PDA

View Full Version : The Barren Fury Guild

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Here is a place where we can discuss the interworkings of the Barren Fury. What do you want from our guild? What do you not like about it currently? What do you wish we did more of? What do you think the structure of our guild should be? Have you heard of some good ideas that other guilds are doing and you would like to see instituted in ours?

05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Less talking about plans and organization, more praising of Dar.

:cow:

Littlefang
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
I love what happened over the weekend.

TOJ and Cay took me and Fain(I don't know how to spell her name) to Dustwallow led us through a few quests. Very cool even if I did keep dying.

Joined Sade for a crossroads beating of Alliance goobers.

Worked in 1k needles to help Lefallah and Stabbed and Gorlock with their quests there along with Kagg. We also drove out some Alliance there too.

Did my very first instance BFD. Wow was that great. Only died cause I am stupid heh got lost and turned around. We killed some great creatures, got cool loot and then killed some stupid paladin who was waiting for us to get out.

Then joined with Stabbed and a bunch to fight back alliance in Ashenvale.

Every single thing was with the Fury.

Can we say I think we should do more of this!

Probably the most fun since joining.

LF

SnatchWrangler
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Who?

Littlefang
05-31-2005, 01:21 PM
I love Dar but his computer sucks.

:tumble:

Trinitis
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Here is a place where we can discuss the interworkings of the Barren Fury. What do you want from our guild? What do you not like about it currently? What do you wish we did more of? What do you think the structure of our guild should be? Have you heard of some good ideas that other guilds are doing and you would like to see instituted in ours?

I'd have to say Bayne and Dar. :P

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM

Dar who? Never heard of him.

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin

I'd have to say Bayne and Dar. :P

You are jealous of Bayne. Nothing more.

Trinitis
05-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Jealous? Of some retired old cow? hardly :P

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 03:10 PM

He's not retired.. he's just being used for stud services.

Wezas
05-31-2005, 03:24 PM

He's not retired.. he's just being used for stud services.

Poor Plainstriders

http://wow.allakhazam.com/images/mobs/Adult_Plainstrider.jpg

Nieninque
05-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Burn

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Not burn.. because his picture is nothing but a little red X.

SnatchWrangler
05-31-2005, 03:49 PM

Is that because it's a link from Allakhazam, and poor innocent little Falgrin's eyes cannot handle the responsibility that comes with being able to view video game websites while at work?

Tsa`ah
05-31-2005, 03:52 PM
On the thought of what I don't like currently are the two newer assclowns.

Maybe it's just the way they are, but seriously ... Bland and Rynwhatever are just a pair of jackasses. It's cool that you have a pair of capped newcomers, but their attitudes suck ass.

Aside from that, everthing is cool.

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

Is that because it's a link from Allakhazam, and poor innocent little Falgrin's eyes cannot handle the responsibility that comes with being able to view video game websites while at work?

Ok.. back on topic because I really want some feedback on this guild.

Come on people.. now is the time to speak up!!!

Parkbandit
05-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Maybe it's just the way they are, but seriously ... Bland and Rynwhatever are just a pair of jackasses. It's cool that you have a pair of capped newcomers, but their attitudes suck ass.

I find Bland to be a pretty nice guy actually. And like I said in another topic, I think it's more because he is very familiar with Dar, Alorg, Sade and myself that makes him seem less "formal" than a typical newcomer would. I've quested with him for about 15-20 levels and find him to be a really nice guy.

I only quested with the other guy one time and he seemed harmless enough. Don't get caught up in the smack talk. I imagine there would be TONS of people irritated with me if they didn't know that deep down inside I am a sensative, caring stud of a guy. They might even think that I was this arrogant prick.. which we all know couldn't be further from the truth.

:saint:

Hulkein
05-31-2005, 04:03 PM
My take on the way the guild is right now is really positive.

Higher levels helping out, people who have already done quests doing them again to help those who haven't. No one is stingy, they are willing to give away most items if it will help another member.

I think the fact that a lot of us know eachother here makes it more conducive to helping out in game.

[Edited on 5-31-2005 by Hulkein]

SnatchWrangler
05-31-2005, 04:11 PM

I'd really like to hear examples, as I've found one issue someone had with Blandesmon to be a complete and utter misunderstanding. Him and Deconite arguing also does not constitute him being an ass clown.

Rynaw, only thing I can think of is the odd issue with him being bitchy about some DE'd item with Keilum in Scholo. I do not know if Rynaw will be around long, and if his attitude sucks in the future, one thing or another will change.

I'm sure I could pick out minor issues I've had with people that I've never brought to to light because I found it easier to simply ignore them and pick my battles.

I think we're moving in the right direction but we still have alot of growing to do as a guild as our ranks fill out and more and more people reach 60. I think we'll be able to evaluate things much better in a few weeks when more people have reached the cap and alot of the newcomers that have recently joined us become more comfortable with their guildmates.

Tsa`ah
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I've been kicking around the idea of an all hunter's guild attachment. Unfortunately WoW isn't set up for interguild chat or even tabard variations.

If you've ever taken part in a raid or just stopped by TM for shits and giggles, you should have noticed that there are normally only a few hunters on either side.

Now imagine a Leeroy ( :lol2: ) or two making the lead portion of a zergling charge at horde lines. Imagine what would happen to that Leeroy (or two) running into 6-10 pets, concussive shots, stings, and aimed shots.

Not a chance to get off that immunity crap. Le dead.

A 5 man instance run with just hunters wouldn't require a healer unless the mobs were huge. It's just a matter of coordinating the attacks and keeping the tanks (pets) healed and fed.

But as far as hunters go, the guild doesn't have that many. Gorlock, Grimlock, Little, CT's waaaay absent hunter, and myself.

Tsa`ah
05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
I'd really like to hear examples, as I've found one issue someone had with Blandesmon to be a complete and utter misunderstanding. Him and Deconite arguing also does not constitute him being an ass clown.

It's just the demeanor. Perhaps it is because you know the guy(s), but either just come off as a pair of cocknozzles.

While I don't expect everyone to help at the drop of a hat or underhunt instances, the snide BS remarks aren't needed. I believe the one of the times Silth, Azz, or I were recruiting for an instance run, Bland was a complete jackass about even being asked.

If you're busy, you're busy. If you don't feel like or don't want to ... fine. No need to make a scene and demean guild mates because of it.

I'm sure I could pick out minor issues I've had with people that I've never brought to to light because I found it easier to simply ignore them and pick my battles.

I'm not arguing this at all. There are going to be tiffs within the guild and I don't expect people to bit their tongues. In the same breath ... I don't expect people to be jackasses about being petitioned for help either.

I think we're moving in the right direction but we still have alot of growing to do as a guild as our ranks fill out and more and more people reach 60.

I agree and to add, to that, Silth, Azz, and I have been going balls to the wall trying to hit cap with not much of a break. It's either grinding quests, or trying to get into instance groups.

The only other time I've ever butted heads with a guildmate is with crazymage's characters, and that's only because he wasn't able to leave bullshit attitudes on the boards where they belong.

SnatchWrangler
05-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I believe the one of the times Silth, Azz, or I were recruiting for an instance run, Bland was a complete jackass about even being asked.

If you're busy, you're busy. If you don't feel like or don't want to ... fine. No need to make a scene and demean guild mates because of it.

See, I'm going to go out on a limb here and go with the old "it's difficult to construe demeanor through text."

He may have made a comment, but I'll bet it was in jest. I mean...a few weeks ago, I was sitting around Org and got a tell from some random saying "Will you lead us through an SM run please?" A fraction of a second later, Blandesmon had just logged in and whispered to me "Any runs going on?".

So instantly I told the random N00B begging to have his hand held through SM "I hear Blandesmon is up for a run, why don't you ask him if he wants to join you."

30 seconds later I get "Blandesmon whispers: I hate you. I will get you back."

I ask him what he's doing..."I'm going to SM, I can't say no to anyone without a good reason. =) "

So I mean...he donated his time to some random person no one had any affiliation with...I have a hard time thinking he was demeaning you for asking for help.

He is a really good guy, I'm just thinking people got the wrong initial impression off of him due to his sarcasm. With the recent misunderstanding cleared up, I think he'll tread a little lighter in the future.

Trinitis
05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
I think it sucks that I managed to get two of my roomies over to Dunemaul today, and no guild members where on who could invite them! That's what sucks!

Keller
05-31-2005, 11:30 PM
I think he'll tread a little lighter in the future.

Except he'll drop the term faggot, gay, and nigger-rigged without remorse.

He's a fucking classy guy.

Nieninque
06-01-2005, 11:32 AM
RFK tonight for the new kids on the block?

Hulkein
06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I got class until 9 pm eastern (6 pm server time), and that's pretty late for you, so I don't know if I'll be in time.

If you guys are on afterwards, I'm up for it.

Nieninque
06-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Eesh thats 4am for me :sniffle:

You are ruining my enjoyment of the game!

/gquit

Hulkein
06-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Heh, yeah, I know it's too late for you.

If you guys have 5, do it, I'm sure most people will do it multiple times.

Nieninque
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I will probably tag along with another group...makes more sense for me to do it since I am the only one playing at normal times

Izalude
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Like all guilds, you need more dedicated priests.

Nieninque
06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah we have a couple in their fifties now, one who seems to be around a far amount, though he is quite new so it remains to be seen how long he sticks around for.

Nieninque
06-01-2005, 07:05 PM

Keller
06-01-2005, 07:40 PM
And Rone has coaxed him over to the dark side.

Booo Toj.

crazymage
06-01-2005, 07:43 PM
are you serious? i am so gonna destroy that warlock.

Nieninque
06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
I also just found out that Keilum, Silthar, Blood and his friend have all left the guild.

crazymage
06-01-2005, 07:56 PM
im quitting because Nien blocked one of my sns!!!!

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
So where to now?

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
I also just found out that Keilum, Silthar, Blood and his friend have all left the guild.

:rolleyes:

I wonder why

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Keller

Booo Toj.

See you on the battlefield bitch :D

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

:rolleyes:

I wonder why

I know why Keilum left, as he told me last night.
I have an idea why Silthar left and subsequently why the two friends he and/or Keilum encouraged to join up left too.

