PDA

View Full Version : +5 spell aiming, crystal holding medallion

Singrin316
03-09-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm selling my droughtman's prize because I don't plan on playing my wizard anytime soon.

a leaf-shaped green rolaren medallion set with a blue crystal

The green rolaren medallion has a crystal placed in its setting- You can put blue crystals in it, probably white and black as well.

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the medallion is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the green rolaren medallion in your hand...

The medallion resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 5 to Spell Aiming Bonus.
The medallion looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

You sense that the green rolaren medallion will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

You sense that the green rolaren medallion will persist after its last magical charge has been expended.

CB: 15 million silvers to Fleurs- SOLD.

crb
03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
8 million

Fleurs
03-09-2011, 08:03 PM
10m

crb
03-09-2011, 09:15 PM
12m

Fleurs
03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
withdrawn

crb
03-09-2011, 10:46 PM
you know fleurs, between me and you.... we should form a cabal and just buy all the spell aiming items and flip a coin to see who gets each. We'd save a lot of money.

16m

Singrin316
03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Going twice, will be sold tomorrow.

crb
03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
sorry, must retract my 16m bid. I know, kinda douchy of me. So make it 15m to fleurs.

Singrin316
03-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Updated

Drakefang
03-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Well, color me confused.

allen
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I feel some wasted excitement..

Vrairdrick
03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I feel some wasted excitement..

Have both bidders now withdrawn??

Drakefang
03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
That appears to be the case.

Singrin316
03-10-2011, 06:52 PM
As far as I know (as of this morning via PM) Fluers holds the highest bid and is still interested. In fact, since I'm updating this I'm going to go ahead and say its sold.

Singrin316
03-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Hm, but I didn't see that post edit!

BriarFox
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM
That is some shady, shady crap right there.

crb
03-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Okay, Fleur's pm'd me and asked if I could let her have it because it was the last bit she needed to max out. I said okay just let me have any gloves that come up. She then asked if I could retract my bid, I protested, she insisted, so fine. It was just a 1m difference.

But then she said I should withdraw all my bids, which, IMO, is pretty stupid. I've never seen that happen in any sale, and the seller knows you're willing to pay 15m so if someone did that, withdraw all bids then try to get the MB, the seller should just say "fuck off" and raise the mb to that last amount the still interested party would bid.

In anycase, I didn't do that, then she said she would just withdraw all her bids and stick me with it at 12m.

I feel bad for the seller. So I'll honor my 12m bid. Even though I've since realized I don't actually have an open neck slot (oops, forgot I replaced with it a dex bonus enhancive).

But, anyways, so there you go. If I win it at 12m I'll find a use for it, or keep it and see how I can rearrange things when my fusion armor is done. Just, do me a favor, start back at once. Give it a few more days and see if someone who can more readily use it wants to bid.

Fleurs
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Actually, not that it's anyone's business, the seller and I worked things out this morning, and my 15m bid still stands.

Virilneus PMed me and said I could have this one if I agreed to back off on the next big spell aim item, however, since you've been such a douche about this, and driven the price up when you don't even have a slot open, all bets are off with regards to future items for sale. I didn't see anyone else outbidding me besides you. No one tried to "stick" you with anything, you just drove the price up for no reason and now you want to buy gloves for a cheap price. So there you go.

crb
03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I didn't want to get a reputation for shadiness so I decided to explain it.

And I did not PM you. You PM'd me. If you want we can ask Kranar to check PMs to verify it. Why would you lie about something so easily verifiable by a third party? Vbulletin doesn't encrypt PMs, they're readable to anyone with access to the database files.

I didn't realize I didn't have a slot open until after all this. When I was checking what I did have, to help you reach your goals, since you said just just needed another +3. I was even going to offer to just give you my earring that would finish you off, but then you got upset that I wouldn't withdraw all my bids.

But I'm glad you decided to honor your 15m bid with the seller.

Fleurs
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, I explained because you explained. Actually, I got upset because you tried to stick me with 15m without consulting me again. If I changed my mind since you outbid me last night, that's my personal choice and no one's business (see Droit's withdrawal from your auction). However, I worked things out with the seller and my final bid stands.

If you read your first PM, you would have noticed that I said I agreed to your offer only if you retracted your BIDS, plural, seeing as you were the only bidder, which you didn't. That would have made a fair re-start to the auction, which is exactly what you suggested when you thought you might need to pay 12m. If you didn't feel like doing that, there was no need for you to retract your final bid at all and we could have saved all of this drama.

crb
03-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Huh? When did I ever suggest restarting? All I suggested was going from "twice" to "once" to give other bidders a day or two to check it out because of the changes. Not to start back at 5m.

