs though.. it's always been pretty useless as a hunting spell) and if it was changed the way you claim here.. then that does kind of suck.

Scott
08-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Normally when a player moves to becoming a GM, he/she rarely ever plays their main PC anymore. I doubt his decisions have anything to do with how he will be able to hunt with Celtic and what advantages he will then have over other wizards.

I don't read the official boards anymore so I can't really say anything about what he posts. If what you claim really happened.. that's ashame. Communication with your customers should be pretty open, especially if it affects them like this change did.

Many spells get downtweaked from time to time... DC and weed come to my mind right now. I think boil was overpowered before (only againt PCs though.. it's always been pretty useless as a hunting spell) and if it was changed the way you claim here.. then that does kind of suck.

I don't mind spells being changed, BUT TELL US IT'S CHANGED! Then, when we wonder why the spell absolutely BLOWS, don't say "It wasn't changed" when it was.

imported_Kranar
08-05-2003, 01:53 PM
<< Normally when a player moves to becoming a GM, he/she rarely ever plays their main PC anymore. I doubt his decisions have anything to do with how he will be able to hunt with Celtic and what advantages he will then have over other wizards. >>

I've seen Celtic around many times after he became a GM TRYING to hunt in the rift. It's absolutely insane because Sintik is right... Celtic speaks as if his PC is representative of wizards, and then you see him ingame and he has every spell in the book along with over +100 DS in DB items (hell he has a 10x DB cloak) and he still dies.

Taernath
08-05-2003, 02:44 PM
How can he hunt in the rift with outside spells?

HappyGuyJr
08-05-2003, 02:57 PM
He is in posession of several very nice self chargers and no danger rechargers.. [sigh] I have to admit.. he's got nice stuff

Originally posted by Taernath
How can he hunt in the rift with outside spells?

Parkbandit
08-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Kranar
I've seen Celtic around many times after he became a GM TRYING to hunt in the rift. It's absolutely insane because Sintik is right... Celtic speaks as if his PC is representative of wizards, and then you see him ingame and he has every spell in the book along with over +100 DS in DB items (hell he has a 10x DB cloak) and he still dies.

I've never accused Celtic of being a good hunter. :)

Kurili
08-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Mahegh is no longer on WHO as on-duty, Celtic is logged in. No, he is not one who abandons his main PC now that he is a GM

imported_Kranar
08-05-2003, 03:51 PM
<< How can he hunt in the rift with outside spells? >>

The rift is well... quasi-selfcast. You can technically enter the hunting ground with outside spells, but sometimes they get dispelled on planes 1-4. On plane 5 they rarely get dispelled ever.

Warriorbird
08-05-2003, 03:54 PM
While I've got issues with Mahegh, and especially one of his merchants....

I totally don't understand why Dargius is complaining here, other than complete and utter ignorance of policy. Mahegh was being tame.

GS4Gurl
08-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Mahegh paid good money to be with Lisu! Of course youre locked out you interrupted them many times you dolt! Dont you know anything!?

Seriously though why does he have to wait till AFTER he reads policy to explain his side of the situation? It wont change what happened at all. He can read the damn policy later. Magegh didnt want to deal with it so he didnt. End of story. Lock the guy out and be done with it. Lazy Lazy Lazy.

Kurili
08-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Considering other circumstances around the whole thing, like why could he not be bothered to answer the report/assist of the char Lisu killed just prior....I think you're right, GS4Gurl

Askip
08-05-2003, 06:31 PM
<< On plane 5 they rarely get dispelled ever. >>

Can you use rubbables in the Rift?

Thanks,
Askip

imported_Kranar
08-05-2003, 07:35 PM
<< Can you use rubbables in the Rift? >>

Of course, ruby amulets or blue crystals and so on. You can even have someone cast the spell on you if you want.

Back
08-05-2003, 09:21 PM
By GS4Gurl

Mahegh paid good money to be with Lisu! Of course youre locked out you interrupted them many times you dolt! Dont you know anything!?

chuckle. First thing I thought when the topic started. Things might have been very different if you put out, Darigus.

Methais
08-05-2003, 11:17 PM
<<He was behind the change of enchant (as were a lot more.) Altirion isn't really the person that makes all the stupid moves, he just has no backbone to stand up and say "no this change sucks.">>

Actually that's not the case either. The problem is Warden, not Altiron. I'm sure Altiron has said "no this change sucks" and Warden responded with "well too fucking bad you're gonna take it up the ass and like it!"

As for Mahegh, he's a CE GM and has nothing to do with any wizard coding as far as I know. An influence perhaps, but not a GM that can just change a wizard spell at whim.

Methais
08-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Oh, and outside spells in the rift won't last for more than a couple minutes at most. I think you meant Old Ta'Faendryl, not rift. Celtic doesn't hunt the rift anymore anyway, or at least hardly ever if he still learns there. Forgot what level he is.

imported_Kranar
08-05-2003, 11:24 PM
<< I'm sure Altiron has said "no this change sucks" and Warden responded with "well too fucking bad you're gonna take it up the ass and like it!" >>

Warden had nothing to do with enchant. The plans for enchant were underway back when GM Banthis was around, before GM Altiron became in charge of wizards. The GM who was supposed to work on enchant, however, went AWOL and so Altiron was given the project.

Altiron took forever to get to work on it, close to 4 years and then as Edge said, Ciston bought a private workshop, and within the week enchant was disabled.

Scott
08-05-2003, 11:32 PM
<<As for Mahegh, he's a CE GM and has nothing to do with any wizard coding as far as I know. An influence perhaps, but not a GM that can just change a wizard spell at whim.>>>

I know you were on the boards talking about changing boil. That wasn't a spell that was changed out of the middle on nowhere? There was no warning, we weren't even told it was changed for a while....

Methais
08-05-2003, 11:43 PM
<< Warden had nothing to do with enchant. The plans for enchant were underway back when GM Banthis was around, before GM Altiron became in charge of wizards.>>

I'm not talking about enchant, I'm talking about changes in general, such as the 517 nerf.

<< I know you were on the boards talking about changing boil. That wasn't a spell that was changed out of the middle on nowhere? There was no warning, we weren't even told it was changed for a while.... >>

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that Mahegh wasn't the one that changed it. He's a CE GM, not a DEV GM. CE GMs don't mess with stuff like that. Though that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have any influence with Altiron in changing it....but who knows.

Scott
08-05-2003, 11:52 PM
He was behind the change to boil, he even said so.

Methais
08-06-2003, 12:51 AM
When and where did he say this? I'd bet heavily against that.

Revalos
08-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Damnit, am I too late for the Mahegh hatefest?

My main irritation with him lies in his complete disregard for the Ranger Guild after he booted all the players who had been working on it out. (see
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=397)

I loved all the promises that he made about amazing new things for the guild that would be coming. Then...nothing. That's the definition of asshole to me.