Tell us why you left, Mr "YOU ARE RUINING MY GAME PLAY!!!111"

Lyonis
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
t was sad to come into game and find out a few of the people I really liked in the guild had left. I think when I find the new Toj in game I’ll get all junior high and kill him a few times to say, “Hey man, how’s it going?”.

Other then that, everyone in the guild has been beyond helpful to myself and from what I’ve seen to anyone who asks for assistance. I would like to see some more guild ganking action though. The best time I ever had in WoW was when a few of us from the Fury owned Booty Bay for a few hours.

Cay's player

06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
It seems like I'm the only one that has no idea why, and that makes me sad. :cry:

SnatchWrangler
06-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Booo Toj.

See you on the battlefield bitch :D

Hahahaha! With the rate you level, by the time you're old enough for Battlegrounds, Simu will have released Hero's Journey.

What class did you roll anyways? (Please don't say paladin...)

Littlefang
06-02-2005, 02:26 PM
I really don't know either and I always enjoyed TOJ always very helpful. We have this fairly large group of people around the same level so was getting to hang with others in the guild has been great fun. I also am actually moving along in level. Ya ya ya.

I also like Kagg's Hunter raid group idea. Wouldn't it be cool if you could have all your pets active at one time send one after a different mark. cackle

LF

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 02:27 PM
What class did you roll anyways? (Please don't say paladin...)

I got a lvl 50 paly with the creation of my NE druid

crazymage
06-02-2005, 02:46 PM
lol ne druid you will so be smoked.

SnatchWrangler
06-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by crazymage

I can't believe he chose a Night Elf...I'm going to soooooo ruin his game play experience.

crazymage
06-02-2005, 03:08 PM
lets keep a running tally of how many times Toj. Is absolutely destroyed by THE BARREN FURY

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 03:22 PM

not by your mage

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 03:24 PM
lets keep a running tally of how many times Toj. Is absolutely destroyed by THE BARREN FURY

What you should keep a tab of is how many people leave the guild because of Neininque

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm keeping a tally of how many leave the guild because they are sad little dramaqueens who get themselves lost in places in the game, then throw juvenile tantrums because they dont get precise detilas of how to get their sorry fucking arses out of the mess they got themselves into by doing something stupid.

So far, just you are on that list ;)

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm keeping a tally of how many leave the guild because they are sad little dramaqueens who get themselves lost in places in the game, then throw juvenile tantrums because they dont get precise detilas of how to get their sorry fucking arses out of the mess they got themselves into by doing something stupid.

So far, just you are on that list ;)

funny cunt you wanted the shit I was finding you continually whispered to me.

let me have this. I play more. They are never here dont give it to them.

You are the reason the Barren Fury will not last the summer.

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
rofl
You are seriously fucking warped

seriously.

See a doctor...it may be gulf war syndrome.

I worry so much about you that you have to create fucking drama like this. I think you are a twat, but I wouldnt wish this level of suckiness on anyone. Please, walk away from the computer.

Edited to add: What stuff do you think a level 43 Warlock would be finding that would be better than the stuff a 60 Druid would be finding? :no:

[Edited on 2-6-05 by Nieninque]

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Edited to add: What stuff do you think a level 43 Warlock would be finding that would be better than the stuff a 60 Druid would be finding? :no:

herbs

all leather items

etc

want me to continue?

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Please do.

I asked you once for some swiftthistle...but have a 40 shaman that is near maxed in herbs, so that was a request out of laziness.

I dont think I ever asked you for leather...you had some blue pants which you offered to me and stabbed. I told you to give them to stabbed.

Cant recall a time I have EVER said to give me stuff over someone else because I play more...in fact the only conversation I can remember any mention of the amount of time I play was when you got your knickers in a twist and said "I am fed up of you being here all the time, ruining my game play" so, yes, please do continue.

Freak

Keller
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
It seems like I'm the only one that has no idea why, and that makes me sad. :cry:

Keilum and I have been looking at new guilds for a while now. We both wanted more committment from the players to the guild than what the BF offers. Blandesmon being a fucking hick and then being told to take it elsewhere by our guild "leader" when I told him the term "nigger-rigged" was inappropriate catalyzed my decision.

Bloodlegion came to the guild after I spent about 2 weeks recruiting him so naturally he wants to end up where I do.

I wasn't there for Toj's departure but I'd known he was unhappy for quite some time.

I don't want to break my ties with the BF and I'd like to not be childish about me not being in the guild anymore. Still expect random mailings from yours truly as whatever guild I get into will not have the caliber of friends I had in the BF.

For me it's a matter of playing end-game material consistently. I can do that in a bigger guild.

I hope this clears up any questions and/or confussion anyone might have had.

Trinitis
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I just wanna know who Viktor is :P

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Sergey

Trinitis
06-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Sergey

Oh. That explains the whole carebear thing last night.

Lyonis
06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
While I can’t comment on your specific circumstances Toj with any sort of authority since I wasn’t there, I can say that your accusations fall way of out line with everything I know about Sade’s player. They also don’t fit with the fact that I’ve personally been the victim and witness of her generosity to others while I’ve been in the guild.

Where they do fit is with a disgruntled ex guild member who’s throwing a hissy fit because he didn’t get his way. The guild wasn’t right for you, congrats. Take a page from Keller’s book and learn some class.

theotherjohn
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Lyonis
While I can’t comment on your specific circumstances Toj with any sort of authority since I wasn’t there,

That is right you were not there in the mornings when 2 guild members were online.

Get my way?

All I wanted was the bitch to STFU

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
And so you left the guild, deleted your character and re-rolled alliance.

Riiiiiiight :spaz:

Wezas
06-02-2005, 04:42 PM
This thread makes HP look drama-free.

Keller
06-02-2005, 04:49 PM
.. Take a page from Keller’s book and learn some class.

I believe I left the guilding saying, "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you"

Seriously, those were the last things I said in guild chat. ;)

Lyonis
06-02-2005, 04:49 PM

While I can’t comment on your specific circumstances Toj with any sort of authority since I wasn’t there,

That is right you were not there in the mornings when 2 guild members were online.

Get my way?

All I wanted was the bitch to STFU

Okay so you’re saying this occurred when only two people were on, you and Sade, making this a case of your word vs. hers. This is why I gave examples of the character I’ve observed in Sade as reasons why I believe her. Your credibility is also lacking as mentioned in my previous post.

Well you’re out of the guild and on the alliance so you won’t have to speak to Sade or anyone else in the Fury unless we’re giving you a “No” storm from all hell. That should alleviate your need for her silence. Anything else I can help you with?

CrystalTears
06-02-2005, 04:50 PM
No kidding, Wezas.

Seeing as I don't have the perspective from within the game and only from what I've read in this thread, it looks like TOJ just left the guild and didn't tell anyone. Seems the drama is coming from others when they discovered he left. Can't you just accept that he wasn't happy playing and decided to go elsewhere? What's the big deal? And if he was unhappy, that's his feelings on it and telling him that he's wrong is not right either.

Just let the man do his thing. Kick his ass in the game if you want. I guess I don't get why the animosity. People don't get along... this is new? Didn't know we were supposed to.

Incidentally, I don't really play on this server anymore because..

a) I found that PvP is not my thing, especially when I'm alone, b) I find myself always alone because I don't level as fast as everyone because I play other characters as well, and people were doing their own thing.

I think Dar and Sergey were the only two who went out of their way to help me (Dar with one instance and Sergey with equipment). It was kind of a bummer to play there after a while. :shrug:

[Edited on 6/2/2005 by CrystalTears]

Lyonis
06-02-2005, 04:53 PM

.. Take a page from Keller’s book and learn some class.

I believe I left the guilding saying, "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you"

Seriously, those were the last things I said in guild chat. ;)
I’m sorry I missed that. My comment was in reference to your post in this thread and to your attitude towards my character in the game since leaving the guild.

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
No kidding, Wezas.

Seeing as I don't have the perspective from within the game and only from what I've read in this thread, it looks like TOJ just left the guild and didn't tell anyone. Seems the drama is coming from others when they discovered he left. Can't you just accept that he wasn't happy playing and decided to go elsewhere? What's the big deal? And if he was unhappy, that's his feelings on it and telling him that he's wrong is not right either.

Just let the man do his thing. Kick his ass in the game if you want. I guess I don't get why the animosity. People don't get along... this is new? Didn't know we were supposed to.

Way to get it wrong CT.
He got himself lost in Azshara and asked where the horde town was. I gave him the general area and the co-ordinates. He said he didnt have the UI mods any more (which I knew...just forgot) so the co-ords were no use to him.
I mentioned he could try worldofwar.net who have some maps, and he said he would rather ask in guild. No more was said. He obviously died once or twice more trying to find the camp, and then asked again. Alorg said much the same as I had earlier and I said he could download Insomniax again to which he took umbrance and told me if I didnt like it I could leave the guild.
When I told him that wouldnt be an option, he said...and I quote..."Fuck you, I am tired of you being here all the time and ruining my game play."

He then asked Bayne for the gems he had sent and quit the guild. I think I can safely say that everyone who was logged in at the time were gobsmacked...but we then laughed about it.

I posted that he had re-rolled alliance because that ws funny...but the stuff he is saying here about me whispering to him begging for stuff he found (a) make no sense and (b) are just plain lies.

He is seriously fucked in the head. I dont give a shit about whether he is in the guild or not. I thought he was a wanker from the PC due to his outburst on Boomsplat a few months back...but in game I thought he was OK. Since he left and others have been saying abiut the bitching he was doing behind my back, I think he is a sorry excuse for a man...and now he is doing stuff that I thought was stupid when I was twelve, I think I was right in the first place.

Interestingly, the criticisms I have had from other people in the guild is that I dont talk enough to them,. so I guess Toj was just special, huh?

CrystalTears
06-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the recap. Like I had said, all I had to go on was from the threads. I don't remember any of that being mentioned, so forgive me for not being omnipotent to see into the game. :rolleyes:

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the recap. Like I had said, all I had to go on was from the threads. I don't remember any of that being mentioned, so forgive me for not being omnipotent to see into the game. :rolleyes:

Seems to me its pretty daft saying things like
Seems the drama is coming from others when they discovered he left. When you arent (a) there to see or, (b) omnipotent.

