PDA

View Full Version : Alchohol, GS and you.

Back
08-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Some nights I like to have a few (relative) beers and screw around on the computer with GS, other games, message boards, IMs and what not.

Sure, I've over done it a few (relative) times and the next day log on to see my chars in weird places.

At the time it happening, its fun and crazy and really entertaining. I laugh my ass off most of the time. The next day is like, oh shit, what'd my char do now? Even though its a fantasy char, well, hey, don't want to end up in the dog house in a fantasy game. For me though this rarely ever happens.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one. Then I'm like, no way, couldn't be. So then I wonder, well, how many people do get their brews on while playing? Its hard to tell. I've seen some people do some crazy shit that I'd think they'd have to be drunk to do.

Another topic had someone who was harrassing Diana and someone claimed that the harrasser was drunk. Met some dude one night who was typo-ing so badly I honestly had no idea what he was trying to say. Whats everyones take on all this?

::cracks his first::

Betheny
08-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Last time I drank was at Simucon. It's a once, maybe twice, a year thing for me. Can't say I don't get goofy when I'm very tired, though.

StrayRogue
08-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Hickston has been know to get wasted when upset then go around killing people. Allanor is renowned for his drunken hunting ranger technique. I try not to play GS while drunk, as it most often gives me a headache.

Apollyon
08-30-2003, 07:17 PM
I usually get really high and play GS. That's tough though. It takes me like 10 minutes to get my weapon from my harness.

Back
08-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Apollyon
I usually get really high and play GS. That's tough though. It takes me like 10 minutes to get my weapon from my harness.

::laugh:: That right there was worth creating the topic.

Betheny
08-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Allanor. <snicker> When is he NOT drunk? Stupid college boys.

SpunGirl
08-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Heh. I'm sure Lord Adredrin, once he's done with his week-o-fun with his woman, will be happy to post the drunken IM I sent him which he so often taunts me with.

Being drunk in GS is a bad idea. Being drunk WITH GS players at Thrilla is a very, very GOOD idea.

-K

Back
08-31-2003, 04:08 AM
16 beers later I'm still bored. Fine, I'm going to bed.

Betheny
08-31-2003, 06:46 AM
Poor Backlash. You should start drinking bourbon or something. Vomiting is better than boredom. Right?

peam
08-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Playing GS drunk is hilarious. I usually end up going up to the coastal cliffs and mass murdering.

Neildo
08-31-2003, 09:30 AM
I only drink when going out with friends or at a party or something.. never when I'm alone. I'm not a poor drunkard/alcoholic.

- N

StrayRogue
08-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Yeah drinking alone is a bit feeble. I drink when I want to get drunk.

Warriorbird
08-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Heh heh. My last instance of drunken foolishness was over in that Genre topic. I mistook Erithians for Aeletoi.

AnticorRifling
08-31-2003, 05:37 PM
When I'm drinking to get trashed I'm never near a computer I'm normally out or at a friends just getting sloppy.

edge
08-31-2003, 06:52 PM
Being sober is to boring. I use to go on drunken rampages. Always autologged so I would know what I did last night..... Good times, good times.