But in regards to the lockout? That log sounded to me like those episodes of COPS when they pull over a lady on her way to work and she goes ballistic on them for making her late. Then she whines after she's cuffed in the back of a squadcar.

SpunGirl
08-06-2003, 01:27 AM
GS4Gurl and someone else mentioned this.

It has nothing to do with being lazy, as someone else stated, it simply helps so that when they go to discuss the situation, both the GM and the player are ON THE SAME PAGE. It makes perfect sense to me, that way they can answer more referrals and get more stuff done. It's efficient. If a GM is going to reference policy during a discussion, it's a lot easier if the player has JUST read that portion of the policy. Then there's no argument, see?

GM Mahgeh was less than nice to me in a SEND once, more rude than I thought necessary, but oh well. Even if he is the worlds biggest jerk, most GMs just let it roll off if people talk smack about them. There are a few crybabies, but not many.

And in this instance, I don't see how he did anything "harassing."

-K

edge
08-06-2003, 04:18 AM
Celtic likes being an asshole. He takes great pride and pleasure in it. Ask anyone that has told him this to his face. He smiles and gets a kick out of the monkies/sheep. Next time kick him in his balls, then you will realize hes not a man. But she will think its funny and ban you.

edge

HappyGuyJr
08-06-2003, 04:28 AM
Which is something I don't understand Edge... you LIVE for being an asshole... so why aren't the 2 of you bestest buddies?

Originally posted by edge
Celtic likes being an asshole. He takes great pride and pleasure in it. Ask anyone that has told him this to his face. He smiles and gets a kick out of the monkies/sheep. Next time kick him in his balls, then you will realize hes not a man. But she will think its funny and ban you.

edge

GS4Gurl
08-06-2003, 04:31 AM
But see in that log between the GM and the other guy...the other guy stated that he already read the policies. He stated that he knew the rules already. So why should he have to waste both their time by having to go back and read it again? I think he (Mahegh) was just using the "you better read the policy now cuz I said so" thing "I have read the policy" why couldnt Mahegh say okay and then get right to the point and then simply let the guy state his side of it? I mean cmon it would have been settled a little more professionally and maturely on both sides if the GM wasnt being a powertripping ass. The GM was like "fine you wont bow and kiss my ass and do what I said then your out!" Thats the impression I got, anyway. Again, the dude already read it what would be the point in making him do it AGAIN other than being a total dickhead?

Bobmuhthol
08-06-2003, 04:34 AM
I've read the policy over twenty times. Roughly ten were forced. It's too bad Dargius doesn't have the patience to just run a script that reads a page, waits, and reads the next page. I've never complained about reading the policy because it's nothing to complain about.

imported_Kranar
08-06-2003, 04:40 AM
<< I mean cmon it would have been settled a little more professionally and maturely on both sides if the GM wasnt being a powertripping ass. The GM was like "fine you wont bow and kiss my ass and do what I said then your out!" >>

That would have been possible but Daragon's attitude showed a clear lack of understanding of the policy. Mahegh asked if Daragon had already read the policy, if Daragon simply answered "Yes I have." then he would have been cleared. But because Daragon stated that he would refuse to read the policy, Mahegh was left with no choice but to tell him to either re-read it, or get banned.

Daragon in this case provoked Mahegh's reaction. He stood up and basically said "Screw you Mahegh, you can't touch me."

Mahegh simply responded to that by saying "Ciao."

HappyGuyJr
08-06-2003, 04:44 AM
GS4Gurl... it's just yet ANOTHER addition to the ever growing list of 'policy steps' that must be done each and every time for the system to EVER have any actual effectiveness.

Which would you rather have...? "Wasting" 15 seconds in hitting a few keys and nodding quietly or while mumbling "uh-huh", or wasting 30 days on a lockout?

Please... its like saying "Im not going to wipe my ass after I crap anymore, cause im only going to have to do it again in a day or so." :roll:

There are some things you simply do each and every time.. "just because", while it also keeps up & coming 'ne'er-do-wells' from falling back on the "I didn't know... they didn't make me read policy, so how could I know?"

Originally posted by GS4Gurl
But see in that log between the GM and the other guy...the other guy stated that he already read the policies. He stated that he knew the rules already. So why should he have to waste both their time by having to go back and read it again? I think he (Mahegh) was just using the "you better read the policy now cuz I said so" thing "I have read the policy" why couldnt Mahegh say okay and then get right to the point and then simply let the guy state his side of it? I mean cmon it would have been settled a little more professionally and maturely on both sides if the GM wasnt being a powertripping ass. The GM was like "fine you wont bow and kiss my ass and do what I said then your out!" Thats the impression I got, anyway. Again, the dude already read it what would be the point in making him do it AGAIN other than being a total dickhead?

Parkbandit
08-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Daragon was acting like a pompus ass with no manners in HIS own log. Lord only knows what was edited out.

I am sure all GMs have procedures they need to go through in these type of situations. Step #1 - Bring the player up. Step #2 - Tell him to read policy.

It was clear from the beginning that Daragon was simply going to be an ass during this encounter. To begin with, he was brought up to the lounge for a reason and like Mahegh or not.. he did his job.

One less jackass in the game for 30 days. Hopefully he will learn his lesson and change.. or simply leave.

longshot
08-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by HappyGuyJr

Please... its like saying "Im not going to wipe my ass after I crap anymore, cause im only going to have to do it again in a day or so." :roll:

That is a gem. Can I use that?

StrayRogue
08-06-2003, 10:43 AM
No, he's selling his characters I believe.

Kurili
08-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Who's selling his characters?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Someone who's been locked out, do you have to pay your monthly subscription fee?

Doesn't seem like they could legally require that, just curious.

HappyGuyJr
08-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Does it matter? Are you actually interrested in buying ANY characters that may be on a GM's shitlist, or allready on or serving lockout??

NO THANK YOU please :(

StrayRogue
08-06-2003, 01:30 PM
How the fuck do you know? Erm you don't. Most likely the same as your fucking trailer trash mother doesn't know the identity of your pot-bellied excuse for a genetic dad.

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, "Awww my little Miracle...you know what would be a miracle...if I could remember your daddy's name...I'll just have to call you truck driver jnr".

Scott
08-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Someone who's been locked out, do you have to pay your monthly subscription fee?

Doesn't seem like they could legally require that, just curious.

No you do not

daragon13
08-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
No, he's selling his characters I believe.

Wrong, you dumbass. I would never sell my characters. If anything I would simply delete them. And as for me doing something wrong to get pulled away in the first place, only thing I did was roleplay and killed a Snert named Lisu in the process.

~The great terror is still upon us~

CrystalTears
08-06-2003, 03:48 PM
But you interferred in something that had nothing to do with you. What did Lisu do to you personally that merited getting killed? And saying she hurt someone you know doesn't cut it.