CrystalTears
06-02-2005, 05:06 PM
For the third fucking time, I said that all I had going on was from the thread. The drama HERE was from EVERYONE ELSE. Fucking Christ, Nien.

Trinitis
06-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Nieninque = Sade?

Hrm, I've been informed I'm suposed to talk dirty to you for bags ;)

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
For the third fucking time, I said that all I had going on was from the thread. The drama HERE was from EVERYONE ELSE. Fucking Christ, Nien.

I must have been reading a different thread then, because Toj is right in the middle of it. :shrug:

Hulkein
06-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Nieninque = Sade?

Hrm, I've been informed I'm suposed to talk dirty to you for bags ;)

That was you? Hadier I think?

I have a shitty 8 slot bag if you just need bags to fill all your slots, but if you want larger ones, Sade's the one.

Let me know if you want the 8 slot bag, and your name, I'll mail it.

Tsa`ah
06-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I think Dar and Sergey were the only two who went out of their way to help me (Dar with one instance and Sergey with equipment). It was kind of a bummer to play there after a while. :shrug:

You make me cry.

Parkbandit
06-02-2005, 06:13 PM

You make me cry.

Me too. I wasted some good flirts on her.

Parkbandit
06-02-2005, 06:23 PM

Keilum and I have been looking at new guilds for a while now. We both wanted more committment from the players to the guild than what the BF offers. Blandesmon being a fucking hick and then being told to take it elsewhere by our guild "leader" when I told him the term "nigger-rigged" was inappropriate catalyzed my decision.

When I said "Take it elsewhere" I was referring to the drama you were bringing to the guild channel.. as in take it to whispers.. take it to IMs.. take it to emails. If you took it that I was asking you to leave the guild.. then I am sorry I wasn't more clear. I thought it was pretty obvious what I wanted.

I am sorry to see you three go... but like I said before, it's a game and if you are not happy because of the guild, then I hope you find a guild that meets your requirements. I have no ill feelings or anything else.. so if you ever want to do a 5 man or 10 man.. I'll be happy to show you how it's done.

And Toj.. I can't wait for our epic battles :) I'll make sure Stabbed is on the lookout for you. :smug:

crazymage
06-02-2005, 06:32 PM
i through out bland theres a no racial slur policy in effect, (unless its canadian because they dont count)

Hulkein
06-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Nien made fun of me for cutting my hand with a knife while cutting a roll for a sandwich.

Throw her out too. ;)

Nieninque
06-02-2005, 06:53 PM
I wasn't making fun of you...I was thinking of your safety....NOW MOVE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!

Keller
06-02-2005, 07:06 PM

When I said "Take it elsewhere" I was referring to the drama you were bringing to the guild channel.. as in take it to whispers.. take it to IMs.. take it to emails. If you took it that I was asking you to leave the guild.. then I am sorry I wasn't more clear. I thought it was pretty obvious what I wanted.

I am sorry to see you three go... but like I said before, it's a game and if you are not happy because of the guild, then I hope you find a guild that meets your requirements. I have no ill feelings or anything else.. so if you ever want to do a 5 man or 10 man.. I'll be happy to show you how it's done.

And Toj.. I can't wait for our epic battles :) I'll make sure Stabbed is on the lookout for you. :smug:

I think when someone says something as repugnant as nigger-rigged and then tries to justify it as "just a saying where I'm from" the guild leader needs to do more than tell the person complaining to take it elsewhere.

I know you never meant for me the leave the guild. But being told, in essence, to shut up, was not the right response in my book.

crazymage
06-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I through him out I dont know why bayne didnt, we've thrown people out for similiar comments. You're welcome back

Keller
06-03-2005, 02:46 AM
Unfortunately I pretty much knew my time was limited in TBF.

I have 2.5 months before my life is taken away from me by school. Thusly I want to experience some of the end-game material that I've been working towards. To be able to do that consistently I need to pursue a larger guild.

For sure I still want to 10-man with you guys. I don't like being out of the guild and wish there was someway to be a defacto member -- but alas there is not. So if you guys ever need an extra rogue (though I am not a dps whore, more of the stamina whore type) let me know. I've most of you on my friends list and I'd like the random "what the fuck is up?" tells.

I came to this server to hang out with people from the PC but with my time limited I need to pursue one of the major guilds -- even though I'm sure the guild will suck balls. Do you guys realize I have to fucking audition and write an application? It's incredible how serious these people take themselves. I also HAVE to have ventrillo (unless I have a Mac, which I am considering lying about to avoid the rediculous "blue team go!" banter).

I guess that is all.

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 03:58 AM
I hope you find what you are looking for.
My worries about the bigger guilds are that some of them are saying they dont want rogues right now.
On the bigger instances (i.e. MC) they have loot systems in place which work in favour of the more established members of the guild, so nubs to the guld are going to be less likely to get loot anyway, making the drive for end game gear redundant...not sure if they are as bad as KG on the alliance side, but I know that BOC were emulating a lot of the systems that KG have.
Good luck though and I genuinely hope it works out for you.

Keller
06-03-2005, 04:55 AM
If I wanted end game gear I would pvp my nuts off. As it is I want to play the end-game material and think I'll have a shot at that.

Thanks for the well-wishes. :)

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 08:16 AM
If I wanted end game gear I would pvp my nuts off. As it is I want to play the end-game material and think I'll have a shot at that.

Kind of like Alorg: Our own resident instance whore?

SnatchWrangler
06-03-2005, 08:49 AM

Who also, incidently, hasn't lost a duel to a Barren Fury member, past or present, in well over two months...

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 08:50 AM

Who also, incidently, hasn't lost a duel to a Barren Fury member, past or present, in well over two months...

Time to knock you down a peg bitch. You will call me Daddy when I beat your ass.

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Sounds kinky

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Who's up for another instance tonight? What's after RFK? SM? I think I have one quest there.

Grolock and I had a blast last night. We did a couple quests in Hillsbrad last night and ended up in Arathi. Ganked a 38 sorcerer, 31 hunter, 32 rogue, 33 warrior and a few others... and ended up getting tag teamed by a couple ??.. one a paladin and one a rogue. I can imagine what the call was that went out...

"WE NEED HELP, 2 fucking low level horde are in Arathi fucking the shit out of us.. send capped characters now!!"

It was quite amusing.. this really old paladin was guarding this 21 paladin that obviously went afk. Since the Paladin started shit with us.. we decided to kill the 21 year old. I sapped the old one and started working on the 21.. but my sap lasted a big ass whopping 2 seconds on the old paladin, so that battle was over pretty quick. We ended up moving in opposite directions and just taking ranged shots at the 21.. we ended up killing him, but we both died in the process. Stealth does not work against fucking old human paladins.. and that makes me sad. :(

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 09:08 AM
No way can we do SM yet...Gnomeregan needs to be the next I think, but thats 36 so Stabbers may be a little too young just yet.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 09:14 AM
No way can we do SM yet...Gnomeregan needs to be the next I think, but thats 36 so Stabbers may be a little too young just yet.

Ah.. that's true. I need to really push to get to 32.. for blind. Or is it 34?

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 09:16 AM

Littlefang
06-03-2005, 09:21 AM
What time are you starting I probably won't be in till like after 10? I would love to do another instance. I really learned a lot when we did BFD.

LF

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Littlefang
What time are you starting I probably won't be in till like after 10? I would love to do another instance. I really learned a lot when we did BFD.

LF

10 might be pushing it for me. I R OLD and I have to get up in the morning for work. Be there at 9 and I would do RFK again since Lef stole my blue thief shoulders. Bitch ninja looter.

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm up for killing the pig again...I want that dagger that stabbers stole

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm up for killing the pig again...I want that dagger that stabbers stole

Not my fault you couldn't roll better than my 28.

You rolling a 16 was the best moment by far in WoW for me.

:)

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Bejesus...you should find another pasttime :P

Hulkein
06-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Alright, I should be on for most of the night tonite. I have a golf tee-time tomorrow really really early, so I don't plan on going out.

We need to do RFK, then we got Gnomeregan and SM in just a week or two.

I need upgraded gear, big time. So whenever, just let me know.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 03:34 PM
RFK tonight then.

Me, Gro and Lef so far.

We need a healer for sure.. ala Sinax. Then a good tank or another hunter like LF.

Trinitis
06-03-2005, 03:41 PM
if anyone has time tonight, and we manage to get done with Silverpine, the roomie and I could use a little help getting through RFC. Backpack or like level, don't matter. I just don't see a mage and a priest taking that cave.

Nieninque
06-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I can take you through RFC with Sade...took Hadiar through earlier in 30 minutes...see if we can beat that time :D

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
if anyone has time tonight, and we manage to get done with Silverpine, the roomie and I could use a little help getting through RFC. Backpack or like level, don't matter. I just don't see a mage and a priest taking that cave.

I don't think I've ever been RFC. Since experience is so quick and the rewards aren't that great.. I have skipped that instance twice now.

Trinitis
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
your loss PB. The snakes in there drop some nice shop food. Stuff that stacks to 10, and sells for like 2.5 silver each. At level 14-18..thats damn good loot. :)

Nieninque
06-06-2005, 08:28 AM
I decided to post this here instead of Toj's thread because it's more appropriate, given that its about TBF.

Post was written in response to Adredrin's complaint about not getting taken through RFC and WC and not getting bags:

Guys they are bitching about me.
I offered to do RFC with them but on the day I was going to do it, they hadnt done thralls quests so needed to do them and I think I was finishing something off. By the time they and I finished what I was doing it was 2am and I was tired. I told them I would do it the next day, but they did it instead, obviously with Arkans, which is cool. No problem there from what I see, they did it.

I did offer when I logged in the next day to take them around RFC...in fact I asked as soon as I logged in and saw them both online. They said they had done it and wanted to do WC instead, which I didnt want to do. My bad. I should have done it to prevent such bad feelings. FYI, it takes longer to do WC than the 30 minutes I can get through RFC and I really couldnt be bothered to do WC. I dont apologise for that.

In terms of the bags, the materials I am sent for tailoring at the moment are Runecloth (from Alorg). I have enough material to do about 3 or 4 bags at the moment but need some rugged leather (2 per bag).

