PDA

View Full Version : self-charging double wand: pain and disintegrate

Archigeek
03-14-2011, 03:47 AM
A bone and ebonwood entwined wand: casts both spells simultaneously.

CB: 17 mil to CRB, SOLD!

Note: I'm also open to trades involving a handaxe with a crap-ton of crit weighting or a high enchant and a little less crit weighting (no less than heavy), or maybe some other trinket that amuses me.

BO: Is set at 24 mil.

It holds at least 12 charges, but I'm not entirely sure of the maximum. If I determine what the maximum is, I'll post it. It appears to charge 1 charge every 3 hours. Here are some action shots:

You wave your entwined wand at a silverback orc.
1d100: 84 + Modifiers: 228 == 312

CS: +320 - TD: +42 + CvA: +11 + d100: +35 == +324
Warding failed!
A silverback orc twists in great pain!

CS: +320 - TD: +42 + CvA: +11 + d100: +9 == +298
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward the silverback orc!
... 101 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Blast quickly engulfs entire head, leaving only a bleached skull behind.
A silverback orc curls up in the snow and dies.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You wave your entwined wand at a silverback orc.
1d100: 53 + Modifiers: 228 == 281

CS: +320 - TD: +36 + CvA: +11 + d100: +71 == +366
Warding failed!
A silverback orc twists in great pain!

CS: +320 - TD: +36 + CvA: +11 + d100: +37 == +332
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward the silverback orc!
... 113 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Left arm strike strips flesh and muscle down to the bone which quickly cracks off at the torso!
A silverback orc curls up in the snow and dies.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Swami71
03-14-2011, 04:19 AM
15 mil

crb
03-14-2011, 08:32 AM
hmmm.. 12 charges 1 every three hours... sounds like they may have nerfed the new ones. The originally entwined wands were 25 charges 1 charge every hour. Made by Strathspey.

Ardwen
03-14-2011, 10:44 AM
if its at all like my vial it started at less the 100 percent full for some reason, mine had an apparently random number of sips when pulled

Archigeek
03-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Updated.

crb
03-14-2011, 09:22 PM
17m

Archigeek
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Updated.

Asha
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Might be a stupid question but I'm assuming CRB is buying it for his sorcerer.
Why would a sorcerer need this?

Fallen
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Mana issues. This gives you enough to finish your hunt/bounty without having to wrack. CRB enjoys bolting, so he likely rarely wracks. He also collects self-charging wands.

I like it, personally, for CvC. Hit someone with this and they are in RT and likely very badly torn up as well as stunned. It is a bit more style than just 719 or 720. I would most practically use it to extend my mana supply, as I complete all bounties in one hunt, without stopping for mana/spirit unless absolutely forced. With roughly 10% Ithzir Fading, and 11% hindrance I blow through a LOT of mana. That being said, I am saving up for another item and don't like bidding against fellow sorcerers.

Archigeek
03-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Might be a stupid question but I'm assuming CRB is buying it for his sorcerer.
Why would a sorcerer need this?

Why does a wizard need a gold wand? I can't speak for him, or any other sorcerer, but I buy stuff because I CAN use it, not necessarily because I have a need. If it makes my game experience a little more fun, I might as well go for it. Besides, what the heck else is a sorcerer going to buy? Unlike us squares, pures don't really have as much of a gear "need."

Or here's a thought, buy it yourself at the Buy Out and we'll never have to know the answer to your question.

Archigeek
03-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Or what Fallen said.

Asha
03-15-2011, 03:14 PM
As Delf I used to wrack twice each hunt and that pretty much got me all the mana I needed so I assumed it wouldn't be for that reason but like Kerl (is it?) said, why not buy it, is an equal question.
Thanks E.

Fallen
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
As Delf I used to wrack twice each hunt and that pretty much got me all the mana I needed so I assumed it wouldn't be for that reason but like Kerl (is it?) said, why not buy it, is an equal question.
Thanks E.

I'm not an efficient hunter. I hate mana efficiency. I kill everything but Scouts and Constructs in OTF, regardless of task, using 719 on all Ithzir but Jans, for which I use 415. I void Griffins, and if they don't die use Pain infliction. Whenever I'm in a swarm I will throw up an Area Web and drop Major E-waves, which is fairly often. I 416 every box I come across to see whether it is worth picking up, and if it is worthwhile and trapped, I will 125 it on the spot.

Add that all up and I blow through mana like no one's business.