[Edited on 8/6/2003 by CrystalTears]

StrayRogue
08-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Dumbass, me the dumbass!? Ha! It wasn't me bending over and taking a shafting from a GM because I was so blinded by retardation I could read a fucking few lines on a computer screen. I thought it was Solkern, who had this problem because in all honesty I don't ever remember snerty little punks like yourself.

I bet the reason you killed Lisu was because you paid her a million or something for a blow then found out she was a he. Fucking loser.

So anyway, sorry Solkern for mixing you up with a complete "smeghead".

Kurili
08-06-2003, 04:47 PM
BY the way, Strayrogue...although it wasnt something that should have been done, and I wish he hadnt...he killed Lisu AFTER she killed MY char...blue crystal and all...over a disagreement over HER poaching. Which I'm told by other people she does a lot of.

daragon13
08-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Dumbass, me the dumbass!? Ha! It wasn't me bending over and taking a shafting from a GM because I was so blinded by retardation I could read a fucking few lines on a computer screen. I thought it was Solkern, who had this problem because in all honesty I don't ever remember snerty little punks like yourself.

I bet the reason you killed Lisu was because you paid her a million or something for a blow then found out she was a he. Fucking loser.

So anyway, sorry Solkern for mixing you up with a complete "smeghead".

It was a single bent silver get it right. And part of the reason was cause she gave me your jumping crabs. Loser?
~The Time for Redemption has passed~

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by Kranar]

Artha
08-06-2003, 04:59 PM
You sound like an idiot. Good riddance, for 30 days.

StrayRogue
08-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Fair enough Kurili. But you never ever ever get other people to kill someone who kills you. Everyone always knows someone more older or has a bigger account or whatever. Plus I think its nearing the sadness of justing logging in your older character simply to do em over.

edge
08-07-2003, 03:55 PM
I would always log in the rogue to rob em blind. That violation pissed off people more then just killing them.... Just whisper later on. Thanks for all the gems.

edge

Kurili
08-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Fair enough Kurili. But you never ever ever get other people to kill someone who kills you. Everyone always knows someone more older or has a bigger account or whatever. Plus I think its nearing the sadness of justing logging in your older character simply to do em over.

Posting against my better judgement here...I did NOT ask him to kill her, in fact I said NOT to. I know he'll agree I said that. Just a big mess

SpunGirl
08-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Wait. You asked him NOT to kill her? Then he's a bigger dumbass than we all thought.

The best course YOU could have taken would be to report the killing right away. Lisu would have been the one who got in trouble, and it would have been better all around.

By the way, banned guy, you're REALLY showcasing your intelligence with all your junior-high insults. If it were possible, I'd petition Simu to stretch your ban to 3,000 days instead of just 30.

-K

StrayRogue
08-11-2003, 12:45 PM
He's leaving apparently. Rejoice!

daragon13
08-11-2003, 04:00 PM
He's leaving apparently. Rejoice!

Nah, I think I will stay now, just cause I can't have you being too happy.

~The great terror is upon us~

StrayRogue
08-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Good. I love beating/stealing retards who don't know the first thing when it comes to RP or sense or Intelligence. Please, for my sake, stay.

daragon13
08-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Good. I love beating/stealing retards who don't know the first thing when it comes to RP or sense or Intelligence. Please, for my sake, stay.

Hmm let's see. You hate people who don't know how to roleplay, but you are gonna do stuff to me because of OOG reasons? Hmm sounds hypocritical to me. But if I see you stealing from, just remember I do kill dumbass thieves. :D

StrayRogue
08-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh sorry I forgot I can't, your dumbass character is on lockout. And for the record I steal off anyone I "feel" like stealing off.

daragon13
08-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Oh sorry I forgot I can't, your dumbass character is on lockout. And for the record I steal off anyone I "feel" like stealing off.

But what you are implying is when I am in the game you are going to attempt to. All for OOC reasons. and my character wont be locked out forever. And just for the record you can steal from whoever you want, but if I catch you, I can kill any thief I want. :D

CrystalTears
08-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Dargius - As far as you know they are OOC reasons. I'm sure a rogue can figure out an IC reason to steal off ANYONE. So go lie down and figure out the way to behave when someone who has the power to turn your beloved character into a fond memory tells you to read something that takes a whopping minute to do.

And StrayRogue, quit feeding the trolls. Let it go. :P

daragon13
08-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Dargius - As far as you know they are OOC reasons. I'm sure a rogue can figure out an IC reason to steal off ANYONE. So go lie down and figure out the way to behave when someone who has the power to turn your beloved character into a fond memory tells you to read something that takes a whopping minute to do.

And StrayRogue, quit feeding the trolls. Let it go. :P

Aahh another idiot joins the fray.:D

CrystalTears
08-11-2003, 05:15 PM
See what I mean? Messing with people who have the power to get rid of you. You're not bright are ya?

(No, not using that as a threat. I just think it's funny he likes to ride on the wild side with authority. I'd hate to see how he's going to live his adult life. Get used to bars, buddy.)

daragon13
08-11-2003, 05:18 PM
See what I mean? Messing with people who have the power to get rid of you. You're not bright are ya?

(No, not using that as a threat. I just think it's funny he likes to ride on the wild side with authority. I'd hate to see how he's going to live his adult life. Get used to bars, buddy.)

Okay that is kinda funny I will give you that but you do not know me at all. heh. I have yet to get behind bars. and I have been an adult for atleast 5 years now. <G> I recommend you quit before you make yourself look more like a dumbass.:smilegrin:

Bobmuhthol
08-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Stop using smilies every time you post/insult someone, cheerleader.

daragon13
08-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Stop using smilies every time you post/insult someone, cheerleader.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Methais
08-11-2003, 10:49 PM
<<I recommend you quit before you make yourself look more like a dumbass.>>

You mean you haven't noticed what a dumbass you've been making out of yourself since the start of this thread?

Skirmisher
08-11-2003, 11:23 PM

Hmm let's see. You hate people who don't know how to roleplay, but you are gonna do stuff to me because of OOG reasons? Hmm sounds hypocritical to me. But if I see you stealing from, just remember I do kill dumbass thieves. :D

Yeah! And all his knights will kill you too.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Methais
<<I recommend you quit before you make yourself look more like a dumbass.>>

You mean you haven't noticed what a dumbass you've been making out of yourself since the start of this thread?

Hehe, if that is true, there certainly are alotta dumbasses lowering themselves to my level now aren't there? hmm. But I understand, that minimum wage job at mcdonald's must be hard on them, so if they wanna take it out on me it's fine. :D

Meos
08-12-2003, 12:07 AM
Getting involved in PvP conflicts that don't involve you is against game policy. Didn't we learn anything from this.....

Anti-Disneystone

Bobmuhthol
08-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Maybe you've never worked for McDonald's. You get about 150% of minimum wage.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Maybe you've never worked for McDonald's. You get about 150% of minimum wage.