When I looked on the AH yesterday or the day before, there was (believe it or not) not one single piece of rugged leather there. Not one. Therefore, I must be bad because I couldnt spend the 1-2g I was planning to on making new people to the guild some bags

Edited to add, if you want bags made from linen or wool or silk, seeing as how you will be collecting the stuff when hunting/questing, why not send it to Sade in the mail with a note saying "can you make me some bags from this please?" That way, you dont have to wait for me to get the material, I dont have to go out of my way to make it for you, then we dont end up in unnecessary bitch-fests on here. Easy innit?

And the claims that only those from the in-crowd on PC get help is so untrue. I thought Hulkein and Arkans were dinks from their showing on the boards but helped them the same as I would have anyone. And Adredrin, I have more respect for you from the boards than either of those two monkeys, but I am getting the feeling that that may be misplaced

Parkbandit
06-06-2005, 08:39 AM

If no one is around, it is a very simple task of getting 3 more members of an instance party together.

First, put out a message on the Looking for group channel that you need 2 more for RFK. I have never not heard of someone looking for an RFK group.. so that shouldn't take long at all. Then if you are looking for a class specific.. like healer or warrior.. do a /who warrior 20-25 and it will pull up a list of different warriors from 20-25. Look for someone around your area not already in an instance. Do a whisper to them if they are interested in doing RFK with you.

If you follow these directions.. you will have your instance group filled out rather quickly and you are on your way.

06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Speaking of which...

I currenly have a fist full of silk and some linen if anyone needs it. Send me a tell, a mail, or reply here if you want it before I AH it.

- Arkans

PS: It's possibly even easier to find a WC group than an RFK group. I get spammed with tells constantly when I walk through the barrens.

Littlefang
06-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah if anyone needs help please ask. Send a tell cause I sometimes miss guild stuff unless I scroll back. Being in an area with lots of alliance I take my eyes off my stealth screen heh I end up dead.

I can do leatherworking lower level stuff and I skin so I can send leather if anyone needs.

Can't help with instances but I know most of the quests around Xroads and 1kneedles. So please let me know if you need.

I am a very slow advancer so most of you in your teens now will pass me before I get to 40.

LF

Nieninque
06-06-2005, 10:25 AM
A good thing to do, is to find a hunting/questing partner.
That has by far been the most beneficial thing for all of my characters so far.
Kilasae I paired up with Krathan (originally with the Knights that say Moo) and we did about 20 or so levels together.
Sade I quested with Alorg from 30-50ish and Lef is lucky enough to have a bunch of the guild around the same level...so that makes that easy.
Having said all that, I am also on at odd hours compared to you lot which means I can get a lot of thequests in places like STV or Hillsbrad done solo without too much ganking, but it also means I dont get to do the instances and elite quests so easy. If I want to I have to either pick-up group or stay up until 2-3am in order to fit in with guild members. I dont mind, that's just how it is and I find I can usually get groups together if I really want to do something...that goes for all the way up to cap.

CrystalTears
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I was thinking (I know, it scares me too) if perhaps it's playing a hunter on a PvP server that's not for me. I have a feeling if I played something a little tougher I would be happier with it. Granted I suck at PvP so that may be why playing a hunter is just kicking me while I'm down.

So what suggestions do you guys have for a different character? I was thinking either rogue or mage, but I'm open for other suggestions. I'm sure the guild has plenty of each class, but I'd like to try something else.

Littlefang
06-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Heh I play a hunter and gads it is very hard. Specially since I also suck at pvp. I do much better in groups for that. Now quests I do pretty decent by myself I can even do orange quests sometimes by myself.

All my other characters are on rp servers so not sure how I would do as them on a pvp server. From watching Kagg he is just a awesome hunter I think he should give lessons and Lefallah and Stabbed look like playing a rogue is much fun.

LF

Trinitis
06-06-2005, 01:42 PM
\
Guys they are bitching about me.
I offered to do RFC with them but on the day I was going to do it, they hadnt done thralls quests so needed to do them and I think I was finishing something off. By the time they and I finished what I was doing it was 2am and I was tired. I told them I would do it the next day, but they did it instead, obviously with Arkans, which is cool. No problem there from what I see, they did it.

I did offer when I logged in the next day to take them around RFC...in fact I asked as soon as I logged in and saw them both online. They said they had done it and wanted to do WC instead, which I didnt want to do. My bad. I should have done it to prevent such bad feelings. FYI, it takes longer to do WC than the 30 minutes I can get through RFC and I really couldnt be bothered to do WC. I dont apologise for that.

I asked in game on the 2nd. You said you'd assist us when we were ready. I posted on the 3rd, in hopes we'd get one or two more people, to make it go even faster, you said again you'd assist us. When you asked if we were ready, we said we needed to pick up one quest, and we'd be ready to go. We got that quest, and I informed you in channel we were ready to go. We then stood at the entrance to RFC for 2 hours, waiting for you.

After two hours, you /t me, telling me you were tired and going to bed. I was angry at this point, because we stood around for 2 hours for nothing. But I did not say anything, I just said g'night, and we went off to quest some more. After a couple of quests, I asked on chat if anyone could take us. Arkans stepped up, and we went.

The next morning, you logged on and asked if we were ready to do RFC. I informed you that we'd finished it, but would be really greatful if you could take us through WC. You responded with "Eh, I don't want to do WC" then switched over to your rogue.

I can understand someone being busy. I can understand our time differences. What I can't understand is the lack of interest in helping people you'd already said you were going to help. If you were unwilling to assist, why offer?

The fact is, we were ready (level wise) to do the quests at 10am (Dunemaul time) on the 3rd. All we had to do was gather the quests which took a grand total of 15-20 min. We were waiting for some word from you, because we were trying to not be pushy or anything. We got that word, scrambled, then sat around waiting, untill you went to bed. :shrug: I don't know what else to say. We knew as soon as we breached this subject anywhere, we'd be labeled whiners, and poked at. Maybe we should have just vanished from the server and kept quiet. But we did waste 4 days in hopes we'd get guild interaction. Oh well.

Nieninque
06-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I personally hate instances. They are just not my thing. I agreed to help you do RFC because I know it is short and I know where everything is. I feel the same way about RFK and RFD and Gnomeregan (Horde side). I just know them so it takes little to zero effort to whisk someone through it. I detest SM (ask Sergey), I strongly dislike WC. I am less inclined to help someone do something I really dont like doing myself. I pay to enjoy a game and really arent going to spend my time doing something I really dont like in the game.

For whatever reason, RFC didnt happen. I know that I had asked you if you wanted to do it on one of the times previously and you werent ready or couldnt or something. It happens. I didnt know you were stood outside the instance or I would have said something, obviously. But by the same measure, if I were stood in one place waiting for someone, I would have found a non-pushy way to ask whether they were coming or whether I were wasting my time waiting for them.

Also, just because you say something on the chat channel, doesnt necessarily mean I see it. I cant remember if I responded, but if I didnt the chances are I didnt see. I dont ignore people.

I was willing to assist, contrary to your belief. Sometimes though, things get in the way. If you expect people to drop what they are doing because you say you are ready, then you will spend a long time in life disappointed. FYI, I never offered to take you round WC, so really, you getting the arse because I wouldnt take you there is laughable.

Also, if you were angry about it, why not say something to me...instead of making veiled references to me as you did in your posts here. That's just playground stuff.

Maybe our ideas of what guilds are about are different. I have no problem helping people out when I can, sometimes I offer and cant do it straight away. I do have a problem with a general expectation that I will help out because I can...and when people start to be demanding (which you are sounding like at the moment, even though you didnt at the time) I just cant be bothered.

Iqxero
06-06-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm just going to respond here to a bunch of posts in Toj's thread as to stop hijacking it.

I appologize if my original and subsequent posts came across as "DAMN YOU FOCKING BAREN FURGY! I GAD DAN HAT YOU! LOZERS! LOZERS!!!11!!!!1!!!!"

That's not the case. I through my own fault came into the guild with different expectations. The posts and threads I had read on these boards were several members of the Barren Fury saying how much they helped, how good the interaction was etc. As Adredrin said, I have everything I will ever need on another sever. I have master craftsmen, I have gold, I have a mount, I have high level instance running characters. I don't need anything on that server from anybody, except people to run Strat and other high level content with, ever again.

I appologize if I came off wrong, I was not expecting to log into Dunemaul and be like "HEy! I r New!" and receive 200 gold, uber item sets from 1-40, and 2 level 60 babysitters to carry me through the entire first half of the game in a weekend. I did not demand this, and I did not want this.

What I wanted, and did not receive, was some bags, and some help with RFC and WC. I was told it should have been posted on the boards instead of asking ing guild, but we did both. I have been told that "If I wanted silk/wool why didn't I mail it?" Because I only ever found 2 peices of wool. I would have purchased everything for wool or linen bags on the auctions house, and mailed it to Sade to create bags for me, but that wasn't what I was told. I was told that we would get bags. This was a miscommunication I suppose, and I will accept the fault for that.

What happened, is I spent 35 hours in game in three days. I volunteered EVERYTHING I found as herbs and leather which I gathered, and sent every gem item, as crappy as they are, to Bayne as I was instructed. I did enjoy the chatter in the guild, and actually got a chance to talk to some of the people on here who I normally only get to read responses from.

Howerver, I did not join Dunemaul to quest with strangers. Or anybody not in the Barren Fury for that matter, I do that all the time on Khadghar. Adredrin and I have come to the realization that we don't have enough people to do high level content, since there are only four of us, and we thought we would try to get into the Barren Fury to push ourselves up to high level and be able to do things in a guild with people we "know."

I'm sorry this has become an insult war, with everybody who posts about it thinking Adredrin and I are whining, and other insulting things. It was not my intention for this to gain such heat, but since my first post was more inflamitory than I had thought when I originanly posted, this also is my fault.

In conclusion, I don't wish the Barren Fury any ill will, I was only joking in Toj's thread because I was upset and felt a little dissapointed in my interaction, because I didn't receive what I had hoped to going in. The majority of the people on Dunemaul are funny good people, and it's a shame I came in at a time when everybody's alt was in their mid thirties. Perhaps once Stabbed and that group cap, you could post something here saying that a group of you are starting new characters and Adredrin and I could give it another go and be able to join up and get what we wanted out of the guild.

