PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Ahead Among Republicans

ClydeR
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
PRINCETON, NJ -- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee leads the field of possible GOP presidential candidates in "positive intensity" among Republicans nationwide with a score of +25 among Republicans who are familiar with him, followed by Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota with a score of +20. Huckabee is recognized by 87% of Republicans, compared with Bachmann's 52%. A number of other possible Republican presidential candidates trail these two in Positive Intensity Scores, including Sarah Palin, who is the best known of the group.

More... (http://www.gallup.com/poll/146621/Huckabee-Bachmann-Intense-Following-GOP-Field.aspx)

What would a general election contest between Huckabee and Obama look like? Despite his likable exterior, Huckabee is quick to fling mud. It would be nasty.

crb
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Fuck Huckleberry. Though, I wish you could port his public speaking ability over to someone else.

4a6c1
03-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah that's the right direction for the Republicans.

/sarcasm

Parkbandit
03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Democrats must be so thankful that the Republicans can't field a decent nominee.

Obama, unfortunately, will get 4 more years.

Gan
03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
I'd prefer to see the GOP retain control of the House and possibly gain the Senate over winning the 2012 Presidential Election. Especially with the choices that are currently available in the GOP.

crb
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Why not aim for a sweep of all three?

Besides, Huckleberry isn't running, neither is Palin, and Trump is just engaged in unrelated self promotion.

A candidate will reveal himself in due time. And almost anyone is going to be better than Obama. Besides, unless you see Republicans picking up like 20 seats in the Senate you'll need someone else in the White House if you want to prevent the trainwreck of Obamacare before it can really get going. By 2016 it'll be too late. Not to mention all those SCOTUS justices getting long in the tooth.

I'd rather have the whitehouse than the Senate, you can always pick off a couple conservative democrats to pass legislation.

Parkbandit
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Why not aim for a sweep of all three?

Besides, Huckleberry isn't running, neither is Palin, and Trump is just engaged in unrelated self promotion.

A candidate will reveal himself in due time. And almost anyone is going to be better than Obama. Besides, unless you see Republicans picking up like 20 seats in the Senate you'll need someone else in the White House if you want to prevent the trainwreck of Obamacare before it can really get going. By 2016 it'll be too late. Not to mention all those SCOTUS justices getting long in the tooth.

I'd rather have the whitehouse than the Senate, you can always pick off a couple conservative democrats to pass legislation.

I can't think of one person on the GOP side that is running that I would gladly give my vote to.

Chris Christie 2016...

Back
03-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Who then is going to save us from the communist muslim?

crb
03-15-2011, 08:18 PM
I can't think of one person on the GOP side that is running that I would gladly give my vote to.

Chris Christie 2016...

I would vote for him as well, but he isn't running.

I would vote for Romney, Paul, or Gingrich. I may not like everything about any of them, but better than Obama.

Parkbandit
03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I would vote for him as well, but he isn't running.

I would vote for Romney, Paul, or Gingrich. I may not like everything about any of them, but better than Obama.

Oh, I agree that they would be better than Obama.. but I hate feeling like I'm voting for the lesser of two evils EVERY election.

Gan
03-15-2011, 11:18 PM
I'd cut off my right hand before I would vote for Paul.

ClydeR
03-16-2011, 11:05 AM
That's bold. I remember when Alec Baldwin said he was leaving the United States if Bush won. Bush won, but Alec's still here.

We'll see if Gan follows through with her promise to cut off her hand if Ron Paul wins.

Gan
03-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd cut off my right hand before I would vote for Paul.

That's bold. I remember when Alec Baldwin said he was leaving the United States if Bush won. Bush won, but Alec's still here.

We'll see if Gan follows through with her promise to cut off her hand if Ron Paul wins.

Reading comprehension.

Live it. Learn it. Love it.

And fuck you on the gender misrepresentation.

ClydeR
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Reading comprehension.

Sorry. I see now that it was specifically the right hand. You must be left handed. Did you know being left handed is a sign of homosexuality (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/07/000710071931.htm)? You know, it used to be that teachers would spank young students for writing with the wrong hand, and we didn't have nearly as much problem with homosexuality back then. I see a correlation.

Atlanteax
03-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Heh @ ClydeR's observation

Parkbandit
03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry. I see now that it was specifically the right hand. You must be left handed. Did you know being left handed is a sign of homosexuality (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/07/000710071931.htm)? You know, it used to be that teachers would spank young students for writing with the wrong hand, and we didn't have nearly as much problem with homosexuality back then. I see a correlation.

It must suck being you... going through life confused, stupid and probably left handed.

There is a gigantic difference between saying you would rather do something before voting for someone.. and saying you will do something if the result isn't to your liking.

It's safe to assume that if the next Presidential election is between Obama and Ron Paul, that Gan will simply not vote for President... thereby saving his right hand.

Gan
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM

Someone as shady as you would only offer to cut off his non-primary hand, or think others would do the same when attempting to convey the depth of their committment to something. By that we can all infer that you are not really serious in the things that you say here on the PC and would therefore only offer empty gestures in order to demonstrate your true position.

In fact, I think you really might be Nancy Pelosi (http://gsimmonssc.blogspot.com/2008/06/democrats-full-of-empty-promises.html) considering how you like to make empty promises so often.