Nope sorry. Never had to say "Would you like fries with that sir?" :D

Methais
08-12-2003, 12:53 AM
<<Hehe, if that is true, there certainly are alotta dumbasses lowering themselves to my level now aren't there?>>

Lowering themselves to your level....that's fair enough, since you seem to realize the ass you're making of yourself by that statement.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 01:11 AM
<<Hehe, if that is true, there certainly are alotta dumbasses lowering themselves to my level now aren't there?>>

Lowering themselves to your level....that's fair enough, since you seem to realize the ass you're making of yourself by that statement.

I take great pride in my abilities of being an asshole. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 01:46 AM
Dargius, this comes from a complete outsider. I read this thread. And I must say.

YOU SOUND LIKE A DUMB ASS.

This is in no way a personal attack. But maybe you ought to reevaluate your ways. You remind me of some people I worked with when I was doing security for General Motors: Guys that couldn't make the cut and get into the military. So what did they do? Got a job doing security, so they could wear the uniform and have authority.

Some authority, moron.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
Dargius, this comes from a complete outsider. I read this thread. And I must say.

YOU SOUND LIKE A DUMB ASS.

This is in no way a personal attack. But maybe you ought to reevaluate your ways. You remind me of some people I worked with when I was doing security for General Motors: Guys that couldn't make the cut and get into the military. So what did they do? Got a job doing security, so they could wear the uniform and have authority.

Some authority, moron.

Read the posts I was attacked first, I am merely defending myself. And no in fact the Military wants me. Scored too high on all their tests I suppose. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 02:20 AM
You got locked out, felt wronged, posted it... apparently looking for an opinion. You got that opinion, and didn't like it, an subsequently started squealing like a kitten.

?!

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:21 AM
You got locked out, felt wronged, posted it... apparently looking for an opinion. You got that opinion, and didn't like it, an subsequently started squealing like a kitten.

?!

Being Criticized is one thing Child, being bashed is another. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Sounds like wisdom to me.

You should re-read your last post and take it to heart. I doubt anyone's bashing you. Your character, maybe...

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:38 AM
Sounds like wisdom to me.

You should re-read your last post and take it to heart. I doubt anyone's bashing you. Your character, maybe...

Or maybe you should re-read, many have attacked my personal Persona as well, so therefore I have to defend it. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 06:20 AM
It didn't seem so off base to me. Most of the folks involved have a consistent presence on these boards, and they don't seem like the sort of folk to just randomly decide to not like someone. Then again, maybe they are. Dunno.

Either way, my point is you may want to try a different approach. Because it's YOU that's coming off like a jerk.

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Dargius, you came to these boards and started a thread about a GM many people can't stand and agreed with you.. up until you posted your log of what happened. People then turned and said you were the one at fault for that. You didn't like the answer and have been whining about it ever since. If you don't like the opinions you receive, don't open yourself up to it.

Methais
08-12-2003, 10:07 AM
<<I take great pride in my abilities of being an asshole.>>

I didn't say anything about being an asshole. There's a big difference between being an asshole and making an ass out of yourself.

You've been doing the latter the whole time, even in your attempts to act like an asshole, all you do is make yourself look stupid to the point of Klaive-ness..

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Dargius, you came to these boards and started a thread about a GM many people can't stand and agreed with you.. up until you posted your log of what happened. People then turned and said you were the one at fault for that. You didn't like the answer and have been whining about it ever since. If you don't like the opinions you receive, don't open yourself up to it.

I didn't start being a jerk til others started bashing me, I didn't mind the answer to my post. But when people start the bashing, that is when i started dishing it out. :D

Parkbandit
08-12-2003, 03:43 PM
[i]Originally posted by daragon13

I didn't start being a jerk til others started bashing me, I didn't mind the answer to my post. But when people start the bashing, that is when i started dishing it out. :D

Your actions in the Lounge were that of a 10 year old saying "I don't have to, so there".

Your thread was initiated by you claiming Harassment on Mahegh's part.. when in fact he handled you perfectly.

You were acting like a child and should have been put over his knee and spanked like one.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:46 PM

[i]Originally posted by daragon13

Your actions in the Lounge were that of a 10 year old saying "I don't have to, so there".

Your thread was initiated by you claiming Harassment on Mahegh's part.. when in fact he handled you perfectly.

You were acting like a child and should have been put over his knee and spanked like one.

He had poor customer Service skills. Had he answered my question I would have read the policy. :D

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Mahegh asks, "Have you had the opportunity to review our policies?"
You say, "Yes, and I refuse to read them to be punished for roleplaying."
You nod to Mahegh.
Mahegh asks, "You refuse to read our policies?"
You say, "I refuse to be punished by being forced to read them."
You say, "I have read them."
You shrug.
Mahegh says, "Let me put this another way."
Mahegh says, "If you refuse to review the policies that I will assign for you to read, I will have no choice but to lock you out for unwarranted PVP."
You say, "It was very warranted I assure you and yes I do have proof, just bring Wichurana here."

And had you done as he asked you the first time of reading policy, he would have answered your question and this wouldn't even be an issue. You were being subordinate. Heck if you would have just said "Yes I've read the policy and understand them" when he asked, again, you would have been spared this humiliation.

[Edited on 8/12/2003 by CrystalTears]

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:55 PM
And had you done as he asked you the first time of reading policy, he would have answered your question and this wouldn't even be an issue. Heck if you would have just said "Yes I've read the policy" when you asked, again, spared this humiliation.

Reason I refused to? Because I am not a fucking trained monkey like so many of you. Thank you. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 03:59 PM
This is kind of like when a friend of mine got thrown off the school bus in Junior High.

He was eventually told that riding the bus wasn't his RIGHT, it was his PRIVELIDGE.

For those of you who can't play by the rules, your privelidges get revoked. You tempted fate, you got what was coming to you, and my personal opinion of the particular GM that gave it to you has risen a few notches.

Trained monkeys... or good citizens?

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Nice logic there. Good luck telling that to a cop that you're not a trained monkey and don't need to follow rules.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:04 PM
This is kind of like when a friend of mine got thrown off the school bus in Junior High.

He was eventually told that riding the bus wasn't his RIGHT, it was his PRIVELIDGE.

For those of you who can't play by the rules, your privelidges get revoked. You tempted fate, you got what was coming to you, and my personal opinion of the particular GM that gave it to you has risen a few notches.

Trained monkeys... or good citizens?

No here is what really makes me mad about the situation. It was my first offense in the 8 years I played. And they let repeat offenders off the hook. It is a bunch of BS and lousy Customer Service. And it should be a right, We pay them, not the opposite. Being a citizen is far different case scenario then being a Customer. Thank you. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 04:06 PM
If you didn't want to get locked out you shouldn't have played the self-confident asshole game.

