PDA

View Full Version : I missed the announcement

Valthissa
05-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Val has 40 ranks of trading

She has been duplicating wands at the pawnshop for many years.

I had a script for it, usually made around 3K a day.

and now:

On the arcana table you see a crystal wand, a matted monkey tail, a torn scroll, a faded scroll, a clear glass wand, a crystal amulet, a pale thanot wand, a smeared parchment, an aged scroll, a silver wand, a slender blue wand, a yellowed scroll, a heavy quartz orb, a smooth bone wand, a polished bloodwood wand, an oaken wand, a twisted wand, a charred scroll, an aquamarine wand and a burnt scroll.
>buy aq wand
You decide to purchase the aquamarine wand, and pay the sales clerk 2863 silvers.
The sales clerk picks up the aquamarine wand and checks to make sure it is in good condition. She says, "It seems a little used, but still in great shape."
She hands the aquamarine wand to you.
>pre 918
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Duplicate...
Your spell is ready.
>cast at my wand
You gesture at an aquamarine wand.
A bright aura suddenly surrounds the wand and seems to consume it! After a moment, the glow intensifies and grows. Suddenly, the wand becomes transparent, and you are able to watch the process. Every part, every line, every curve splits into two, and slowly separates. As the outlines become more pronounced, you reach up with your left hand and grab the copy, pulling it away from the original. The glow fades from both objects and they solidify, looking almost identical to the original, and feeling a little lighter.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>go door
[Old News Pawnshop]
The racks and display cases are brimming with merchandise. Torchlight glistens on several blades. A cabinet in the center of the shop appears to be heavily padlocked. You also see an open doorway.
Obvious exits: out
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>sel wand
>
You offer to sell your aquamarine wand to the pawnbroker.
The pawnbroker takes your aquamarine wand, glances at it briefly, then hands you 1431 silver coins.
>
sel wand

You offer to sell your aquamarine wand to the pawnbroker.
The pawnbroker takes your aquamarine wand, glances at it briefly, then hands you 1431 silver coins.

a few days ago I would have made about 15%

oh, well

I don't see why this was a problem. You could only dupe the wands once.

I also don't like unannounced changes. It's just bad customer relations.

C/Valth

Kitsun
05-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Woah. Need to check that for myself, when the hell did that happen.

Bobmuhthol
05-06-2004, 06:38 AM
Good.

Kitsun
05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I just tested it with a wand off a CREATURE and not off the back table of the pawnshop and it gave me the full amount for each wand, not half of the original price.

Was your issue strictly with off the table duping or duplicated items in general?

Valthissa
05-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
I just tested it with a wand off a CREATURE and not off the back table of the pawnshop and it gave me the full amount for each wand, not half of the original price.

Was your issue strictly with off the table duping or duplicated items in general?

my issue was strictly related to duplicating items off the table. 40 ranks of trading equated to approximately 15% profit in GS4. The trading is probably still worth it, but after years of making a small return at pawnshops (I think I got my 10th rank of trading in '99 which is when I started making money this way) I'm sad to see it change - particularly without any announcement - of course, Simu's perspective could be that they were fixing a bug.

C/Valth