PDA

View Full Version : Lich Won't Start

vja3
03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Was running Lich perfectly on my laptop until a couple of days ago when I had to re-install Vista. I've downloaded everything again, but when I click on lich to start it nothing happens. I have the Simu Launcher and Stormfront installed, both of which work fine on there own. Tried re-installing Ruby (1.8.6), no change. Looking at the task manager, it seems that when I click on Lich the rubyw.exe process shows up for just a split second and then ends. Any suggestions for a fix appreciated.

Tillmen
03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Did you put Lich in some place where it doesn't have write permissions?

vja3
03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't believe so. I don't entirely understand the permissions system, but I'm running on an administrator account, lich is in a folder on my desktop, and checking the Properties/security tab, it looks like I have "full control."

Tillmen
03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Look at the debug file to see if it tells you what went wrong. It should be in a folder named "temp", which should be next to lich.rbw.

vja3
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
No such folder exists. The only folder present is for scripts.

Tillmen
03-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Looks like I forgot about a bug on some versions of Windows again and broke Lich. The fix is uploaded to lichproject.org/updater/lich-4.2.10.rb. Replacing your lich.rbw with that file should fix it. On the other hand, I edited and uploaded the file from my phone, so it might not work at all.

vja3
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks! That did the trick. As a note, lich now keeps a command prompt window open when I run it. Don't know if this is intentional or not, but I haven't seen it before so wanted to point it out. Otherwise, works as good as ever. Thanks again.

Tillmen
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
The command prompt is caused by the .rb file extention. Just change it to .rbw