PDA

View Full Version : Black Fire Ring

neimanz1
03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Jeweled dark steel band-

Show-Small matching despanals cling to either side of the black steel band, the edge of which are twisted to form a gentle spiral. Patches of leaping flame are etched into the band, inside and out, and similar etchings wreath each of the sullen crimson gems. The zenith boasts a black diamond of impressive size, cut to enhance the considerable brilliance of its natural inner fire.

-You gingerly tap the surface of the charcoal ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing.

-You gingerly tap the surface of the shadowy ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing

-You gingerly tap the surface of the jet ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing.

-You gingerly tap the surface of the ashen ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing.

-You gingerly tap the surface of the ebon ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing.

-You gingerly tap the surface of the murky ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing.

-You gingerly tap the surface of the obsidian ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing

-You gingerly tap the surface of the onyx ball of flame and withdraw a small quantity of liquid black flame. It slowly dwindles away before disappearing.

35 mil min
50 mil buyout

Xanith
03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Blah. Want!

waywardgs
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
pricey.

violent femme
03-29-2011, 07:55 AM
nice, but is that all it does? I'm not familiar with this type ring...

waywardgs
03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
You can interact with the balls of flame, and I think there's a few idle scripts.

Pereus
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Man, people are really overpricing some of these prizes. Good luck.

Sam
03-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Man, people are really overpricing some of these prizes. Good luck.

Not really, if you consider the price of similar things (forehead gems). Granted with the market being flooded with these sort of things, the prices should drop naturally. I think the black flame should draw a premium price though.

KerosineKiller
03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I like this ring but another fire ring just sold for 16 million so I was hesitant to go overboard on this one.

Anebriated
03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
This is the only black flame one to come out iirc.

LordBacl
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I like this ring but another fire ring just sold for 16 million so I was hesitant to go overboard on this one.

And this one sold for 35mil just a day or two ago after the bidding hit 24m: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=60390&page=2

Fireball rings went for quite a fortune prior to Droughtman's, and will likely float back up to a solid 25-35 after Droughtman's depending on color, and player preference.

Being able to summon highly scripted, manipulatable, ebon black balls of fire endlessly? And even give them to other players? Yeah, if I was a darker-themed character I'd go nuts for that. As it is I am a lightning mage of the seas, and I paid 40 for my blue lightning bolt ring. Yeah, there's a couple more fireball rings than lightning ones, but it is basically the same item.

If this one were green and not black I'd put 35m on it in a heartbeat.

WRoss
03-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd likely bid on this if I wasn't going after the Zelia cloak, but spending 70m on two scripted items....I dunno.

Raelee
03-29-2011, 03:21 PM
This is the only black flame one to come out iirc.

A black one did go out at the EG '09 auction. It sold for 36.3m. I have no idea what's happened to it since.

Pre-Droughtman's, the only color out of the possible ones that was missing was Blue. Droughtman's has seen a blue one go out, and most of the existent colors have now been duped.

(Just for some random perspective, I paid 30m flat for my white lightning ring about a year and a half ago when it was 1 of 2 in existence and possibly the only one still in game.)

LordBacl
03-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Are you sure blue went out? I'd love to see what shades it has (probably the same as my blue lightning, but still curious).

There's still only one green in the lands, and while there may now be almsot 2 of each color, that's still just a handful of these rings, and half of those will likely vanish from the lands within the next year.

I'd be more pissed at Droughtman's if I had bought a shade skink for 35m or so prior to the maze.

BriarFox
03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been keeping an eye out for a green or gold one. The yellow is a bit pale for my tastes.

On another note, I'm pretty sure this ring is the EG one.

Raelee
03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I might have been thinking of the blue lightning. My bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if a blue one is still in the hopper though.

(And yeah... I got cranky when I saw a white fire ring go out. I own the one from the Promise.)

ETA: Unfortunately, you won't see a gold one. The colors are hardcoded into the script. The only possible options are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, brown and black.

LordBacl
03-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Damn shame they never finished the original plan to make rings for each element. A water ring would be insanely cool. Although a puddle of yellow water in your hand might be misconstrued as easily as the brown fireball ring's ball of hot brown liquid...flame. ::coughs

WRoss
03-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I've been keeping an eye out for a green or gold one. The yellow is a bit pale for my tastes.

On another note, I'm pretty sure this ring is the EG one.

Vender has the green and posted it up for trade/sale.

Xanith
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd definitely buy it if I had 35M. I think the market will fluctuate a lot on these items, but ultimately, they're worth whatever one person will shell out. I'd also only spend 35M because I already have gear I don't plan on upgrading or trading, so to each his own.

It's nice to see new "toys" go out with Droughtman.

Sad panda on poverty though.

Asha
03-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Probably after a single day of owning one I'd be like ''Oh great, another fireball from this ring.. (sigh).. Hey do you want to hold it!?.. No?.. Ok.. (sigh)..(extinguish)..(regret)''.

BriarFox
03-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Probably after a single day of owning one I'd be like ''Oh great, another fireball from this ring.. (sigh).. Hey do you want to hold it!?.. No?.. Ok.. (sigh)..(extinguish)..(regret)''.

^ - :-(

neimanz1
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Traded away thanks for the interest