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Perhaps because the repeat offenders follow rules and procedures and aren't complete egomaniacs with the GMs? Ya think?

SpunGirl
08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Heh. I personally liked the "I've been an adult for at least five years now." The way he stated that, it left me wondering WHAT he was basing his adult-hood on.

Was it when his mother, at age 28, told him, "You're an adult, move out of my basement for chrissakes!" That was five years ago, so following that reasoning, I'm sure the thinks he's been an adult for 'at least' five years.

And you can score "too high" on all the military tests you want to, but you're clearly missing that nice pinch of common sense along with a dash of understanding of normal cause and effect relationships.

Come to think of it, does the genius-bragging sound like someone else I remember? He's probably lying.

-K

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by SpunGirl]

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Nice logic there. Good luck telling that to a cop that you're not a trained monkey and don't need to follow rules.

A cop is a different story. You are comparing apples to oranges. Again you cannot compare a government to a business. In many ways it maybe similar, but it all comes out different. :D

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Heh. I personally liked the "I've been an adult for at least five years now." The way he stated that, it left me wondering WHAT he was basing his adult-hood on.

Was it when his mother, at age 28, told him, "You're an adult, move out of my basement for chrissakes!" That was five years ago, so following that reasoning, I'm sure the thinks he's been an adult for 'at least' five years.

And you can score "too high" on all the military tests you want to, but you're clearly missing that nice pinch of common sense along with a dash of understanding of normal cause and effect relationships.

Come to think of it, does the genius-bragging sound like someone else I remember? He's probably lying.

-K

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by SpunGirl]

What was that I heard? <SpunGirl : Gulp>
Yep. So anyways you are telling me I am not an adult and I am a liar? Lemme tell you something miss pursed lips, you do not know me at all. So blow me. :D

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 04:16 PM
A rule is a rule. It's something you follow in order to be able to do something. If you don't follow it, you can't do it, I don't care if it's the cops, the people who run a game, the people who run ANY business.. it's their rules and if you want to do business with them, you do it their way for the system to work. It seems you just want to be jerk about the issue and make more headache for everyone instead of just spending the lousy minute to get the policy reading out of the way.

SpunGirl
08-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Again, your insults and comebacks are showcasing your intelligence far better than I could have imagined.

He told me to blow him! ::runs off crying::

Maybe you could have made the GM cry, too, if you had said the same thing to him. But considering he banned you, and YOU'RE the one whining about it, I'd say your understanding of what angers people and what they laugh at is also lacking.

-K

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:19 PM
A rule is a rule. It's something you follow in order to be able to do something. If you don't follow it, you can't do it, I don't care if it's the cops, the people who run a game, the people who run ANY business.. it's their rules and if you want to do business with them, you do it their way for the system to work. It seems you just want to be jerk about the issue and make more headache for everyone instead of just spending the lousy minute to get the policy reading out of the way.

Or maybe, just maybe, I wanted to know exactly why I was being punished before I did the punishment. Gah I bet your a damn democrat too. :D

SpunGirl
08-12-2003, 04:23 PM
"Or maybe, just maybe, I wanted to know exactly why I was being punished before I did the punishment. Gah I bet your a damn democrat too. "

You wanted the GM to take your word for it that you'd read the policy. Fine. Looks like you'll just have to take his word for it that you were wrong, and now you're banned. Haha.

Piss and moan all you want, Daragon, but when it all comes right down to it YOU are the one who had to bend over and take it up the ass. YOU are the one who is banned. To that I just have to say,

Ha,
ha,
ha.

-K

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:32 PM
"Or maybe, just maybe, I wanted to know exactly why I was being punished before I did the punishment. Gah I bet your a damn democrat too. "

You wanted the GM to take your word for it that you'd read the policy. Fine. Looks like you'll just have to take his word for it that you were wrong, and now you're banned. Haha.

Piss and moan all you want, Daragon, but when it all comes right down to it YOU are the one who had to bend over and take it up the ass. YOU are the one who is banned. To that I just have to say,

Ha,
ha,
ha.

-K

Your still talking?

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Reading policy is not punishment, just a delay in getting your problem resolved. You refusing to cooperate is what got you punished.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Reading policy is not punishment, just a delay in getting your problem resolved. You refusing to cooperate is what got you punished.

Reading the policy is punishment. :D

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 04:38 PM
So is having to hear your whining. :rolleyes:

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:41 PM
So is having to hear your whining. :rolleyes:

I love you too. :D

Jack
08-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I think the main problem here is your belief that reading policy is used as a form of punishment. Having you read the policy ensures that you and the GM are on the same page. It saves the GM time, because he/she doesn't have to spend their time explaining it to you. Once you've read it, then you can move on to discussing how you broke, or did not break policy. Since you refused to read it, the GM was left with no recourse but to lock you out. It's all on your shoulders here, it was your decision not to read it. Get over it, and grow up.

-Jack

SpunGirl
08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Very well said, Jack, but we've been saying that for the last six pages or so. His problem is that he doesn't listen and he's too stupid to understand normal logic and common sense.

-K

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Very well said, Jack, but we've been saying that for the last six pages or so. His problem is that he doesn't listen and he's too stupid to understand normal logic and common sense.

-K

Actually Jack is right, however, you people have been bashing me, not telling me anything, only provoking. :D

SpunGirl
08-12-2003, 05:06 PM
"First, you could have gotten out of this in any number of ways. How you ask?
- Read Policy, then explain what happened to the GM. Making you read policy is in itself not a punishment. you might not like it, but they do it so you and they are on the same sheet of music. " -Posted by Straight-Up, page one.

"It looks, based only on the log that was admittedly edited (to take out death messages), that the player got exactly what he deserved and that in this case, Mahegh did -exactly- what he was supposed to do in the situation. " -Posted by Bestatte, page two

"While I've got issues with Mahegh, and especially one of his merchants....
I totally don't understand why Dargius is complaining here, other than complete and utter ignorance of policy. Mahegh was being tame." -Posted by Warriorbird, page two.

I see quite a bit of telling you "something," not "bashing," and definitely not "provoking" here. And this is just a SMALL sample of what's on the first two pages! Sure, you HAVE been bashed, but that was only after you insisted on continuing your little whiner tirade after people didnt' agree with you. Poor baby.

-K

daragon13
08-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Damn, you took out the bouncy girl. :(

SpunGirl
08-12-2003, 05:10 PM
See. Now THAT'S off-topic.

