PDA

View Full Version : Ghesta’s Justice

kgolfer
02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Listening to offers on the following:

a long-hafted vaalorn bastard axe

7x (+33), permanent heavy crit weighting, +10 to stamina recovery, +10 to mana recovery, +10 to max health, almost innumberable charges, 3 lbs, Guardian of Sunfist weapon (anyone in any society or profession can use it and get the full benefits). Can be used one or two handed using GRIP, either handaxe or battle axe base.

>look axe
Pitted and battleworn, the axe seems to have seen centuries of use. Countless numbers of hands have worn the long faewood haft down to an almost slippery smoothness, though the sharpened vaalorn head still retains the keeness needed to hew through bone and sinew. Dwarven runes are etched deeply into the wooden axe handle. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read axe
You try to read a long-hafted vaalorn bastard axe, but the language is not one you know. It looks like it's written in Dwarven.

read in Dwarven: Ghesta’s Justice

MB: 50 mil
BO: 70 mil

waywardgs
02-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Who's Ghesta?

kgolfer
02-28-2011, 11:39 AM
You don't know who Ghesta is......

waywardgs
02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Ah, the khazar dwarf. Got it.

IorakeWarhammer
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
my that owns

price range? i'm guessing 30-50m

Wrathbringer
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Sold for 80 or 85m at EG Auction '09 if I recall.

kgolfer
03-02-2011, 03:51 PM
bump

Androidpk
03-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I like how it only weighs 3 lbs. Can all bastard/battle axes get that low?

Wrathbringer
03-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I like how it only weighs 3 lbs. Can all bastard/battle axes get that low?

Nope, 5 lbs is max lightened for all others.

Edit: all other bastard axes, I should say. No clue what the limits are on a battle axe.

Wrathbringer
03-02-2011, 04:21 PM
On a side note, I'm trying to figure out why they used an elven metal on a GoS weapon? OP, any insight? Maybe the loresong reveals some reasoning?

Archigeek
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
3 pounds is I believe the normal minimum weight for a handaxe, unless you have a xenium-hafted shaalk cabis, which weighs in at only 2 pounds.

That is an awesome weapon. Woe that I cannot put a string on it, due to it's bastardly nature. If that were possible, it would be the super-awesome combo weapon of doom.

Androidpk
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
3 pounds is I believe the normal minimum weight for a handaxe, unless you have a xenium-hafted shaalk cabis, which weighs in at only 2 pounds.

That is an awesome weapon. Woe that I cannot put a string on it, due to it's bastardly nature. If that were possible, it would be the super-awesome combo weapon of doom.

Because it weighs 2 lbs?

Archigeek
03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Because it weighs 2 lbs?

I'm not quite sure I get the question, but if you're asking why it can't have a string on it, it's because it's already scripted with the gripping to change from single handed to bastard axe.

The cabis on the other hand I mentioned only because it's the lightest handaxe I know of. That doesn't mean there aren't others that are that light though.

Steering back to his sale: it's a really nice axe.

Androidpk
03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm not quite sure I get the question, but if you're asking why it can't have a string on it, it's because it's already scripted with the gripping to change from single handed to bastard axe.

The cabis on the other hand I mentioned only because it's the lightest handaxe I know of. That doesn't mean there aren't others that are that light though.

Steering back to his sale: it's a really nice axe.

Yeah I probably should have been more clear. I meant is it in awesome weapon because of its weight.

On a side note, I'm trying to figure out why they used an elven metal on a GoS weapon? OP, any insight? Maybe the loresong reveals some reasoning?

I was wondering about that. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with Illistims close proximation to the Dragonspine mountains, which puts it at greater risk from the Grimswarm. Maybe they made it for Sunfist as a token of appreciation?

/ramble

Archigeek
03-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah I probably should have been more clear. I meant is it in awesome weapon because of its weight.

I think it's awesome top to bottom: 7x and heavilly crit weighted alone puts it into the pretty rare category. Add in the blockbuster enhancement combo, grimswarm connection/pedigree, name, description, and super light weight... it's pretty much the package deal that hits on all cylinders. I bet it'd be a bitch to further enchant with PPs though, but I don't see how you can really complain about that.

kgolfer
03-17-2011, 10:38 PM
bump with prices

kgolfer
03-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Clarification

Even though it is considered a GoS weapon, anyone in any profession or society can use it and get the benefits.

kgolfer
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Bump.

Up for sale still.....

kgolfer
04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Bump

Bid of 50 mil to Slamy

kgolfer
04-14-2011, 06:19 PM
bump

kgolfer
04-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Bump

kgolfer
04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Bump

Another buyer backed out, Slamy this time.