PDA

View Full Version : Soooo TWC

Renaden
03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
So I'm training this new pallie, going to run with TWC after my 30 days ends, any suggestions on stat/skill build for him? He's THW currently for quick leveling. Planning on swinging a 8 pound 6x eonake mace in my right hand, bonding with that, and a 5x fire flaring eonake morning star in my left, thoughts?

Currently -
Name: Torar Race: Dwarf Profession: Paladin (shown as: Holy Crusader)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 91 (30) ... 91 (30)
Constitution (CON): 71 (25) ... 71 (25)
Dexterity (DEX): 70 (10) ... 70 (10)
Agility (AGI): 80 (10) ... 80 (10)
Discipline (DIS): 61 (15) ... 61 (15)
Aura (AUR): 60 (-5) ... 60 (-5)
Logic (LOG): 50 (5) ... 50 (5)
Intuition (INT): 41 (-4) ... 41 (-4)
Wisdom (WIS): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Influence (INF): 51 (-10) ... 51 (-10)
Mana: 20 Silver: 119

Torar (at level 3), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 30 6 6
Combat Maneuvers...................| 20 4 4
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 40 8 8
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 15 3 3
Physical Fitness...................| 15 3 3
Dodging............................| 15 3 3
Harness Power......................| 20 4 4
Climbing...........................| 10 2 2
Swimming...........................| 10 2 2

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 2 2
Training Points: 59 Phy 50 Mnt

mrjrd222
03-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Is the morning star heavier?

Having a slower or heavier weapon in secondary... I've just heard bad things. I can't speak from experience though.

Renaden
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Nah, the morning star is 6 pounds, and it looks cool too.

Lemons
03-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I'd recommend using hammers instead. The difference in speed is worth it, from what I've heard.
-c

Renaden
03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Hammers... are they that much faster?

Mike
03-29-2011, 11:49 AM
You won't be proficient as TWC for quite a while... I do hope you understand that. You're going to sacrifice every other major physical skill to hold a half-decent AS, and probably gimp your spell lists in the process.

Starting hammer + shield or staying THW all the way to 40-60 when unorthodox builds are a bit more forgiving (basically, once you've stopped hurling points into armor use and MOC) would be a great idea, but other than that you'll be struggling.

MOC is necessary for a TWC build. Normally, Paladins can 3x armor all the way to MBP or Half Plate, and drop it down to 1x or so on their final stretch to full and still be fine. Beyond that, as I said, you'll be gimped for cmans and spells, so I can't do much on my end to improve that for you.

Best of luck!

Hammers... are they that much faster?

Slower, actually. It's much the same as a longsword/handaxe variance. The hammers will hit HARD, the stars will be decent and a bit quicker.

Caetul
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
I have a TWC Paladin that does just fine at young age, and I don't really sacrifice much aside the usual Lore for the most part and some other things that I pick up from time to time as I get the extra points to do so.

I want to say he's the following:

2x TWC
2x OHB
1x Dodge
1x PT
2x CM (May be 1x, not sure)
.75x Spells
5 Ranks MoC
.5x HP

And some other things I'm likely missing since I'm at work, so it's more so of a guess but I know it's been working out just fine using his Stars.

Mike
03-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Fine. Just fine. You'll be viable, but a gimped version of your class until level 60.

You forgot Armor Use, a plausible amount of MOC, and the 2x Dodge you'll need to survive in low ASGs until level 30 minimum. That's a lot of TPs.

He's looking for a way to make his build viable, and I gave it to him. You gave him "here's a list of other things that I pick up from time to time as I get the extra points to do so."

...and you won't have extra points, either.

Caetul
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Fine. Just fine. You'll be viable, but a gimped version of your class until level 60.

You forgot Armor Use, a plausible amount of MOC, and the 2x Dodge you'll need to survive in low ASGs until level 30 minimum. That's a lot of TPs.

He's looking for a way to make his build viable, and I gave it to him. You gave him "here's a list of other things that I pick up from time to time as I get the extra points to do so."

...and you won't have extra points, either.

Like I said, I was posting from work so I did forgot to add in some things, IE Armor Use. Which is 2x for all research intent purposes.

As for extra TPs...that's odd, because I do from time to time. Do I have more than say an OHB/Shield build? Of course not. But what I want to do with my Paladin, without purely gimping him, has been very viable and is a blast in Warcamps also.

And I'm pretty sure I've been playing Paladins since they were first released, then had one or two rather well known ones as time went by, Capped and all as well.

Issue with TWC, is like both of us mentioned, the TP cost is tight as it is for OHE/Shield or even THW Paladins, but is doable, fine and viable.

Case in Point, I opted instead of Fixskilling a Capped Paladin to make a fresh TWC Paladin and see how it worked at the early levels. And as before, it's ran just fine.

With my THW Paladin, I did 2x Dodge, but you'll find that MOST Paladins never 2x dodge until later levels. 1x is viable, but of course 2x is greater for TWC, and THW. But with TWC and Parries, it's not as bad as with THW.

The Monkey has been doing great, and I've yet to die with him still.