Archigeek
03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
That sounds like a lot of work. You could really use a double wand with pain/disintegrate.

crb
03-15-2011, 04:16 PM
I actually wrack often, I don't mind because my AS is so buffed from enhancives I still bolt at around 500 post 1 wrack.

If you can't think why a sorcerer would buy this, think why would anyone else? Unlike bolt AS items which can be used by anyone with 2x in spell aiming, or even 1x with a blue crystal. This will really only be functional for hunting for use by a sorcerer.

this is also why it is less valuable than the other entwined wands. Dual dispel can be used by anyone, worth a ton. Then AS spell ones, then this one.

I like it for a mana battery, out of a collection mentality, and because according to Paul I'm now the 3rd richest player in game (coin wise) and those coins are itching to be spent on something fun.

Asha
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
You're preceded by Drew then Ardwen? Just wondering.
And yeah I get the reasoning behind a sorcerer wanting it now. Thanks all for explaining.

crb
03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I didn't ask who preceded me. You'd have to ask Paul, though it isn't Drew I'm sure. He used all his coins to get the double blink.

Drew
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
You're preceded by Drew then Ardwen? Just wondering.
And yeah I get the reasoning behind a sorcerer wanting it now. Thanks all for explaining.

Rich players: Dionket, Koops, Speaker, Katara (maybe?). I'd wager they are all ahead of Ardwen. Avantos still has a ton of nice stuff but sold a lot. I'm definitely not top 3, top 20 maybe. There are a lot of players who put a lot of income into this game and don't say much so it's hard to be certain at any one time. For instance Tsin was never in the top 5, but he was certainly number 1 in a lot of people's minds because of how out there he was.

One thing I'm proud of is that I've never bought anything in-game (other than events obviously) with dollars. All my items come from 400k I had when I restarted Gem in 2004. I was worried I might have to purchase a few coins for the blink certs (or sell something I didn't want to sell) but looks like I'm going to be just fine.

EDIT: I don't care if people do put money into the game, it's not a moral issue for me, and it's not really much different than buying tickets to EG auctions or droughtman's runs. It's a hobby, do what makes you happy. It's just something I personally have wanted to avoid because I don't like to consider all my transactions in the terms of dollars and cents (or pounds and pence for you weirdo british).

Archigeek
03-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Going twice!

Archigeek
03-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Note: I'll be testing this wand again tonight. As I haven't touched it for a while, tonight's tests should shed a little light on things.

Asha
03-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Rich players: Dionket, Koops, Speaker, Katara (maybe?). I'd wager they are all ahead of Ardwen. Avantos still has a ton of nice stuff but sold a lot. I'm definitely not top 3, top 20 maybe. There are a lot of players who put a lot of income into this game and don't say much so it's hard to be certain at any one time. For instance Tsin was never in the top 5, but he was certainly number 1 in a lot of people's minds because of how out there he was.

One thing I'm proud of is that I've never bought anything in-game (other than events obviously) with dollars. All my items come from 400k I had when I restarted Gem in 2004. I was worried I might have to purchase a few coins for the blink certs (or sell something I didn't want to sell) but looks like I'm going to be just fine.

EDIT: I don't care if people do put money into the game, it's not a moral issue for me, and it's not really much different than buying tickets to EG auctions or droughtman's runs. It's a hobby, do what makes you happy. It's just something I personally have wanted to avoid because I don't like to consider all my transactions in the terms of dollars and cents (or pounds and pence for you weirdo british).

Thanks Drew! :heart:

(or pounds and pence for you weirdo british).

Fuck you Drew!

crb
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
remember a failed invoke if you don't have enough MIU counts as a charge for these items.

Archigeek
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
remember a failed invoke if you don't have enough MIU counts as a charge for these items.

True, but I'd never have that problem with this item and 101 ranks. A fumble sure, but you're correct that they all count in any case. The only thing I own that I ever get a fair number of failures with is a major sanctuary item, but that's an entirely different can of worms.

I'll let you know what happens tonight.

Archigeek
03-17-2011, 06:43 PM
This item will be sold to CRB for 17 million at 10pm central time tonight if I receive no further bids.

FYI: further testing revealed nothing new: the most charges I've gotten out of it remains 12, and the recharging rate is still unknown. The several times I've let it rest for 24 hours or more, I've gotten 10 or 11 charges into it, and initially it held 12. Any interested buyers wishing to see testing logs are welcome to them. All numbers above have been checked and re-checked in my logs.

Archigeek
03-17-2011, 11:46 PM
And sold.