PDA

View Full Version : Chalat Discusses Spring Fashions

Nilandia
02-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Seeking a log of Chalat discussing the spring fashions for Ta'Illistim in Prime last night. I went to the one in Plat and some information came out that Itzel didn't mention in her post, so I'd like to 'compare notes,' so to speak. I don't know what all was said in Prime, but I'll be happy to supply what I know from Plat.

Gretchen

Nilandia
02-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Still looking!

Gretchen

Fallen
02-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I'd love to help but I only caught the tail end when he was altering. I could possibly pull up a log of those present, if that might help you.

Nilandia
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
That's very kind of you to offer, E. Thank you. I got what I needed, though. Looks like our versions weren't too entirely different.

Gretchen

Vanyah
02-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Just throwing this up for anyone else who wants it... C&P'd everything from the event.

The spring is a time for light fabrics. Silks should form the majority of the wardrobe. Velvets and damasks should only be worn for outerwear, and only in the evening

Day gowns are of a single length, though multiple layers of fabrics are popular

Overgowns and undergowns should coordinate, but embellishments such as embroidery, beading, and the currently popular painting-on-fabric should only be worn on one layer.

Necklines are high, with a trend towards cowling, and pleating and drapery are in fashion

Accessories and details, such as belts and cinchers, are architectural, creating a contrast to the overall soft and naturalistic shape.

Evening g-g-gowns are longer in the back than the front, with high necklines but low-cut backs

Arms are bared during the evening, with weather dictating the presence of wraps.

Lady Mivae Avelleur has made f-f-fur wraps popular.

The most popular embellishment right now in evening clothing is painted silk

The overall silhouette is soft and naturalistic, with accessories in contrast.

Warm shades are popular in jewelry right now, especially electrum, copper and bronze.

The winter trend of faceted stones continues unabated.

Don't bring out your cabochons yet, they're still out!

Lady Miran'ta tells me that solid colors predominate on shoes.

Damask, brocades and marbrinus are best avoided in footwear

Accents like metallic toes on closed shoes and subtle beading on open-toed shoes and sandals are common. All shoe fashions are variable with weather conditions.

Light fabrics. Silk, raw silk, linen.

MEN

Hosen are out!

Thin leather trousers, worn close to the body, are in.

he spring's day jacket is cameline trimmed in leather, worn with appropriately matched leather trousers. Long-sleeved tunics of silk, linen and soft materials are prevalent.

Evening jackets continue to be cameline, though the single hip-closures of the winter have given way to a double-clasp pair of fastenings

A proper evening jacket should have a waistline dropped just below the hips, and should be worn over a long-lined, long-sleeved t-t-tunic

Silk hosen have been replaced with closely worn trousers of thin and soft leather. Cotehardies and hip-belts are being worn only for ceremonial functions, such as weddings, funerals and diplomatic events."

Boots continue to have pointed toes, but the muddy puddles of spring have created a preference for higher, taller footwear, leaving ankle boots and shoes unfashionable

Riding boots

Sturdy materials are preferred, to contrast the new trouser styles, usually in solid colors or a naturally patterned leather. B-b-buckles are frequent, in a more masculine mimicry of the architectural female accessories."

Nilandia
02-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Thank you, Vanyah. Much appreciated.

Gretchen

shad0ws0ngs
02-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Also he doesn't care for cravats, the heathen

Vanyah
02-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Chalat Discusses Spring... 02-22-2011 12:21 AM who cares get a live

Um... I think this thread started by someone asking about it. And its spelled LIFE, good sir or ma'am.

Elvenlady
02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Ignore it Vanyah, all us barbie types have been told to get a "live" or "life" at one point or another. I can only assume the anonymous repper has nothing better to do than be rude to people on the internet.

Thank you for posting the summary.

Vanyah
02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Ignore it Vanyah, all us barbie types have been told to get a "live" or "life" at one point or another. I can only assume the anonymous repper has nothing better to do than be rude to people on the internet.

Thank you for posting the summary.

My pleasure! =)

IorakeWarhammer
02-22-2011, 01:28 PM
thanks Vanyah