PDA

View Full Version : Lores and me?

goremouth
03-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Ok so I'm heavy melee trained (surprise I know)

2.5x armor
2x THW
2x CM
2x PT
1x Multi Opponent Combat
1.5x HP
1x Spell

I sneaked in a couple dodge trainings and have maybe 1 or 2 extra armor training. But I'm wondering, will I desperately be missing lores or is that a focus to be worried about when I'm close to cap? When reading about their perks for the lores they seem to have to be very high for me to gain significant benefit from them, and based on how heavily melee I am it seems hard to throw those precious mental points into that versus toss the excess mental points into an additional MOP or CM or heck even Dodge

Also should I try to fit in 1x ambush or .5x ambush in to my regimen for improved accuracy to leg critters for easier hunting?

Any Combat manuveur suggestions as well? I went the easy route and picked weapon specialization to start, but wondering what else might be useful for the sword swinging paladin.

And last bad question, whats this business about bonding I know this isn't for lower levels but its process and specifics intrigue me.

Thanks for fielding my questions as I usually have plenty of them, but surprisingly have little to no knowledge of anything outside of putting nails in a fence.

Fallen
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Paladins are very, very tight for points most times. I think you should focus on your core skills for a while before trying to work in lores. As for CMs, might as well start in on Weapon Spec for the extra AS. Surge is another useful one if you think you can swing the stamina costs.

goremouth
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Excellent, just the information I was looking for. Yeah I liked surge, but currently only have 51 stamina points so I'll be sitting on that for a minute or two before training it up.

Fallen
03-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Basically, the spells you get every level should function well enough without lores for quite a while. What is more important is that you keep your DS up via dodge and obtaining the useful DS generating spells, rather than lore-based bonuses. Get into heavy armors as fast as you can as well.

goremouth
03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
can do, when is the youngest I can wear plate without terrible encumberance or RT? Love me some Dodge and CM

Fallen
03-15-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't have access to Krakii at the moment, but you'll need to glance at the Maneuver training requirements. Someone else will have to field that one.

mrjrd222
03-15-2011, 11:33 AM
I think it's 130 ranks for RT and 140 ranks for maneuvers.

Tripling in Armor Use, you'll have 132 ranks at level 43, and 141 at 46.

goremouth
03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Sweet, since I have a pocket empath I may try it a little earlier to give him something fun to clean up.