`Iqxero
Lomelas

06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Iqxero

I'm sorry this has become an insult war, with everybody who posts about it thinking Adredrin and I are whining, and other insulting things. It was not my intention for this to gain such heat, but since my first post was more inflamitory than I had thought when I originanly posted, this also is my fault.

Well, to be honest, I didn't see any of the posts as "whining". I'm a little more clear on what your complaint is now, though. I just wanted to make sure that you were looking at things from everyone else's perspectives as well.

I'm also shocked that no one has put 2 and 2 together yet. Let's review the facts:

1. Barren Fury known for being generous and helpful.
2. Dar takes 2-3 week vacation from WoW
3. Barren Fury begins to get reputation as being a selfish group.

It seems pretty obvious that everything positive you've ever heard about the Barren Fury, and that any good works that were done, were done by me. Now that I haven't been playing, you are left with folks like Alorg that are all about ME, ME, ME.

CrystalTears
06-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't know if you're being serious or not, Dar, but your assessment isn't far off the mark. Not saying about anyone else but I rather like the guys in the guild. However you were the only one who went out of their way to help me with quests (actually it was invite to do quests that I hadn't gotten yet and earned me a bitchload of experience) and not caring how old you were in comparison to the rest of us. I thought that was very cool. :shrug: When you weren't around, I personally missed it.

[Edited on 6/6/2005 by CrystalTears]

06-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Of course it was a joke! There are plenty of people in the guild that put far more time/gold/items into helping others than I ever will or ever have.

CrystalTears
06-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I understood what Adredrin and Lomelas was saying which is why I said something to help them out. I don't want to have any bad blood between any of us because I don't want to leave the guild and want to make it work.

I love the guys in the guild. I hear them talk of the quests and raids and such and I get all eager to want to join them and encourages me to do more... til I get ganked on the way somewhere. Ugh. I guess I was expecting something else, like they were. I'm willing to try other options though, til I find the niche that makes me happy with it all. I just may be a big brat about it is all. :D

Hulkein
06-06-2005, 04:29 PM
And the claims that only those from the in-crowd on PC get help is so untrue. I thought Hulkein [was a] dink ... monkeys

:grr:

F U

But seriously, you have been helpful even though we never really got along here.

See what happens when you get to know someone? What would you do without Grobags?

...You don't have to answer that.

Littlefang
06-06-2005, 04:29 PM
I have a 15 shaman right now so if that helps with anyone let me know and a 15 rogue that i haven't gotten in the guild yet. But please I would love to quest with people. Give me a shout if I am on.

LF

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Littlefang]

theotherjohn
06-06-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm just going to respond here to a bunch of posts in Toj's thread as to stop hijacking it.

Then fucking delete your posts and post them here.

I am tired of reading about Sade and her lack of helping in my guild's thread

SnatchWrangler
06-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Now that I haven't been playing, you are left with folks like Alorg that are all about ME, ME, ME.

I could have 4 epic mounts with all the skins, herbs, recipes, and gear I've given away.

I know you're just joking, but I still wanted to point that out. ;)

Iqxero
06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I have removed my posts from the Carpe Diem Thread. Any further discussion with me about my adventures in Barren Furry can be done here, on AIM or U2U.

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Iqxero]

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Iqxero]

Nieninque
06-06-2005, 05:58 PM

Then fucking delete your posts and post them here.

I am tired of reading about Sade and her lack of helping in my guild's thread

Actually, it was about the guild as a whole...not just me.
I know I am so incredibly important to you, but please just let it go. Your pettiness is becoming quite dull.

Littlefang
06-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Good night last night. I was really low on HK's and had a blast killing alliance around xroads while I waited for Grolock. After we quested I moved to Stranglethorn where I have a few quests but its such a gank fest. I joined up with a group of 3 doing quests there and we ran to turn them in at Nessingways. Which seems to be the Southern Tarren Mills. For some reason us 4 and a 50th shaman tore the place up. We killed everyone more than once and turned in our quests and waved goodbye when the 60's rolled in was a lot of fun. Heh Anyway was a blast.

And I am now using my custom made Bayne slicer!

If anyone sees a gun for a 35 and up I am old enough to use the slugs Cay made me.

Thanks!

LF

Nieninque
06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Good night last night. I was really low on HK's and had a blast killing alliance around xroads while I waited for Grolock. After we quested I moved to Stranglethorn where I have a few quests but its such a gank fest. I joined up with a group of 3 doing quests there and we ran to turn them in at Nessingways. Which seems to be the Southern Tarren Mills. For some reason us 4 and a 50th shaman tore the place up. We killed everyone more than once and turned in our quests and waved goodbye when the 60's rolled in was a lot of fun. Heh Anyway was a blast.

Bayne Slicer? Mmmmmmmm Roast Beef...

If anyone sees a gun for a 35 and up I am old enough to use the slugs Cay made me.

Thanks!

LF If you ask Cay or Iksor/Viktor or maybe even stabbers, they can make a level 36 Mithril Blunderbuss

Parkbandit
06-07-2005, 08:05 AM

Thanks!

LF

When the game gets back up.. (How long is it down again on Tuesdays? God, I completely forgot it goes down.. so much hate for it) I'll check to see how good a gun Stabbed can make for you. I think the best is a mithril one.. but it's green and it's about your level.

Parkbandit
06-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Yea.. what Lef said. It's a mithril Blunderbuss. I'll have Bayne go farm for ore.. I think I have everything else.

Nieninque
06-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Game is down for two hours longer today.
Suggestions that it could be because BG are up...but no patch downloadable yet, so maybe it isnt today :shrug:

Parkbandit
06-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Suggestions that it could be because BG are up...but no patch downloadable yet, so maybe it isnt today :shrug:

When does it come back up?

Nieninque
06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Same time I think...it went down two hours early.

Wezas
06-07-2005, 08:29 AM
I heard 11am PST (so 2pm EST)

SnatchWrangler
06-07-2005, 11:32 AM

I'm hearing the patch is almost 50MB, and it does indeed include Battlegrounds. Good times.

Nieninque
06-07-2005, 11:49 AM

I'm hearing the patch is almost 50MB, and it does indeed include Battlegrounds. Good times.
Yup...glad to be wrong on that one.
10% downloaded so far :D

SnatchWrangler
06-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Assuming WoW ever works for me again, shouldn't we have enough to put together a full 10 man team for BG?

Dar, Bayne, Sade, Silthar, Keilum, Azzul, Kagg, myself...then find a mage and priest (Bloodlegion or Lyeraof if he's ever on?).

You should retire that JV team and bring out the Varsity squad. Keilum looks quite imposing waddling around with that bigass Reaper on his back.

Parkbandit
06-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Assuming WoW ever works for me again, shouldn't we have enough to put together a full 10 man team for BG?

Dar, Bayne, Sade, Silthar, Keilum, Azzul, Kagg, myself...then find a mage and priest (Bloodlegion or Lyeraof if he's ever on?).

You should retire that JV team and bring out the Varsity squad. Keilum looks quite imposing waddling around with that bigass Reaper on his back.

I'm down for that.. How about tonight? I'm sure Bayne is down to like a scout or grunt by now.

Edited to add:

I'm just annoyed at the length of time it takes to get INTO BG with a 10 member team. I can't believe that it takes that long to get a 10 member alliance group together to battle against you. Last time I waited almost 2 hours with only 3 people in the group to get into BG.

That tells me that either the BG mechanics are broken.. or the Alliance has a bunch of pussies who are scared to go into BG against an opposing force of equal size and levels.

[Edited on 6-14-05 by Parkbandit]

Hulkein
06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
It's the latter.

I hear most Alliance players are slowing down with the BG because they just get absolutely destroyed every time.

theotherjohn
06-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
It's the latter.

I hear most Alliance players are slowing down with the BG because they just get absolutely destroyed every time.

I dont think that is true for capture the flag.

I love carrying the flag around to get more points before winning

Nieninque
06-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I have played a few awesome BG alliance groups. Only once got slammed by a group that were so together it was frightning) and have been well beaten a couple of them. I would have to say though that I have been on the losing side 5 - 8 times in BG. We have won many times.

I can only honestly put that down to the fact that the alliance tend to have babysitters with them, or travel in packs (ironic really since we are the horde) and are so not used to being pitched in even battles.

The skilled alliance are the ones that shine through...and as most run with the pack, the skilled ones are few and far between.

theotherjohn
06-14-2005, 02:38 PM

I can only honestly put that down to the fact that the alliance tend to have babysitters with them, or travel in packs (ironic really since we are the horde) and are so not used to being pitched in even battles.

The skilled alliance are the ones that shine through...and as most run with the pack, the skilled ones are few and far between.

very true statement.

Since I was horde a little while I understand (a little) what it is to hunt and PvP solo. Yeah I know I was only middle 40s and will have to learn endgame PvP.

Many alliance I talk to dont even see a need to duel. My response is wtf how do you know how to kill this profession unless you do it

06-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm down for that.. How about tonight? I'm sure Bayne is down to like a scout or grunt by now.

I'd be up for BG, but not if it takes all night to get in. We could also just take a 10 or 15 man team and go raise some hell in Alliance territory.

Let's all meet at 6 PM eastern (Really around 7 or 8, but Alorg always arrive one or 2 hours late.)

SnatchWrangler
06-15-2005, 01:52 PM

I'd be up for BG, but not if it takes all night to get in. We could also just take a 10 or 15 man team and go raise some hell in Alliance territory.

Let's all meet at 6 PM eastern (Really around 7 or 8, but Alorg always arrive one or 2 hours late.)

Shaddup Dippy. I put together raids now, so I'm usually one of the first there.

If we join the epic size BG, Alterac, we can all enter one at a time, since really...they're always in need of Horde there. It's fun, but somewhat fruitless right now.

The Capture the Flag is fun and fast. If we put a group together, there will definately be a wait time involved, but it shouldn't be more than 20-30 minutes or so (which still sorta sucks, cuz if you go in solo, I rarely wait more than a couple minutes.)

Hulkein
06-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I've been in the Warsong Gulch BG like 8-10 times and haven't had the horde lose one of those times.

