PDA

View Full Version : Latest CDs

Back
08-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Share your CD experiences.

Last five I bought...

5. Chillin at the Playboy Club. Two CD set of the coolest, trippy, funky, dancable, after hours music I've heard in a long time. First song on CD 2, Hayling (Original Full-Length Vocal) by FC Hahuna is my fav.

4. Marylin Manson - Golden Age of Grotesque. I've never bought any of his stuff, but I saw him do mObscene and another tune on a late night show and had to buy it. Its pretty good. Never heard the word 'fuck' so often on one CD. If you get the double CD, you can watch his crazy video.

3. Back to Mine - The Orb. The Orb mixes up their favorite tracks. Great CD. Another after hours kind of groove. Fav track, 'Ow much by Creature.

2. Rooney. Whiney white boys, but have a good sound. Reminds me of high school teenage love. They sound like the Beach Boys mixed with the Beatles.

1. Liz Fair. Not bad. A little on the pop side. She IS a good songwriter, I'll give her that. Didn't have the edge of her first CD.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Backlash]

Artha
08-03-2003, 01:07 AM
People buy CDs, still?

Back
08-03-2003, 01:20 AM
People buy CDs, still?

Some artists are worth my money to support. grin. Smart ass remark aside, I usually get my picks from free internet radio. I hear a tune I like, I buy the CD. Manson earned money from me by doing a late night show that I saw on regular (non cable) TV.

Bobmuhthol
08-03-2003, 03:27 AM
The last CD I bought was probably Counter-Strike. Two years ago.

Ilvane
08-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Coldplay's "A Rush of blood to the head" is really good. It was definately worth my money.

I like Liz Phair's new CD too, though it wasn't as good as her old stuff.

I bought Jack Johnson's too, and that's pretty good.

-A

Makkah
08-03-2003, 09:51 AM
T.I. and PSC "In Da Streets Volume 3" (GREAT CD)
Three 6 Mafia "Da Unbreakables" (EH, okay...)

T.I. "Trap Muzik" August 19th
Youngbloodz "Drankin Patnaz" August 26th
Gonna be two Dirty South classics.

rht

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by Makkah]

peam
08-03-2003, 04:59 PM
The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium [Awesome album from the ashes of At The Drive-In]

Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning [A little more poppier than the usual stuff. It's no "GODAMMIT"]

Bad Brains - The Best Of.. [It's Bad Brains. Superb.]

Finntroll - Jatkens Tid [Finnish Metal/Folk. Good stuff]

Back
08-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Forgot to add one, the mpst recent in fat...

Aphex Twin - 26 mixes for cash. 2 CD set. Never bought anything of their before. Heard some tracks here and there. They do a great mix of Beck's Devil's Haircut. Its not on this CD, but its great anyway. Innovative electronica stuff. Trippy, melodic. Almost like classical sometimes.

longshot
08-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Hanson's Greatest Hits.

Warriorbird
08-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Aphex Twin's just one guy.