PDA

View Full Version : heavily magically scripted heimer runestaff (aka best runestaff scripts in game)

crb
03-17-2011, 01:26 PM
These were done at the Wavedancer, since it has been decided scripts as cool as these are raffle or auction quality.

a knotted orase shepard's crook etched with a spiral of sovyn cloves

Yes, misspelling and all. You can probably get that fixed with a typo report.

Now, for those of you who do not know, the scripts are based on the weilder. Here are mine as a sorcerer majorly trained in necromancy.

>raise crook
You raise your orase shepard's crook and trace an eldritch sign as tendrils of shadow gather briefly about you.
>wave crook
Whispering an enigmatic phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your orase shepard's crook which glows briefly with a sickly green light.
>tap crook
You lower the tip of your orase shepard's crook to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a sickly green light. You firmly tap the pattern with your crook and a circle of shifting bones rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.
[Script]>lean my crook
Your eyes darken as you lean softly against your orase shepard's crook gathering your power.

Here is a summoning/manipulation empath

>raise crook
You raise your orase shepard's crook in a gesture of reassurance as an ethereal corona of energy briefly surrounds you.
>wave crook
Whispering a comforting phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your orase shepard's crook which is briefly suffused with a soft glow.
>tap crook
You lower the tip of your orase shepard's crook to the ground and trace a pattern while murmuring words of succor. You firmly tap the pattern with your crook and a circle of acantha springs from the ground beneath you and then disappears.
>lean crook
You breathe deeply and lean against your orase shepard's crook gathering your power.

Here is a wizard equal in fire and air:

>raise crook
You raise your orase shepard's crook and trace an arcane symbol as the power of the elements gently swirls around you for a moment.
>wave crook
Whispering an arcane phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your orase shepard's crook which glows briefly with a prismatic light.
>tap crook
You lower the tip of your orase shepard's crook to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a prismatic light. You firmly tap the pattern with your crook and a radiant rainbow colored circle rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.
>lean crook
You close your eyes and lean softly against your orase shepard's crook gathering your power.

I don't think the staff has a message for each specific lore subtype, but I do remember sorcerers having two based on which lore they specialized in. Anyways...

standard orase 4x, 3 pounds.

mb 1m.

Stry
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Meh, cool.

Any idea what spirit Lores look like. Religion specifically?

Fallen
03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Those are cool scripts.

Asha
03-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Wish I'd sold mine for more now.

crb
03-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Meh, cool.

Any idea what spirit Lores look like. Religion specifically?

It looks like clerics have scripts based on conversion, not lore. Ivas:

>acc
You accept Virilneus's offer and are now holding a knotted orase shepard's crook etched with a spiral of sovyn cloves.
>raise crook
You raise your orase shepard's crook and trace a reverent symbol as a faint nimbus of darkness surrounds you and then fades away.
>wave crook
Whispering a devotional phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your orase shepard's crook which is briefly suffused with darkness.
>tap crook
You lower the tip of your orase shepard's crook to the ground and trace a pattern chanting a malevolent prayer. You firmly tap the pattern with your crook and a circle of darkness rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.
>lean crook
You murmer a soft prayer and lean heavily against your orase shepard's crook gathering your power.

Merala
03-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I have one of those!

crb
03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
no bids, dropping mb to 1m

Nilandia
03-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I believe the messaging for wizards are based on attunement, rather than lore training. Regardless, this is Charna's list of the messaging.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20051217212803/http://www.gemstone.game-host.org/towncorpse/WD_runestaves.htm

Gretchen

Ceyrin
03-19-2011, 07:17 PM
These were done at the Wavedancer, since it has been decided scripts as cool as these are raffle or auction quality.

a knotted orase shepard's crook etched with a spiral of sovyn cloves

Yes, misspelling and all. You can probably get that fixed with a typo report.

That's pretty funny. Apparently they don't have anyone on staff, or QC that can spell shepherd. I have an item that was released off-the-shelf at EG'10 I think that's a "shephard's crook".

So close...

The way I see it, if it took them 8 years to add in the 'h', it'll probably take them another 8 to realize it's an 'e' instead of an 'a'. So... shepherd's crooks, comming to GS in 2020!

PS: The cleric messaging is based on Pantheon, not deity-specific.