SnatchWrangler
06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm dying for a new weapon. I don't know why I'm posting this here, because no one here can most likely help me with it (unless they come across a Krol Blade, Mass of McGowan, or Sword of Zeal in the AH...but I check the AH religiously looking for these).

But if for some reason someone happens to come across one...hook a troll up! I've got gold! (Maybe Kagg or Azzul would come across a Krol or McGowan while grinding. ::shrug::) I'll give you guys whatever the going rate is. I'm sick of my armor being pretty much set but my weapons being basically Maraudon level.
=(

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

Keller
06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Maybe we should be farming the shanker, you troll pansy.

Also -- fyi I am at home in Indy right now and don't have my "rig" so I can't do BG/instances.

I tried Warsong today and got worked. It was terrible.

When I get back to LA I might not have a job anymore so I think we should start doing guild instances as often as we can. Keilum and Bloodlegion should be down for it too.

We have a good 10 man group to raid LBRS with Kagg and Azzul.

Keilum, Bloodlegion, Bayne, Dar, Silthar, Alorg, Sade, Kagg, Azzul, Deconite.

I will also start running DM groups when I get back if anyone wants to grab a couple of items from there it shouldn't be too hard as Mallak taught me a few nice tricks.

06-17-2005, 09:42 AM
We should definately get an instance run (for quests and xp, as well as items) orginized for this weekend. Any takers or ideas?

- Arkans

06-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Ragefire Chasm with Wailing Caverns for dessert!!!

:noob:

06-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Uldaman I'm thinking!

- Arkans

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
I have no problem with either Varsity or JV instances. I'm a little younger for the JV team right now.. but since I am Stabbed.. that makes up for my low level.

06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
The only difference between Grobags and Stabbed is one constantly dies for the real and the other just pretends to get out of combat :P

- Arkans

So, any interest for Uldaman besides Stabbed?

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't know how I missed this post the other day...

Maybe we should be farming the shanker, you troll pansy.

Why? I hemo and spam SS, I'm not the backstabbing type. For reference, my SS crits max out at 550. I watch Cab (with his Brutality Blade from MC) crit with SS for over 800. Even Mass of McGowan (which is the mace equivalent to the Krol) SS crit average around 750.

I've got a good enough dagger, I have no need for the shanker. At 60, it should be apiece of cake for you if you bring a lesser shadow protection potion and some mind numbing poisons for your blades. I'll show you how to do it, but by no means do you need help with it.

We have a good 10 man group to raid LBRS with Kagg and Azzul.

Keilum, Bloodlegion, Bayne, Dar, Silthar, Alorg, Sade, Kagg, Azzul, Deconite.

Meh, we can leave Deconite out of the raid, or we can stealth run it with him.

A Mage is an IMMENSE help in any end game instances. Sheep and AoE are HUGE (especially in LBRS). We don't really need a full raid of 10 anyways. I would like to Stealth Run it this weekend if possible. I need one fucking gem to complete the UBRS key, and can never find a group. Hell, if Keilum wants the Belt of Valor, we can 5 man it since it's the first boss that drops the last gem I need and the Belt of Valor. I heard they nerfed LBRS by getting rid of 1/3 to 1/4 of the mobs there, so it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so to get to the first boss, kill him, reset the instance, and repeat.

Honest question...do Sade and Bayne (and Dar) have any interest in even playing those characters anymore and getting them better gear? Or do you plan on capping your rogues and using them from now on?

I will also start running DM groups when I get back if anyone wants to grab a couple of items from there it shouldn't be too hard as Mallak taught me a few nice tricks.

My first tribute run in DM was with Mallak. The group I ran it with was pro-champ level. We did a full tribute run, no props needed, and finished it in under an hour. His pet ChuckNorris is a friggin' riot aggroing everything then running off to die while everyone else ninja's through.

You need a specific group for DM west (which is the only part I'm interested in for the Bracers of the Eclipse). A warrior, warlock, and priest are pretty much a must have (or you can substitue the priest if you have a druid AND shaman). It's a pain putting these groups together, but well worth it. Definately not an easy 5 man instance if you're not skilled and careful.

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
The only difference between Grobags and Stabbed is one constantly dies for the real and the other just pretends to get out of combat :P

- Arkans

LOL.. I bet I've died half as much as you.

Nieninque
06-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Honest question...do Sade and Bayne (and Dar) have any interest in even playing those characters anymore and getting them better gear? Or do you plan on capping your rogues and using them from now on?

Cant speak for Bayne but I have no problem in playing Sade, though I do want to get Lef capped at some stage. Would also like to get Kilasae capped at some stage too but have no plans to rush that.
Also have plans for Kyri and Vyx to come on somewhat at some point too.

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM

I have an interest in playing Bayne and getting better equipment.. but I so enjoy playing my rogue more. It's like I just gave you a capped empath to play in GS.. sure, it's fun for a while, but wouldn't you miss playing your rogue? I have twice as much fun playing a rogue as I do a shaman.. which is why I went with a rogue instead of a mage or priest.

If we are doing a cap instance of BG.. yell, because I would love to do it with Bayne. If not, I'll be playing Stabbed because I really enjoy playing him. He is one bad ass mother fucker... especially right now. For his level, I have some real nice gear. I have a like level blue dagger and sword.. which is great for only level 37.. and the rest of my gear is pretty good. I can't believe the luck I have had with good leather drops. The 2 items I had that were questionable were upgraded by Cay last night.. my bow and my boots.

Keller
06-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I've only been to LBRS once in a 10-man. It was late at night and I was .... suffice to say I don't remember much of the instance.

So having you just run me to the barman once would allow me to know the routine and I will be able to do it alone then.

Also ... I am in Indy for a bit and wont be playing until next weekend (when I'll be at Keilum's house for a couple days). I know he wants the belt so we can 5-man it then. Bloodlegion will come with us. I'll give him a heads up.

I also wonder about Dar/Bayne/Sade.

Keilum and I also want to run Strat and Scholo a few times next weekend to collect set gear. So if anyone of those three want to come with -- send me a u2u. I'd like to set up a time so I can make sure Bloodlegion knows.

Also: Kagg -- HURRY THE FUCK UP

Keller
06-17-2005, 11:36 AM
As for your mage concerns Alorg: I have a priest, you should roll a mage and we'll beat Kagg to 60 together.

Hulkein
06-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Arkans

- Arkans

Haha, it's not my fault I aggro three of them at once thanks to my immensely powerful multi-shot and have to feign death once in a while to get them concentrating on the healthy group members.

I'm cool with Uldamen or RFD, though I don't have any quests for either. I'll get on thottbot and find out where they begin and pick them up if no one has them to share.

Nieninque
06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
One quest for RFD and that is at UC, inner side of the royal quarter I believe

Hulkein
06-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Roger that. Thanks.

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 12:13 PM
I've only been to LBRS once in a 10-man. It was late at night and I was .... suffice to say I don't remember much of the instance.

So having you just run me to the barman once would allow me to know the routine and I will be able to do it alone then.

You mean BRD. The Shanker is from Plugger in BRD. LBRS is completely different. And I'd rather not raid it, as you can't complete any quests, and I don't think the UBRS key gems drop in a raid.

I also wonder about Dar/Bayne/Sade.

Keilum and I also want to run Strat and Scholo a few times next weekend to collect set gear. So if anyone of those three want to come with -- send me a u2u. I'd like to set up a time so I can make sure Bloodlegion knows.

Also: Kagg -- HURRY THE FUCK UP

I have no problem running Strath and Scholo as long as I get what I want! Waaaaaaaah-bulance! I want two items from each. Same with UBRS. There's probably 8-10 rogue items in UBRS, 5-6 in LBRS, and ~ 8 each in Strath in Scholo. I want two from UBRS, two from Strath, and two from Scholo. That's it. I don't really run them now, because I don't want to get to the end of UD Strath only to have to roll against 2 other rogues and some ninja for the Bonescrapper from the Baron, or roll against all rogues, hunters, and any other fucker (druid or shaman mostly) that think they're a melee class and want the Cape of the Black Baron.

We can run UD Strath with 8 no problem, last boss is kinda hard, but good healing, AoE, and holding aggro on him make it easy.

Scholo you'd need 10 for.

Also, the rogue set pieces are junk. I've got 6 pieces of Shadowcraft and I only wear one of them (the shoulders). The PvP bracers are basically the same and I wear them, the gloves and pants are not even close to the devilsaur set. The belt is decent, I may decide to wear it, but right now my crit % is low so I've got a belt that's +1% to crit.

I've got the chest piece, which is pretty damn good, but it's also VERY comparable to the PvP chest, and the Cadaverous Chestpiece. It's really just preference, and my current preference is the Cadaverous piece. I'll probably wear the SC chest once I get the +100 health enchant on it for PvPing, and the Cadaverous for grinding and raiding.

The head piece is the best piece of the set...which is unfortunately one of the two pieces I don't have. The boots are decent (which I also don't have) but the Blood Guard boots are nice (especially the +3 sec to sprint for Capture the Flag) and the Pads of the Dreadwolf from LBRS is really the only item I want there, and probably the best non-epic boots for a rogue.

So anyways....yeah. You don't really want your set pieces Silthar. You want...

Headpiece: Bone Helm or SC piece from Scholo. Ghost Shroud from BRD is comparable.

Chestpiece: Cadavarous or SC

Wrist: Bracers of the Eclipse or SC

Belt: Quest reward belt from LBRS, SC, or what I really want, the Frostbite Belt from Scholo. Also, there's a nice leather belt you get at Honored rank from Alterac. Also, the Serpentine Sash which is a random BoE world drop is very nice. Often for sale at the AH for around 80g.

Boots: SC, Pads of the Dreadwolf (there's a ton of comparable boots)

Gloves: Devilsaur (There are much better gloves out there, but none that make up for the +2% to hit you get with the set bonus from Devilsaur)

Pants: Devilsaur

Shoulders: Wyrmskin is actually the best, like +1 AGI, +2 STA better than SC. SC is close, Truestrike are also good from UBRS. There's alot of comparable shoulders you can use.

And basically...you can substitute the PvP gear with any of this. 90% of the PvP stuff is better than the Shadowcraft stuff, and very comparable to everything else I've listed here.

I've got all my stuff mapped out. Only thing I REALLY want is the Bracers of the Eclipse, Cape of the Black Baron, and the Bonescrapper. And of course...I need a good main hand weapon.