You might have said "bids" I guess, I obviously glossed over that because it would have never entered my brain that a seller would allow a buyer to retract all their bids. Once a buyer has shown their hand as to what they will pay for the item, then the seller should get that price. That is how auctions generally work anyways. In the rare cases in a structured auction where you can withdraw a bid, such as in certain ebay cases, it is only your last bid that is withdrawn. The other party's last bid would then stand as the last price they offered, regardless of how they got there.

BriarFox
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
You two were both way too willing to screw over this poor guy so you could get a couple of points ahead. No one should be congratulating you for honoring bids you had already made, which is what you're implicitly requesting. However, Viril seems far more in the right here, as far as I can interpret this mess.

Fallen
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
In the end, 15 mill for the item is one hell of a good price IMO, so the seller shouldn't feel too poorly about the experience.

Fleurs
03-10-2011, 08:48 PM
This price point would never have been reached if it weren't for the two of us bidding (see my original opening bid), so the seller was hardly screwed over. IF I had actually withdrawn, and Virilneus's last bid was 12m, I don't see how that's any different from him withdrawing his last bid and sticking me with 15m. But as far as I can see, all of this complaining is taking place mainly because Virilneus realized he didn't want the item any more for 12m either, and is complaining that I didn't stick to his "deal".

If Virilneus disagreed with me, he shouldn't have retracted his 16m bid at all, but in the end I'm the one still paying my final offer. Expect to see a similar bidding war for the gloves or anything similar that comes through.

phantasm
03-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I would have bid this up to 12m if you two hadn't already been going bonkers in here.

crb
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
But as far as I can see, all of this complaining is taking place mainly because Virilneus realized he didn't want the item any more for 12m either, and is complaining that I didn't stick to his "deal".

If Virilneus disagreed with me, he shouldn't have retracted his 16m bid at all, but in the end I'm the one still paying my final offer. Expect to see a similar bidding war for the gloves or anything similar that comes through.

As I already said above, you asked me to retract bids, I said that was kind of douchy (literally, that is what I said). You said "Drew just did it to you." I said "Fine" and withdrew my 16m bid, figuring it'd go for 15m, and it just 1m. Not a big deal, I'd gladly pay the seller 1m just for the drama. You then asked that I should withdraw all my bids (ostensibly so you could get it for 5m). I wouldn't (because I thought it'd be really going to the dark side to do so), then you said you'd withdraw all yours and I could be stuck with it for 12m.

If I didn't want the item for 12m I wouldn't have bid on it. I'd gladly take it for that price, it is worth that much, easily, and I'd find a use for it. I do have 5 other bolting pures. But to be clear, I wasn't running the bid up on you, when I bid each time I thought I had an open neck slot. I also did not agree to retract my one bid (after you asked) because I discovered I did not have the slot open. I was just trying to be nice to you. It wasn't until after you got angry I had not retracted all my bids that I discovered that the slot was taken.

I'm not complaining about anything. I was just explaining, I didn't want people to think I was shady to deal with, and it kind of looked that way as Briarfox pointed out.

If the seller wants the 1m difference I'll give it to them, gladly.

crb
03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I would have bid this up to 12m if you two hadn't already been going bonkers in here.

That is what I told her. She said I should withdraw them all because without me it would have never gotten that high. I said someone else would have bid it, we were probably just scaring them off with our rapid high bidding.

crb
03-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I was wrong, I said "scummy" not "douchy"

Here, anyways, dirty laundry for all to see:

how about you let me have this one then? :P It's the very last piece I need.

I lost one of my necklaces back in November, crumbled on me.

But okay. Dibs on gloves if they come?

Gloves are more valuable :P but deal, want to retract your bids? After this, all I need is +3 bonus somewhere non-head/neck/ring worn, but I've got two rank items I could use instead, since I don't use the full set at once very often.

BTW, you should really get a bard to check your crumblies every two weeks (I've got one too who could help), or top them up at the AG every month, they should never ever crumble!

don't you think bid retracting is kinda scummy?

Well, Droit did it to you? However, if you want this one, you can have it, then I get the next +5 bonus non-head/ring piece?

okay fine. I'll retract my most recent bid.

I don't want to pay 15 for it now. You've been the only other bidder all along. Then you'll get gloves or something for cheap?

Another bidder may have come in though, they were just scared away by our bidding.

I doubt it. You can have it for 12.

droit
03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Just for the record, me retracting a bid because I realized I didn't need the item is very different than colluding with someone to reduce an established bid on the item.

Don't drag me into this shit.

Rimalon
03-11-2011, 05:04 AM
You all should have been like me and buy up all the cheap crumbly enhancives, then have them DE-CRUMBLIFIED to get to max DEX and SA.

Also, Fleurs, shut the fuck up.