Jayvn
03-19-2011, 08:11 PM
yeah.. I failed to read...

crb
03-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I believe the messaging for wizards are based on attunement, rather than lore training. Regardless, this is Charna's list of the messaging.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20051217212803/http://www.gemstone.game-host.org/towncorpse/WD_runestaves.htm

Gretchen
Thanks, copying here for reference:

Elemental Runestaves

These are divided into the information that we could find. Once again, I'd like to thank Sidiarra's player for helping me gather this information. She was able to get Empath, Sorcerer and Random atunning for me. If you happen to have the other elements I'd sure appreciate you sending them to me so I can update my site. Thank you to RoseLady for the Clerical and Earth Attunment. Fire attunement was thanks to Asmodae. Necormancy thanks go to Turinrond.

Wizards have a generic lean. It is as follows:

lean runestaff
You close your eyes and lean softly against your glowbark runestaff gathering your power.

AIR

wave
Whispering an arcane phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your lor runestaff which glows briefly with a pale white light.

tap
You lower the tip of your lor runestaff to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a pale white light. You firmly tap the pattern with your runestaff and a small whirlwind rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

raise
You raise your lor runestaff and trace an arcane symbol as the power of the elements gently swirls around you for a moment.

EARTH

raise runestaff
You raise your glowbark runestaff and trace an arcane symbol as the power of the elements gently swirls around you for a moment.

wave runestaff
Whispering an arcane phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your glowbark runestaff which glows briefly with a dark brown light.

tap runestaff
You lower the tip of your glowbark runestaff to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a dark brown light. You firmly tap the pattern with your runestaff and a circle of shifting stones rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

UNATTUNED (missing lean)

wave runestaff
Whispering an arcane phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your lor runestaff which glows briefly with a prismatic light.

tap runestaff
You lower the tip of your lor runestaff to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a prismatic light. You firmly tap the pattern with your runestaff and a radiant rainbow colored circle rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

raise runestaff
You raise your lor runestaff and trace an arcane symbol as the power of the elements gently swirls around you for a moment.

FIRE (missing raise)

tap runestaff
You lower the tip of your long kakore runestaff to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a soft red light. You firmly tap the pattern with your runestaff and a circle of flickering flames rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

raise rune
You raise your long kakore runestaff and trace an arcane symbol as the power of the elements gently swirls around you for a moment.

SORCERER (Demon Lore)

lean staff
Your eyes darken as you lean softly against your gnarled modwir staff gathering your power.

wave staff
Whispering an enigmatic phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your gnarled modwir staff which glows briefly with a dark purple light.

raise staff
You raise your gnarled modwir staff and trace an eldritch sign as tendrils of shadow gather briefly about you.

tap staff
You lower the tip of your gnarled modwir staff to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a dark purple light. You firmly tap the pattern with your staff and a circle of radiating black essence rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

SORCERER (Necromancy Lore)

raise runestaff
You raise your taloned orase runestaff and trace an eldritch sign as tendrils of shadow gather briefly about you.

wave runestaff
Whispering an enigmatic phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your taloned orase runestaff which glows briefly with a sickly green light.

lean runestaff
Your eyes darken as you lean softly against your taloned orase runestaff gathering your power.

tap runestaff
You lower the tip of your taloned orase runestaff to the ground and trace a pattern which glows with a sickly green light. You firmly tap the pattern with your runestaff and a circle of shifting bones rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

CLERIC
lean runestaff
You murmer a soft prayer and lean heavily against your faewood runestaff gathering your power.

wave runestaff
Whispering a devotional phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your faewood runestaff which is briefly suffused with light.

raise runestaff
You raise your faewood runestaff and trace a reverent symbol as a faint nimbus of light surrounds you and then fades away.

tap runestaff
You lower the tip of your faewood runestaff to the ground and trace a pattern chanting a benevolent prayer. You firmly tap the pattern with your runestaff and a circle of light rises from the ground beneath you and then disappears.

EMPATH
lean staff
You breathe deeply and lean against your gnarled modwir staff gathering your power.

wave staff
Whispering a comforting phrase, you gesture effortlessly with your gnarled modwir staff which is briefly suffused with a soft glow.

raise staff
You raise your gnarled modwir staff in a gesture of reassurance as an ethereal corona of energy briefly surrounds you.

tap staff
You lower the tip of your gnarled modwir staff to the ground and traces a pattern while murmuring words of succor. You firmly tap the pattern with your staff and a circle of acantha springs from the ground beneath you and then disappears.