I definately rambled more than I planned to...but it's Friday and I'm trying to kill time at work. Lemme know if you have any other questions. What build are you anyways...

06-17-2005, 01:12 PM

I do, but usually you guys are playing other characters....or Alorg who must be constantly in battlegrounds. I'd like to upgrade gear in Diremaul, BRS instances or Strat, though. At 59, I have to do instances or BG, and don't feel like looking for a group for an instance. So just let me know if you want to make a run and I'll switch characters.

I'm sure I'll outroll any cows in the group for the good drops. :cow:

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure my worst stuff is still better than your best stuff Dar. You still touting that level 30 shield around? Maybe I'll just outroll you for stuff.. so I can sell it back to you and really inflated prices. Nothing worse than an orc with gold.

:smug:

Trinitis
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Question for you rogue types.

I have this video that I've kept on my computer cause I really like it. It is a level 60 gnome rogue OWNING everything in site. Now, I've done some looking into her gnome, and have been able to figure out what weapons she is using. What I can't figure out, is how.

In the video, she is using ambush a lot, and doing 1400+ dmg with it. When I checked her weapons, she is using two swords (its a two item set, can't remember the names right now, but I can look them up if needed). She never changes weapons, so I don't get how she is ambushing.

I've figured she is using that ambush/backstabb bug? But that would mean the macro is switch weapons twice. Is that possible in the timeframe of an ambush, and fast enough that I could not see the weapons change?

Anyone know?

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I do, but usually you guys are playing other characters....or Alorg who must be constantly in battlegrounds. I'd like to upgrade gear in Diremaul, BRS instances or Strat, though. At 59, I have to do instances or BG, and don't feel like looking for a group for an instance. So just let me know if you want to make a run and I'll switch characters.

Hrm...so you want to do Battlegrounds or Instances. And I'm always in Battlegrounds or Instances... I can put together a group pretty much whenever (atleast I could, a couple of the folks I'd always go with seem to not be around as much lately. I think they're having issues with the recent WoW patches like I was).

But yeah...you can pretty much get a group for Strath any time of the day. And DM is only 5 man, so it's also kinda easy to put one together.

Wezas
06-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Nothing worse than an orc with gold.

:smug:

Mad Cow Disease?

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Question for you rogue types.

In the video, she is using ambush a lot, and doing 1400+ dmg with it. When I checked her weapons, she is using two swords (its a two item set, can't remember the names right now, but I can look them up if needed). She never changes weapons, so I don't get how she is ambushing.

I've figured she is using that ambush/backstabb bug? But that would mean the macro is switch weapons twice. Is that possible in the timeframe of an ambush, and fast enough that I could not see the weapons change?

Anyone know?

There's a macro that automatically switches your mainhand weapon to a dagger when you stealth, and instantly switches it back to a sword (or mace) when you unstealth (ie, when you ambush).

She's not using the exploit, because they fixed it a couple weeks ago. Besides, my ambushes blow and I ambush for 1400 when I crit.

Yeah, you're probably just not noticing her switch weapons because she's stealthed and her weapons probably aren't out (ie, they're not in her hands).

And it sounds like she has the Dal'Rend set...which makes me sad. :no::cry: I want so bad...

Trinitis
06-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok, I could see how that works, but In the video I can see what buttons she is click on to attack with.

More then once, she sneaks up, ambushes someone, they die, she runs off and gouges someone else, gets behind them, and Backstabs (not hiding) but her weapons never change. It's confusing to me, and bothers me a lot.

Also, I'm still trying to debate the rogue combat style. I can't deside if opening a fight with 1000+ damage and a single combo point is better then opening the fight with a 4 second stun, 2 combo points, and a spamming of SS with two swords.

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Do you have this macro? If so, tell me how to set it up.

I WANT

Trinitis
06-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Do you have this macro? If so, tell me how to set it up.

I WANT

I second. It'd allow me to get my ambushes, AND spam my SS's with swords. That's hot.

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't use macros...mainly because I'm too lazy to figure them out.

What you're probably seeing when she backstabs (if you can see the buttons)...

She's altered the backstab command. So instead of actually clicking "backstab", she's actually clicking a macro she created (and used the backstab icon for) which is is auto switching to a selected dagger, then backstab. There's also a macro that makes sure your selected sword is equipped before every SS.

Frankly, I'm 21/4/26. I tried 21/28/22 but I missed Hemo and the lowered cost of CS from being 3/3 in Imp CS. I really didn't like relying on backstabbing at 60 energy per use either. If I could have one more point, I'd add a 3rd point to imp gouge so it lasts 5.5 sec instead 5. I open 90% of my attacks with CS (2-3 CPs with initiative), Hemo, gouge (wait for enegy). Now I've got 4 or 5 CPs...typically I coldblood evisc here. Then hope I get the extra CP added from the finishing move, if not I hit a quick SS then KS. At this point all classes but warriors are probably at 20% or less health and are easy pickings.

Obviously, if I'm fighting for real I'm going to use vanish, blind, and prep as well, but typically I like to save those for emergencies.

Keller
06-17-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm having some issues recently with my build. I really don't know what I want to do.

What are the advantages of hemo? Do you just never gouge?

Right now I open with CS, SS, SS, Gouge. CB+Eviscerate, spam SS till dead.

That works against 75% of the alliance. But when I get a good alliance or any mage I am screwed. Now that everyone is getting their PvP gear (+stamina) it is not nearly as effective.

Seeing as I'm going to be around about 1/20th of the time come August, I can't rely on the PvP gear. I really want a ninja hood and a couple of good pieces of armor. I have Stormshroud shoulders and chestpiece. I might grind ST for the atal'ai spaulders of the monkey. I am set with my rings/necklace. I have an adequate sword (lvl 45 epic). I would like something better -- but it's not a priority like a ninja-hood is.

I also would like to grind for cash to have an epic mount. If I can only play a couple hours a week I don't want a slow ride. Therefore I just want to run instances. In addition I am just now 60 so I'm not burnt out on them like I am sure you are.

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm not necessarily burnt out on instances, it's just that I have little to gain from them, and alot of the people I'm used to grouping with either haven't been around (for me to invite, or them to invite me) or they've been PvPing. If I could finish the damn UBRS key, I'd be up for running it every day (And you could pick up the SC chest piece or Nightbrace, as well as better shoulders, rings, and other weapons).

I didn't realize you had some Stormshroud stuff, so you're pretty much good there. I also forgot to mention the Tombstone Breastplate and Nightbracer are also very good chestpieces.

Frankly, I don't think +% to crit is as important with an SS build. Also, Hemo doesn't cause the target to bleed, it does damage (like SS does) and also add +7 dmg to every physical attack taken by the victim of it for 15 seconds or 30 charges. So basically it's an extra 210 damage. It's better in groups with more people attacking, but it's also cheaper to use than gouge, so I can flawlessly stunlock someone up.

If I want, I can cheapshot, hemo, gouge...wait 5 seconds, kidney shot. The mob or player has now been stunned for 14 seconds. I usually don't go with kidney shot right away because I haven't done enough damage yet, and save KS for a 1-3 CP use to keep the person under control (I HATE jumping mages.)

Most people favor the 21/8/22 build, with the 8 points in combat being imp SS, imp BS (+30% chance to crit with backstab), and imp gouge. I didn't like the fact Backstab cost 60 enegy and it wasn't always easy to do when players are jumping around or if the game is laggy, which isn't unusual during large scale PvP.

I wouldn't grind ST for anything at your level...not worth it. What rings, neck, and trinkets do you have that you feel you are set on them? I'll bet I can point out better that aren't that difficult to obtain.

Keller
06-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Mask of the Unforgiven (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=17202) would be a welcome substitution to a ninja mask.

But I doubt we'll ever get to see him.

Keller
06-17-2005, 04:07 PM
I have mason's fraternity and the elvish ring from Tribute chest. I plan on getting a second elvish ring at some point.

Also my neckpiece is the PvP so I will be loosing it in a couple of months. I figure I'll pick SOMETHING up in the meantime.

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm up for BD tonight.. or an instance. I'll be on by 7pm. Let's start early instead of waiting around until 11:45 pm to decide what to do.

Let's not pull an Alorg.

8pm. WHO IS UP FOR SOMETHING AT 8PM??

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I have mason's fraternity and the elvish ring from Tribute chest. I plan on getting a second elvish ring at some point.

Also my neckpiece is the PvP so I will be loosing it in a couple of months. I figure I'll pick SOMETHING up in the meantime.

Crap damn fart. I somehow erased a long ass post. Anyways....

Your rings are pretty good. I just ditched my Mason's Ring for the Band of Flesh which I rank only slightly higher. The ring from the tribute chest is very nice, and I wanted it until I realized I'd just as well like the Painweaver band from UBRS...and just figured screw it, I'm gonna splurge for a Myrmidon's Signet next time I see one for sale since I have the gold and not much to spend it on.

There's a couple really good neckpieces out there. The one I have is +15 AGI and +10 DEF from DM. But I think I'm going to ditch it for the new quest reward from Hinterlands. Look it up, gotta kill the troll priestess and 20 guards, but the reward is a +10 STA +9 AGI +6 STR neckpiece...really overpowered for a quest item if you ask me.

There's a TON of helms out there you can get. That's one department the rogue isn't lacking in (I think rogues severely lack a decent selection of swords, maces, and even daggers. I mean...you see rogues with aboue 3 different end game daggers...there really should be more variety.)

Some of the helms..

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35667

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=23507

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=16552

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=3664

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=7249

And that's not counting the SC one. Those're all pretty easily attainable after a few runs at any place. Hell, I think the Eye of Rend got DE'd last time I was there.

Head and neck are probably two of the easier armor spots to fill for a rogue (Especially with the quest reward neckpiece now). I found the belt, boots, shoulders, and chestpiece to be the hardest to fit to my liking.

I love my armor...just wish I could do something about my damn weapons. The Bloodrazor you've been using since what...46...is a better weapon than I have.

SnatchWrangler
06-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm up for BD tonight.. or an instance. I'll be on by 7pm. Let's start early instead of waiting around until 11:45 pm to decide what to do.

Let's not pull an Alorg.