-K

Methais
08-13-2003, 01:46 AM
<< No here is what really makes me mad about the situation. It was my first offense in the 8 years I played. And they let repeat offenders off the hook. It is a bunch of BS and lousy Customer Service. And it should be a right, We pay them, not the opposite. Being a citizen is far different case scenario then being a Customer. Thank you. -dargius>>

Ok first off, it's their fucking game, they can kick you out for any reason they want to. Andraste could warp you to the lounge and say "We think you have a small dick in RL so we're going to ban you", and guess what? You can't do shit about it because policy basically states that they can ban you for anything they want. Ever been in a store with a sign that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"? Same applies here, which includes "We reserve the right to ban stupid ignorant asswipes like you"

<< A cop is a different story. You are comparing apples to oranges. Again you cannot compare a government to a business. In many ways it maybe similar, but it all comes out different.>>

GMs in Gemstone are pretty much the equivalent as cops in RL, except with more authority in GS than a cop has in RL for the most part. Apples and oranges my ass.

<< You wanted the GM to take your word for it that you'd read the policy. Fine. Looks like you'll just have to take his word for it that you were wrong, and now you're banned. Haha. >>

How priceless it would be if Mahegh came here and posted that too <snicker>.

<<Reading the policy is punishment.>>

No it's not. You just need to pull your head out of your ass.

<<Actually Jack is right, however, you people have been bashing me, not telling me anything, only provoking.>>

Yeah whatever. I was gonna post some examples to prove you wrong but someone beat me to it already.

You come across as one of those few people that I'd like to see deeded, since it'd be illegal to whack you in the head with a baseball bat in hopes of knocking some sense ino you. Even Klaive (as much of a jackass as he is, there's your attention cookie Klaive, bask in it while you can) isn't someone I think is THAT stupid. Or even Warclaidhm or Haashek for that matter.

Back
08-13-2003, 01:59 AM
You come across as one of those few people that I'd like to see deeded, since it'd be illegal to whack you in the head with a baseball bat in hopes of knocking some sense ino you.

As long as I've been with PlayersCorner I've seen they are all the same. "I've been banned, boo hoo!" They whine, and they go.

Apollyon
08-13-2003, 01:59 AM
Methais you going to the Thrilla this year?

HappyGuyJr
08-13-2003, 06:41 AM
I not only doubt that you've been playing for 8 years, but I doubt you've been playing 3 consecutively. You sound, act, and write like a kid who's a bit smarter then average, but is SERIOUSLY lacking in social skills.

If it was your FIRST offense in 8 years of play, then you wouldn't have had call to read policy previously, as you stated you had in your log.

Essentially, your a poor liar, a lousy player, and a crappy person.

Smell that? It's your Ego going up in smoke... or maybe your diaper just needs changing. In any case, you need to grow up, stop blaming others for your own stupidity, and learn that your not superior to anyone else.

]

...what really makes me mad about the situation. It was my first offense in the 8 years I played... And they let repeat offenders off the hook. It is a bunch of BS and lousy Customer Service. And it should be a right, We pay them, not the opposite. Being a citizen is far different case scenario then being a Customer. Thank you. :D

edge
08-13-2003, 11:58 AM
<I think the main problem here is your belief that reading policy is used as a form of punishment. Having you read the policy ensures that you and the GM are on the same page. It saves the GM time, because he/she doesn't have to spend their time explaining it to you. Once you've read it, then you can move on to discussing how you broke, or did not break policy. Since you refused to read it, the GM was left with no recourse but to lock you out. It's all on your shoulders here, it was your decision not to read it. Get over it, and grow up. >

Reading policy is a form of punishment. Since you have to read the WHOLE policy which is 26 pages I think with a 30 or 60 second rt per page. Been a while since I read it. I had a nice script that did it for me...muahahaha! But what sucks about this punishment is if you get booted it starts all over again. So they are punishing you with reading it by taking up your time. You should make them read the pages that they are violating.

edge

[Edited on 8-13-2003 by edge]

Jack
08-13-2003, 12:48 PM
You perceive reading policy as a punishment. That doesn't make it so. The real reasoning behind it is to ensure you know the policy. Reading it may be dull, boring, and even annoying, but it is nescessary. If you don't know the policy, then the GM has to sit there and spell it out to you durring their conversation. GMs don't have the time to sit there and babysit you. Once you've proven yourself to be a trouble maker, they aren't going to spend their time explaining things to you. Once you've read the policy, they can assume you know it, and no longer have to. You may not like it, but it isn't a punishment.

-Jack

Drew2
08-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Mahegh even looks like a sour puss from the Simucon pictures. He's just a grumpy old man, I say!

edge
08-13-2003, 01:17 PM
I see reading policy as a punishment. Since it takes 30 minutes of your time and you are forced to do it against your will. Now reading the section you are violating is another story then discussing why you are in violation. Nobody actually reads the whole policy when they are made to read it. They just keep hitting Policy # over and over till it goes to the next page. I had a script that someone gave me for it.

edge

Warriorbird
08-13-2003, 01:18 PM
I agree that it's a punishment. Doesn't stop the truth from being that Dargius posted here and on the official boards about blatantly avoidably going against it.

Bestatte
08-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Unless they've forced a delay in reading policies - some kind of RT..it only takes around a minute to read the entire thing. ANd that's the entire thing, including all the policies for "comp accounts" that paying customers don't ever see.

There were something like 38 policies I had to "read" and I just typed "read policy 1" then added a counter to read all the other ones. Hitting the enter key over and over was basically the most time consuming part of the whole deal and a minute later I was done.

Really - is it that big a deal? It's stupid I know, because they can't really expect you to ACTUALLY read each of those things.. but it gives you a minute to cool down, and gives them a minute to check your file, so both of you know what's what when the conversation starts.

HappyGuyJr
08-13-2003, 01:30 PM
hmmm... didnt know policy was soo long :/ I've never had to read it. One more reason for me to NOT act irresponsibly :lol:

Bestatte
08-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Actually Edge said in a previous post that each page incurs an RT..I didn't know that and I hadn't read his post when I replied with my own.

So okay - toss that out the window, and thanks for the info Edge.

Regardless..has it occurred to anyone who takes issue with this..to simply ask the GM which policy he feels you have violated, so that you can read only those policies that apply to the situation?

I wonder if they'd not only tell you, but if maybe they'd take the "force-read" flag off and let you read only the ones that apply, and be thankful (silently of course) that you had the sense to do this and not waste HIS time by having to sit there with his thumb up his ass while you're reading policies that have nothing to do with why you're there.

CrystalTears
08-13-2003, 01:39 PM
There's an easy solution to all this. Don't do anything against policy. Troublemakers always seem to know policy as though they wrote it. Well prove it. :D

HappyGuyJr
08-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Oh sweety with the most magical of smiles, your overlooking the small fact that they have no INTENTION of proving they know policy, as they don't CARE about policy.

All the doofuses have one thing in common:

"They couldn't possibly be refering to ME, I'm better then everyone else and shouldn't be held accountable to the same rules."

Why else do you think they spend SOO much time splitting hairs and using semantics to argue their way out of things?

