PDA

View Full Version : some zMUD help

100% Wool
05-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Trying zMUD out and trying to figure out how triggers work compared to wizard scripting

Anyone able to help?
I don't know how to work a trigger to work like MATCH TABLES/MATCHES for wizard

This is what I'm trying to do for zMUD. I'm sure it's easy enough to understand but I'm totally new to zMUD
You attack So-and-So

match 0rt -> goto kill So-and-so

match So-and-so is dead -> search so-and-so

I want this all to happen in the same trigger. When I attack I want to attack again,if it's dead then I want to search it.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by 100% Wool]

SHIVERPLUSPLUS
06-07-2004, 04:53 PM
There's a couple of ways to do this, I think the most popular one is to use the tick timer. This method takes care of round-time, and repetition.

Basically, you set up an ALIAS ie:

#ALIAS do_stuff

In your triggers, you assign actions to do_stuff:

#ALIAS do_stuff {shive @critter gnads; donkeypunch @critter}

Then maybe set up another trigger to match "Beavis dies." with action

#ALIAS do_stuff {#NOOP}

to stop the attack since Beavis is dead. The key is to create an ALIAS, ie: fTick, and put do_stuff as the command.... Then configure the ticker (via the action menu) to execute the ALIAS fTick on timeout.

Now, you create another trigger to extract roundtimes, and for the command use #TSET @roundtime to set the timer. Also, you should reset the timer to 1 in fTick after calling the do_stuff ALIAS.

That may be confusing, but what happens is you set the do_action ALIAS to "hack beavis", the timertick timeout ALIAS fTick will execute do_action every time the timertick reaches 0 (ie: timeout). You accomodate roundtimes by adjusting the timertick via the #TSET command. Pretty neat, now that's just the tip of the iceburg.

SHIVER

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by SHIVERPLUSPLUS]

SHIVERPLUSPLUS
06-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Alright after tooling around with zmud for a couple of days (it's all coming back), here's what I used to do.

Just process all commands in a do_stuff (see above) type ALIAS, and then create a Rountime trigger that waits, and then resends the system variable lastcom2 (this took me a bit to figure out, is the last command that you sent (ie: resend the command that incurred the roundtime). Now, you want to have a semaphore to separate out different sets (classes) of triggers, or maybe just disabling/enabling classes as necessary, ie: hunting, skinning, etc. This worked out pretty well for me as I recall, and you don't have to wait on the 1 second timertick between commands.

After doing a couple of scripts, I decided to stick with SF because I'm not motivated enough to redo all the scripts I need (I didn't keep anything when I quit).

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 12:32 AM
You can also use double exclamation marks for the last command, IE, !!

-TheE-

SHIVERPLUSPLUS
06-10-2004, 09:13 AM
yea yea cool, I'll remember that one... There was a decent site, Drac's something or other, that had some zmud stuff for gs3 but it looks like it's dead. Guess everyone is keeping their zmud scripts close to their chests. :D