PDA

View Full Version : bows

goremouth
03-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Are paladins able to bond with bows, and if so do the sancted bows shoot sancted arrows or would i still need to get them blessed?

prance1520
03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Not sure about the bond, but a sancted bow would only be good for hitting undead of you swung it as a quarterstaff. The blessing on the bow wouldn't transfer over to the arrow.

goremouth
03-27-2011, 12:04 AM
well thats good to know, I'm assuming then the flares from 1608 wouldn't imply as well either then? since again it has to act as a quarterstaff

Caetul
03-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Bows and Paladins do not mix well, whatsoever.

The Paladin spells also don't affect archery, so it's really dumb to attempt to use one as a Paladin.

This was already tested when Paladins were first released.

goremouth
03-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Ah ok, just thought i'd ask, looking to have a second weapon type, may swap to brawling and utilize fu as I'm currently thw

Caetul
03-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I would focus on other things besides a second weapon type until way after cap IMO.

Paladins TPs are tight as it is, so to squeeze in another weapon type is going to hinder you quite a bit, unless of course you are past cap as it is.

Tumbadoo
03-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah, don't pick up another weapon type until your CS is 425+. 1615 and 1630 are absolutely ridiculous spells once you get your CS high enough. And, when you do get it that high you may never need to swing a weapon again.

I actually have a pure casting build for my paladin an it rocks. He is not bonded, he does not swing a weapon, does not use a shield, he does not wear plate and he kicks the Sh** out of everything. I will eventually bond to something as it will up my CS. Hit me up if you want more info.

Menos
03-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Bonding to a bow would give the strength bonus (works fine to increase and use the connection in the left hand). That would be helpful for fire RT. If you had some of the old sanctified arrows they would work, but I think pretty much everyone just uses blessable arrows given their consumable nature. While not built well for ranged, if you were dedicated enough to it, it would at least work to kill things. I would not bother though.

Androidpk
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, don't pick up another weapon type until your CS is 425+. 1615 and 1630 are absolutely ridiculous spells once you get your CS high enough. And, when you do get it that high you may never need to swing a weapon again.

I actually have a pure casting build for my paladin an it rocks. He is not bonded, he does not swing a weapon, does not use a shield, he does not wear plate and he kicks the Sh** out of everything. I will eventually bond to something as it will up my CS. Hit me up if you want more info.

Post some hunting logs of him in action?

Tumbadoo
03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
at work right now but I will post later.

TheLastShamurai
03-29-2011, 01:10 AM
You cannot bond ranged weapons.

Tumbadoo
03-29-2011, 08:36 AM
To bad bonding to an arrow is not viable, not even sure it's possible. It would be cool to have it return to you after every shot.

Gelston
03-29-2011, 08:57 AM
To bad bonding to an arrow is not viable, not even sure it's possible. It would be cool to have it return to you after every shot.

Definitely wouldn't be viable (if it is possible). You'd have to get so many kills with one arrow to get it to stage 5 bond, it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be VERY improbable.

Tumbadoo
03-29-2011, 11:36 AM
could train in edge and swing it like a dagger maybe? Also would'nt you risk losing it as it streaks off into the distance?

TheLastShamurai
03-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Cannot bond to any ranged items, including arrows.