It's ALWAYS someone else's fault :no:

There's an easy solution to all this. Don't do anything against policy. Troublemakers always seem to know policy as though they wrote it. Well prove it. :D

Parkbandit
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
<<He had poor customer Service skills. Had he answered my question I would have read the policy. >>

And what skills did you utilize during your exchange? You were a snert and I applaud the GM for treating you thusly.

In order to be treated nice.. you need to treat others nice. From the beginning you were beligerant and confrontational.

You got what you deserved. Hell, you got more than you deserved in my opinion. If I were the GM, I would have told you "It is apparent that we are not able to meet your needs in this game. I have a list of other RP games I would be more than happy to refer you to. What is your email address so that I can get you started in a new game?"

Methais
08-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Then send him to www.goatse.cx

godShell
08-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Reading policy is punishment. Waiting for a SGM (takes weeks) is a punishment. Being locked out is a punishment. There is a chance that even after reading policy they would have locked you out anyways - the slap in the face followed by the kick in the nuts. Lockout should be reserved for extreme cases of rule-breaking, like a death penalty. This game has gone to shit over the past few years anyways.

Bobmuhthol
08-13-2003, 04:41 PM
<<Nobody actually reads the whole policy when they are made to read it.>>

I do.

CrystalTears
08-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Far as I'm concerned, they don't lock out enough people. :D

Weedmage Princess
08-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I've been told to read policy a time or two...I was aware of what I did wrong (I knew I did it) and I didn't care much. I never actually read it, just typed "next page" or whatever it was and kept hitting enter <shrugs> Who the hell cares? It takes a minute...

I gotta agree with the lot who says you brought it on yourself. I'm one of the few who personally likes Magegh <hides from Edge> , whether you felt he was wrong or not...which I'm not going to attest to because I dont know everything that went down...I think your behavior was asking for it. If you felt you were wronged, simply keep hitting enter, then ask to speak to someone else.

08-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Err..

Dargius, I'm in the Army Reserve. You can't score too high on the ASVAB. The military most likely does want you, hell it wants anyone that's qualified. That's why soldiers get some pretty good benifits. To try and get people to join.

- Arkans

daragon13
08-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Err..

Dargius, I'm in the Army Reserve. You can't score too high on the ASVAB. The military most likely does want you, hell it wants anyone that's qualified. That's why soldiers get some pretty good benifits. To try and get people to join.

- Arkans

True, but not many average joes make the cut for air force.

StrayRogue
08-13-2003, 10:45 PM
I like it how he is obviously chatting shit. Keep spinning Dargius.

daragon13
08-13-2003, 10:46 PM
I like it how he is obviously chatting shit. Keep spinning Dargius.

You do realize, if you wanna knock me I have my own topic, go for it you neutered cow.

Bobmuhthol
08-13-2003, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't mind knocking you senseless with a baseball bat.

daragon13
08-13-2003, 10:47 PM

You need a bat? wow you must be a pansy.

Bobmuhthol
08-13-2003, 10:49 PM

You need a bat? wow you must be a pansy.

Learn how to not quote someone in every single post you make. We know who you're talking to.

Please kill yourself. But don't use a gun, that would be the pansy way to do it.

daragon13
08-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Learn how to not quote someone in every single post you make. We know who you're talking to.

Please kill yourself. But don't use a gun, that would be the pansy way to do it.

<yawn> had a bad day did you bob?

Jack
08-13-2003, 11:04 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa043001a.htm

That article explains the basics of the ASVAB, and how the various branches of the Armed Forces use those scores. The minimum acceptable scores for each branch are so close that the difference is neglibable. Any "Average Joe" who can count, speak English, and has a High School diploma can get into the Air Force, the Army, the Navy, the Marine Corps, or the Coast Guard. That is of course assuming they are medically qualified, and within, or neart to the height-weight standards. There is no way possible to score too high to qualify for military service in any branch.

-Jack

daragon13
08-13-2003, 11:09 PM
Then send him to www.goatse.cx

Hehe you already sent me there. :D

Solkern
08-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Who is Maheghs player character?

Scott
08-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Celtic

Scott
08-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Speaking of him. Some guy was annoying me so.....

You say, "If you do that one more time, I'm going to bitch slap you like a 12 year old girl."

SEND[Mahegh] Please keep a lid on the language in public. Thanks.

SEND[Mahegh] Slapping him around like a hound dog sounds better anyways. ;-)

I told him I would never say his suggestion. He was pretty fun about it even though I hate him......

CrystalTears
08-14-2003, 12:15 AM
It's an OOC expression anyway.

Skirmisher
08-14-2003, 12:20 AM
That it is.

Scott
08-14-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm not mad he said anything, I thought it was pretty funny. Although I see crap said 10 times worse then that, nobody says anything. I just told him that it was fine but I refuse to use his suggestion.

HappyGuyJr
08-14-2003, 06:27 AM
I scored in the top 1 percentile taking the ASVAB... never took the SAT. Was good enough to get me accepted to the Cats at UC Berkley. Unfortunately, Berkley doesn't take G.I. payments on tuition, and I was 14 minutes late for my Grant hearing.

"If it had been important to you, you would have found a way to be here on time" was what the Lady heading the review hearing told me as she left. :?:

A flatbed 18 wheeler had flipped over the rail carrying several giant spools of underground telecommunications cable on the Northbound Los Gatos offramp on Highway 17 and kept me stuck in traffic for 3 hours. I had planned on getting to my review at LEAST 2 hours early.

Originally posted by Jack
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa043001a.htm

That article explains the basics of the ASVAB, and how the various branches of the Armed Forces use those scores. The minimum acceptable scores for each branch are so close that the difference is neglibable. Any "Average Joe" who can count, speak English, and has a High School diploma can get into the Air Force, the Army, the Navy, the Marine Corps, or the Coast Guard. That is of course assuming they are medically qualified, and within, or neart to the height-weight standards. There is no way possible to score too high to qualify for military service in any branch.

-Jack

OOPS!!! :o

My bad. I goofed. It was soo damn long ago. I took those damn tests back in the late 80's. There was a Medcab something-or-other, the ASVAB which I got a 100 on, and the ACT which I scored top 1 percentile. Sorry.. it's been SOO damn long.

Geeze... was 1986 REALLY 17 years ago? :(

Oh, and just so you know... you actually CAN score too high on your tests. When you do, they do everything they can to get you into their nuke training program, and I DO mean everything: Bribe, Threaten, Lie...

If they get you, you end up in a classroom for years, never see the light of day, and if you're LUCKY you end up tending a reactor somewhere 600 feet underwater.

You wouldn't BELIEVE the crap I had to endure to stay out of their godamn nukes program.

[Edited on 8-14-2003 by HappyGuyJr]

Methais
08-14-2003, 09:34 AM
<< "If it had been important to you, you would have found a way to be here on time" was what the Lady heading the review hearing told me as she left.>>

You shoulda went off on her, Falling Down style.