8pm. WHO IS UP FOR SOMETHING AT 8PM??

I don't know what BD is.

Anyways...you senile old cow...

I'd suggest UD Strath...but a mage sure does help with all of these places.

5 man DM is not a good idea, as two rogues in DM kinda gimp the group, especially doing DM west.

If we can't get a larger group, we could probably 5 man LBRS with me, Silthar, Bayne, Bloodlegion, and Keilum.

Parkbandit
06-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Sorry.. meant BG, not BD.

Then I'll bring the old cow out of the barn by 8pm. Sign me up for whatever.. I just want to get started by 8:30pm.

AnticorRifling
06-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Sorry.. meant BG, not BD.

Then I'll bring the old cow out of the barn by 8pm. Sign me up for whatever.. I just want to get started by 8:30pm.

Sucks having to be in bed by 10 huh?

Keller
06-17-2005, 05:23 PM
again -- I am in Indianapolis and only have access to my wife's laptop with a shitty integrated card. I tried BG last night and had 2 second lag to any command I entered. I don't want to put a group at risk because Slip'kik runs into me while I am trying to distract him.

But NEXT weekend I will be up for a bunch of stuff while I am on Keilum's roommate's computer.

AnticorRifling
06-17-2005, 05:32 PM
WTF?! You're in Indy on the weekend I have to go to Chicago for some stupid ass wedding. That sucks.

Keller
06-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I am in Indy till tomorrow morning. Then we fly to Charleston and drive to some island in S.C.

We will be back Thursday but I am going to West Lafeyette for the weekend while the wife is in Michigan at a wedding (I lucked out). Monday night I am babysitting my nieces while my brother-in-law takes my sister out to the Rathskeller for her 30th b-day dinner. Then I leave early Tuesday morning for LA.

But this might change if I call work and they don't want me to work there anymore. We had a little falling out when I took Father's Day off without their approval (in the restaurant business they make everyone work that day, just to be fair). I'm not too concerned as I have company most of July and will be in Oregon the first week of August and then starting school again the middle of August. I'm currently talking my wife into just letting me quit and staying in Indy for an extra week. If that happens we're taking Broad Ripple by force and leaving the wives at home.

SnatchWrangler
06-18-2005, 12:58 PM
I got my Bonescraper last night. One weapon down, one to go. (And the Alliance still sucks at PvP. My pickup groups were 6-0 last night again...and half the games were gimped since Bayne was stuck on my team.)

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Yeah even when we came into that first one which had the likes of ellusion and co. we still stomped on them.

Parkbandit
06-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Ellusion was in the first one? Never saw him.

We had someone named Zzaap.. a mage.. who I dueld twice before we got in there and he kicked my ass very soundly. Fucking sheeping me to heal SUCKS ASS.

And I still hate Alorg.

Parkbandit
06-18-2005, 01:14 PM
I got my Bonescraper last night. One weapon down, one to go. (And the Alliance still sucks at PvP. My pickup groups were 6-0 last night again...and half the games were gimped since Bayne was stuck on my team.)

Oh please... I think I did pretty good in the 2nd and 3rd games on Defense with Kagg. His ice trap and my 3 totems really fucked them up. If someone did get the flag, most of the times I would frost them to slow them down and Kagg would just unleash his ranged fury.

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 01:18 PM

We had someone named Zzaap.. a mage.. who I dueld twice before we got in there and he kicked my ass very soundly. Fucking sheeping me to heal SUCKS ASS.

And I still hate Alorg.

That was the one that you didnt get in...you cried all the way through, remember?
And Zzaap is very cool.

Parkbandit
06-18-2005, 01:21 PM

And I still hate Alorg.

That was the one that you didnt get in...you cried all the way through, remember?
And Zzaap is very cool.

Well how fucking retarded is it if the group leader.. who pulled YOU AND ALORG into his group.. ran over to WG to sign us up AS A GROUP.. didn't get in, but you two did? It's fucking bugged and irritating.

Christ, in 4 hours we only played 3 CTF games. Most of the games lasted a big fucking 15-20 minutes each. That's 1 hour of playing and 3 hours of waiting to get in. Bullshit.

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 01:26 PM

And I still hate Alorg.

And Zzaap is very cool.

Well how fucking retarded is it if the group leader.. who pulled YOU AND ALORG into his group.. ran over to WG to sign us up AS A GROUP.. didn't get in, but you two did? It's fucking bugged and irritating.

Christ, in 4 hours we only played 3 CTF games. Most of the games lasted a big fucking 15-20 minutes each. That's 1 hour of playing and 3 hours of waiting to get in. Bullshit.

You dont actually have to stay there.
You can go do other things once you have signed up, like destroy uberly incompetent Alliance raids on XR, or quest (pointless for level 60's I know) or buy poisons from Orgrimmar so you dont have to whinge all the way through BG that you dont have poison or blinding powder...etc. etc.

Trinitis
06-18-2005, 01:28 PM
ROFL

Park my man, you just got pwned :P

Parkbandit
06-18-2005, 01:35 PM

You dont actually have to stay there.
You can go do other things once you have signed up, like destroy uberly incompetent Alliance raids on XR, or quest (pointless for level 60's I know) or buy poisons from Orgrimmar so you dont have to whinge all the way through BG that you dont have poison or blinding powder...etc. etc.

I know you don't have to stand there.. and in fact that is what we did in XR. Also, you can't quest in most cases.. like if you have to kill 10 ogres.. it won't count them if you are in the BG queue. The only thing you can do is really grind.

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Also, you can't quest in most cases.. like if you have to kill 10 ogres.. it won't count them if you are in the BG queue. The only thing you can do is really grind.

It will count them provided you arent in a raid group...in which case you cant quest or grind.

Tsa`ah
06-18-2005, 04:22 PM
BG was a blast for sure. Even with that suicide warlock taking a swan dive to sheep me .... she wouldn't get halfway down the tunnel while Bayne and the cat were chopping her ass up.

Playing flag D is good and all when you have someone competent enough to guard it with you. It's hell when you don't though. It took me a few deaths to get a good groove though.

Offense for me was much more fun. In three runs straight, Vash, Daredevil, and Ellonah (I think) were my bitches. For all I hear about Vash being so uber for a hunter ... he really sucks ass. He should have stuck with guarding his own flag. I think he's heavily speced in beastmastery because he has absolutely no clue what to do when he is being shot at or how to run with a flag.

I managed a flag pick up only once but never got it back to base. I dropped frost and hit cheetah with 2 behind chasing me down the tunnel. I switched to monkey and blasted 3 at the end of the tunnel with a scatter shot and switched back to cheetah. Mind you ... that was solo. Midfield I picked up three horde as escort but instead of escorting me back to our flag room, they broke off to go after an alliance carrying our flag ... even though we were right at our entrance and there wasn't a chance in hell that the alliance could get our flag to their base before we planted their flag in ours. I managed to wingclip an alliance in our tunnel and get a good distance away ... then got dropped by this rogue named Dagger (daggers?). I was sad ... and we lost that one.

The last game was insane though. I didn't even know Alorg was in until it was tied 2 all. The last flag was insane long. It went back and forth for over 30 minutes until the Alliance just fell apart. 102 HKs cheered me up though.

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 08:04 PM
the reason they went after your flag is that you cant plant their flag if yours is going bye byes.

and 102 HKs sounds good but with diminishing returns and ten people in an instance, that works out at 10 kills per alliance which works out at 6 kills with no CPs.

Sometimes the honor tabs are so cruel

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 09:12 AM

And I still hate Alorg.

Zzaap is a very good mage. I think he's better than Hippie in CTF. Although, I think Hippie has a target on his back so...that may be the reason he doesn't seem to do that well. Durge is also an awesome mage to have on your side.

Someone else probably no one has heard of is Tiltyu. No clue who this guy was before BG came out (he's in some guild I've never heard of as well), but he's awesome. I've seen him work people over that I would expect to kick the crap out of him. He's a real BG whore.

Alorg still rules.

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 09:16 AM
then got dropped by this rogue named Dagger (daggers?). I was sad ... and we lost that one.

CTF and BG have become a huge confidence booster for me. Dagger used to kick my ass back in the day (when questing, in TM, etc.), now I make him my bitch on a regular basis. If you get the opening shot on him, he doesn't stand a chance.

The last game was insane though. I didn't even know Alorg was in until it was tied 2 all. The last flag was insane long. It went back and forth for over 30 minutes until the Alliance just fell apart. 102 HKs cheered me up though.

How could you not realize I was there? I was the one that brought us back from being down 0-2. :D

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Now that you've done about a zillion BGs.. what are the rewards you can get from the vendor outside? Anything good?

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Now that you've done about a zillion BGs.. what are the rewards you can get from the vendor outside? Anything good?

Basically...no.

The Warsong Gulch vendor sells pots and bandages that can be used ONLY In Warsong Gulch. I'm guessing my record is probably something like 45-15, and I'm probably 4-5 wins from a Friendly rep with them. There's really no point to it.

On the other hand, the Frostwolf Faction from Alterac Valley has a TON of rewards. The rewards they offer for sale are pretty close to the PvP rewards. Blues and epic weapons and armor, as well as mounts and miscellaneous other equipment. They've got some REALLY nice stuff there.

That's why I'm always pushing for it to open and people to join. You can get some really nice stuff there (not to mention you end up killing some named mobs and elites, which end up dropping stuff.) For instance, the elemental each group summons always drops two blues. Also, one of the first nights we were there, Keilum got some BoE blue pants I'm sure he sold for some decent gold, as well as one of those Librams that sell for 10-30g, depending on what type it is.

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 10:28 AM
My only problem with Frostwolf is the time required to play there. Doesn't it take forever?

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 10:33 AM
My only problem with Frostwolf is the time required to play there. Doesn't it take forever?

You can come and go as you wish. The Horde have never techically won Alterac yet on our server, and the only time the Alliance has won was when it was a default victory for them because the Instance shut down due to lack of Horde, or they killed the Horde commander (I believe this has happened once or twice) when the numbers were something like 30+ vs. 10.

You don't need to stick around for 8 hours to gain faction points, you get it for killing Alliance and turning in their scalps, turning in blood, armor scraps, as well as a half dozen or so NPC type quests around the area.