PDA

View Full Version : Fucking IE9 sucks

Parkbandit
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I can't fucking get the new Internet Explorer to simply keep track of new posts... even after deleting all my history/cookies/temp files/etc...

Fucking buggy piece of shit.

Ardwen
04-05-2011, 03:58 PM
firefox or chrome

LMingrone
04-05-2011, 04:09 PM
The new updates for Firefox and Chrome made them morest fasterer. Get them. Anytime I have to fix someones computer, I just exchange their IE icon, keep it called IE, keep the IE icon, and just chnge the extension to Firefox. I've noticed a decline in, "MY COMPUTER IS MESSED UP. CAN YOU COME FIX IT?" calls.

Solkern
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
I prefer Opera over Chrome or Firefox.

Fallen
04-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I have this same problem with Safari on my I-phone. No matter what I do, even if I use other browsers, it won't keep track of new posts or posts in the last 24 hours. Only happens on my phone, though, and not whenever I am on a desktop PC.

DRIVES ME NUTS. Go figure.

Parkbandit
04-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I have this same problem with Safari on my I-phone. No matter what I do, even if I use other browsers, it won't keep track of new posts or posts in the last 24 hours. Only happens on my phone, though, and not whenever I am on a desktop PC.

Same here.

Ok, just loaded up Firefox.. seems to be working perfectly, so fuck IE9.

Hopefully, all my sites work as well.

Fallen
04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Update the thread if it stops working. Are you on a mobile device? I could use those other browsers for a while, but then they too would develop the same problem.

Gelston
04-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Go to settings, Safari, clear cache. You have to do this everytime you want to see new posts.

Parkbandit
04-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Update the thread if it stops working. Are you on a mobile device? I could use those other browsers for a while, but then they too would develop the same problem.

It happens on my iPhone, but I started this thread because of my PC. Quickbooks Online advised me to download the new IE, which I foolishly did.

Stanley Burrell
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I can't fucking get the new Internet Explorer to simply keep track of new posts... even after deleting all my history/cookies/temp files/etc...

Fucking buggy piece of shit.

The same thing sort of happens to me, but I'm in the habit of clearing caches. And a Luddite to the point where IE could killswitch my dog. And I would still use it.

Which %temp%?

TheEschaton
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I can't believe no one has looked at the title of this thread, and retorted with a "Well then stop fucking it!" reply....

...like i just did.

Stanley Burrell
04-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I can't believe no one has looked at the title of this thread, and retorted with a "Well then stop fucking it!" reply....

...like i just did.

This thread did not have sexual intercourse with that woman.

DoctorUnne
04-09-2011, 10:34 PM
The new updates for Firefox and Chrome made them morest fasterer. Get them. Anytime I have to fix someones computer, I just exchange their IE icon, keep it called IE, keep the IE icon, and just chnge the extension to Firefox. I've noticed a decline in, "MY COMPUTER IS MESSED UP. CAN YOU COME FIX IT?" calls.

^

Wow I had so many problems with my computer being slow and just downloaded chrome a few weeks ago and ever since it's been beautiful

MokiePrime
04-11-2011, 04:51 AM
I've been a Chrome fangirl for awhile now, but Firefox 4 is pretty damn impressive. I'm torn.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I like Chrome a lot, and the extensions/addons they keep building out are nice. Never tried Firefox, but I may have to check it out.

Kuyuk
04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Chrome FTW.

SpiffyJr
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
FireFox is nice but as a web developer I've completely switched to Chrome. The integrated development tool can do anything I've ever done with FireBug (FireFox extension). Google also has an insanely fast update cycle - they've done a ton with their browser in a relatively short time.

As far as speed goes - there's basically no difference in JavaScript for FF, IE9, or Chrome 10. I stick with Chrome because it starts faster and you don't have to reboot when you swap out extensions (I turn some on only while developing).

IorakeWarhammer
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM
@spiffyjr

how is married life?!

Bobmuhthol
04-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Apparently I'm the only person who uses RockMelt.

Fallen
04-12-2011, 09:44 AM

It's important to be different.

AnticorRifling
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
I just packet sniff because using any browser makes you mainstream and I couldn't live with myself knowing I using a mainstream product.

Cephalopod
04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
ngrep -W byline port 80

Parkbandit
04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I just packet sniff because using any browser makes you mainstream and I couldn't live with myself knowing I using a mainstream product.

Is that code?

SpiffyJr
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM

It's built on Chromium so it's basically a skinned Chrome (which is a skinned Chromium). Besides, it's not available on Ubuntu! Boo for no Ubuntu!

SpiffyJr
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
@spiffyjr

how is married life?!

Amazing. All those people with marriage horror stories obviously fucked something up (or were married longer than 8 months) The only issue is this damn squirrel in the attic... I hope he wanders into that trap I set.

The AvG gave me a task to kill rabid squirrels... I'm getting close IRL.

IorakeWarhammer
04-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Amazing. All those people with marriage horror stories obviously fucked something up (or were married longer than 8 months) The only issue is this damn squirrel in the attic... I hope he wanders into that trap I set.

The AvG gave me a task to kill rabid squirrels... I'm getting close IRL.

turn in the task and try to get the one for culling a grizzled vagina

MokiePrime
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
FireFox is nice but as a web developer I've completely switched to Chrome. The integrated development tool can do anything I've ever done with FireBug (FireFox extension). Google also has an insanely fast update cycle - they've done a ton with their browser in a relatively short time.

As far as speed goes - there's basically no difference in JavaScript for FF, IE9, or Chrome 10. I stick with Chrome because it starts faster and you don't have to reboot when you swap out extensions (I turn some on only while developing).

All of this is true. I just wish Chrome was as well supported, I have to run FF for half of my online classes. Many of them being web dev courses, oh the irony right?