HappyGuyJr
08-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Um ... no thank you. These people give away grants because they are so disgustingly wealthy they don't know what to do with it all. No telling what kind of damage one of those bitches could do if I upset her. When I moved from California, Los Gatos was still the most expensive property value location in the world. Don't know if that's true any more.

The Grant hearing was at West Valley, where I was attending at the time.

[sigh] GOD I miss college girls :)

<< "If it had been important to you, you would have found a way to be here on time" was what the Lady heading the review hearing told me as she left.>>

You shoulda went off on her, Falling Down style.

Methais
08-14-2003, 11:30 AM
It was a joke.

StrayRogue
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks Jack, for proving to us all again, the age and possible physical constitution of Dargius.

Ben
08-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
[quote]

As long as I've been with PlayersCorner I've seen they are all the same. "I've been banned, boo hoo!" They whine, and they go.

Do you have any idea who I am?

Ben
08-20-2003, 11:34 AM
P.S Why don't you catch GM Mahegh at Thrilla or Simucon or something and discuss things "personally"

Ben
08-20-2003, 11:47 AM
I haven't forgotten you BRAUDEN.

GauntauroDamortes
08-20-2003, 07:24 PM
One time, I Was in the park and I had come in and jastio was in a verbal arguement with everyone and he was casting spells at them. I Wasn't sure what was going on but I joined in against him because my friends were having trouble with him. Well.... soon after he challenged about 7 of us to the boulder thinking he was tough... Well Soon after we defeated him. We all went about our daily life. jastio began to literaly stalk my actions around town and I Tried to avoid him. Soon after he found my way to me and my friend karnoks table. I immediately warned him of harrassment. Following this IMMEDIATELY he makes a death threat on me. I report, then assist. The gamehost (Who's name i forgot) tells us she can't do anything and then gives me a referal which lands in mahegns hands. Well. After waiting literaly 3 days for a gm to log and get to the queue (I have to log off sometime) mahegn gets my assist. His response to my story is essentially "Don't use warn so lightly." and that I started the fight and thus I have no bar here. Way to ignore policy Mahegn...

SpunGirl
08-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Um. I'll just pretend I never saw that.

-K

Skirmisher
08-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Huh?

CrystalTears
08-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Oh for heaven's sakes. :rolleyes:

Ben
08-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Originally posted by Ben

Huh?

Old GS Chatroom inside joke about me and Brauden.

peam
08-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Back in the day when GS Chat took over the garden niche, Brauden decided to be the knight in shining armor that was going to try to wipe us out.

I think Ben ended up saying he was going to bust up Brauden at the Thrill, and it caused Brauden not to go, etc.

Ben
08-21-2003, 02:08 AM
I'm not admitting to anything.

Terrorize
08-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by GauntauroDamortes
One time, I Was in the park and I had come in and jastio was in a verbal arguement with everyone and he was casting spells at them. I Wasn't sure what was going on but I joined in against him because my friends were having trouble with him. Well.... soon after he challenged about 7 of us to the boulder thinking he was tough... Well Soon after we defeated him. We all went about our daily life. jastio began to literaly stalk my actions around town and I Tried to avoid him. Soon after he found my way to me and my friend karnoks table. I immediately warned him of harrassment. Following this IMMEDIATELY he makes a death threat on me. I report, then assist. The gamehost (Who's name i forgot) tells us she can't do anything and then gives me a referal which lands in mahegns hands. Well. After waiting literaly 3 days for a gm to log and get to the queue (I have to log off sometime) mahegn gets my assist. His response to my story is essentially "Don't use warn so lightly." and that I started the fight and thus I have no bar here. Way to ignore policy Mahegn...

Yeah he should definately not be a GM.I had my fair share of problems, but only because one of my characters and his PC(Cletic) do not get a long. So needless to say he isn't such a great roleplayer either. Whoever's idea it was to make a snert a GM is beyond me. Andraste used to be horrible but hasn't given me any problems in the past few years.

Parkbandit
08-21-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by GauntauroDamortes

You initiated the conflict with Jastio.. and when Jastio tries to attempt to get revenge, you warn/report/assist about it?

LOL.

Poor you. :sniffle:

SpunGirl
08-21-2003, 01:33 PM

You initiated the conflict with Jastio.. and when Jastio tries to attempt to get revenge, you warn/report/assist about it?

LOL.

Poor you. :sniffle:

At least you managed to decipher what he was saying.

-K

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-21-2003, 01:40 PM
LOL. Someone really physically threatened another person out of the GAME, because of the game? That's some funny shit.

Juvenile, but funny.
Immature, but still funny.
Lame, yet funny.

AnticorRifling
08-21-2003, 07:04 PM
I didn't know Jastio could cast spells. He stole from me once and I caught him so he ran. Two minutes later he asked me to take him hunting kiramon. Sure I would :cool: I meant to cast that at the defender I swear, and then I left him to rot. Too bad some cleric got to him, ahh well there is always next time.

SpunGirl
08-22-2003, 03:56 AM
You're not remembering well enough, Daina. She threatened that we and our children should all die in horrific car accidents, and then Ilvane called down the powers of Karma on her.

-K

Methais
08-22-2003, 01:31 PM
<<Back in the day when GS Chat took over the garden niche>>

The garden niche hasn't been around long enough to be referred to as a "back in the day" place :P

How long has it been since the Breg war anyway? Was it in '99 or 2000 I can't remember. I wish they'd do another one similar to it...

Ben
08-23-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
Oh I remember quite well... not every day someone threatens to push me in front of a moving train, along with any family that might be with me. Then she cursed our children, and our children's children.... funniest part is, I heard thru the grapevine that she thinks herself some sort of witch irl with 'real powers'... freak actually believes her 'curses' carry weight. ROFL I'm sorry, but she is touched in the head. Also wanted to apologize for going off on a side note, this thread is about Mahegh...

Was it the itches?

Back
08-23-2003, 03:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Backlash

quote:

Do you have any idea who I am?

Question: Do I know who Ben is?
Answer: No.

Question:Do I give a fuck?
Answer: No.

Question: Should people know Ben?
Answer: Dogs maybe, since thats all it seems he can relate to. Me? No. I could'nt give a crap what Ben thinks.

Ben
08-23-2003, 04:26 AM
Wow that hurt my feelings, You win a check for 10 dollars, please give me your address so I can send said check.

Skirmisher
08-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Wow that hurt my feelings, You win a check for 10 dollars, please give me your address so I can send said check.

Ben is scary

Or something.

:rolleyes:

Betheny
08-23-2003, 07:12 AM
LOL. Someone really physically threatened another person out of the GAME, because of the game? That's some funny shit.

Juvenile, but funny.
Immature, but still funny.
Lame, yet funny.

Rorac told me once in a private thought he hopes my RL mom dies of cancer.

Why? I told him he was an idiot for trying to steal some kid's shield.

That shit happens all the time. ALL the time.